Author Topic: Engineering the Vulch  (Read 1866 times)

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2006, 10:55:49 AM »
Originally posted by uberhun
Proper English manners require you to text your Vulch victim a hardy !
:rofl

Did you actually read the start to this thread because I am left with a little confusion as to the meaning of your response.  Would you be so kind as to clarify. I fail to grasp the connection between saluting a vulch victim and being underhandedly duped into taking part in a Vulch fest.

Could it be that I miss the sense of humour that unfolds before us all ?

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #16 on: October 16, 2006, 10:56:23 AM »
ok, so during a base capture, there should be no vulching.  we should fly away from the field to the next base.   That makes sense, good.  But...if everyone flies away and allows them to up...do you think they may kill the goon/m3?  I do.  So, isnt some vulchers a good idea...and part of the team you speak of?  

oh, we are all suppose to leave the field, so we can all shoot up the town and be left with no ammo...so they can up the  field and kill the goon/m3? urr  that dont sound good.

ohhh wait, i got it....we all go shoot up the town, while you vulch?  thats ok then?

I never knew there was so much ethics involved in vulching.:rolleyes:
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #17 on: October 16, 2006, 10:58:55 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth

Try being a real team player once & a while, who knows, you may like it.

pay my monthly fee then.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #18 on: October 16, 2006, 11:01:58 AM »
Originally posted by LYNX
Hornet33 allow me to respond in brief...

Wrong here me old china.  When a "ON GOING" capture is Hijacked with underhand tactics so as the capture is prolonged or indeed FOILED then thats when I take exception.  

How is vulching going to foil your capture of the base?  If you cannot capture a base when other players are vulching and keeping the enemy from taking off then the problem is obviously you and the others trying to capture the base.  Maybe some new tactics are in order or maybe some training?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #19 on: October 16, 2006, 11:29:45 AM »
It goes like this: as the goon approaches the town ten guys over the runway all collectively think they can get one more kill before the la7 gets through and kills the goon. In this case it was probably Lynx.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2006, 11:51:02 AM »
If im intent of a vulch run, I bring ord for the VH. Then I vulch till the cows come home. If I plan on a base capture, I leave the VH for the fighters. If they came to vulch they should have come heavy. Depends what mood Im in. Sometimes I wanna just kill stuff, other times I wanna bomb and grab stuff.

I have no problems with vultures. Except for if I dont bother to kill the VH because they didnt want to, and they are screaming at me to do so. Times like that I just level the FHs and end the problem right there.

~AoM~

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #21 on: October 16, 2006, 12:31:26 PM »
LYNX ... I am somewhat confused as to what your point is ...

Maybe others suffer the same as me.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2006, 01:19:03 PM by SlapShot »
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

storch

Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #22 on: October 16, 2006, 12:43:34 PM »
Originally posted by Ack-Ack
pay my monthly fee then.

ack-ack
use your WIC stamps

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
Re: Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #23 on: October 16, 2006, 12:49:15 PM »
Originally posted by LYNX
When it comes to vulching it's always moaned about and it's always done by all sides.  If your dumb enough to up at a capped field then your probabley dumb enough to moan about being vulched.

You'd be suprised. Whine on 200 enough, and some people are stupid enough to let you take off. Then the greedy ones die. :t

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #24 on: October 16, 2006, 01:00:48 PM »
i think lynxs' point is----you get  guys posting a capture mission or organizing a base capture and having no intention of taking the base---just trying to get numbers to hide behind while they vulch and run home with their kills!!----kind of sneaky,cowardly thing to do----
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline uberhun

• Nickel Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #25 on: October 16, 2006, 01:59:15 PM »
Per "Lynx"
"Could it be that I miss the sense of humour that unfolds before us all ?"
Well yes Lynx I was being funny. The fact is this is a game and everyone plays the way they want to, not the way you think they should. Vulching hoeing and any other "underhanded" technique is well.........endemic to the environment and atmosphere of the current players who are on line at the time. The Ma is the Ma. You pay your Euro equivalent of $ 14.95 U.S. like the rest of us, which entitles YOU to play the wayYOU want to play. I understand you feel their should be some kind of game play ettiquet observed in base taking. I think I can safely say we all do. For the most part it will probably won't happen. The MA is to "Cowboy" (applogize for the American slang and previous sarcasm).
Uberhun.:aok

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #26 on: October 16, 2006, 02:01:43 PM »
Lynx, pretty smart cat,from what ive seen, i think he means, they wanna take a base, few cats come to vulch, with no real intention on helpin take the base? I vulch, there for I am. But i try to help with the overall picture when its needed, i.e. kill vh, lend some town killin, or the ol roll into town with your exit from town towards the base, vulch rinse repeat, if im getting this picture in my mind right?   he must have a legit bi**h, or I dont think he'd post it. the point is, try to help kill some stuff, along with vulching, to help the capture, if it iminent??? I could be wrong, I was once, (1980) As you were gentleladys.:cool:
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2006, 02:05:33 PM »
Originally posted by SlapShot
LYNX ... I am somewhat confused as to what your point is ...

Maybe other suffer the same as me.

Thank you SlapShot I must indeed add a little clarity.  Killnu and Ack-Ack have missed the mark by a barn doors width.  Hijack and foil however are a little difficult to confuse.  I would have prefered people to fathom out the plot without it being in black and white.  To be copied or expanded upon.

When the capture is on it boils down to two basic things 1) 10 troops are needed 2) Town has to be flat.  Everything else supports these 2 basic things.  Any interuption to these 2 things leads to failure.

Now some cleaver vulching skilless tards deside "hey,why take the base this is a great vulch".  They then engineer the disruption of the capture to prolong the vulch.  Ther by HIJACKING the capture.  A couple of ways is to infer troops are inbound when they are NOT.  Call town flat or Gv free when it is NOT. Allow troops, goons or m3's to be killed. Keep CV's outta spawn range.  Lots of things can be done to disrupt.  There by FOILING the capture.  

All for the sake of a cheap vulch at the expense of others on there side.  

I repeat in plain English Killnu Ack-Ack I have no problem with folk vulching as I said in the opening text.  I add now I appreciate the hand in the capture.  I'm happy to let guys nail uppers while I or others like me sort the town.  

However, if you told me and others that squadie so-n-so was inbound with troops and I did the DOT wingman so-N-so and find him over 100 miles away bombing a factory I will not be best pleased.  If that capture then turned into a vulch fest for 2 hours because squadie so-N-so was NOT inb with troops as promised you can be assured I will let everyone know.

I do hope this has added clarity

Offline chaingun

• Copper Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2006, 02:06:33 PM »
i up a osti and kill the vulchers then, get a pm that i was lame for killing them in a osti lmao,

Offline killnu

• Gold Member
Engineering the Vulch
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2006, 02:19:03 PM »
how anyone was suppose to get that out of your first post is beyond me.  If you want to type something that vague, then prepare for peoples interpratations(sp?).  I am glad I could give you the inspiration to write something people could understand.:aok
Karma, it follows you every where you go...

++The Blue Knights++