Author Topic: so long habeus corpus.  (Read 5848 times)

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
so long habeus corpus.
« Reply #315 on: October 27, 2006, 04:14:48 PM »
Originally posted by Mace2004
Read again the pertinent part:

Bottom line is that I'm not, and no other American citizen is an "alien" so, just by simply reading the law it clearly doesn't apply to US citizens.

You and an "alien" are walking down the street, how does the .gov G-man know who is who? Can you prove you are a US citizen? aliens get ID cards, bank accounts, and can forge any document... now what?

Is the alien glowing? is there a "kick me I'm an alien" sign on his back? or is the only way to determine the difference between you & and alien detention and status determination?

Please, tell me how the .gov WILL apply this law. We both know how they should, but lawyers always ignore the "Spirit of the law"... thats why a married man who walks into a church to get married can get charged with felony BURGLARY... same goes for "beer-runners"

Was the spirit of burglary to lock up beer running  kids and bigamists? no, but it gets used like that DAILY, I've personally done it. A law is like a gun, you can aim it at a proper target, or not..

Offline lukster

• Gold Member
so long habeus corpus.
« Reply #316 on: October 27, 2006, 04:16:27 PM »
Originally posted by x0847Marine
People get excited by the term "alien", then say "see it doesn't apply to US citizens.." but thats not how lawyers / gendarme read it. What definition of alien will they use? and do aliens glow a special color so they stick out?

Otherwise there is no reasonible way to seperate Aliens from US citizens other than detention and status determination, or something like a new national US Citizen ID card...

I have an ID card and am already in the governments database. I'm not worried and I think you should have to have an valid id card to vote.

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
so long habeus corpus.
« Reply #317 on: October 27, 2006, 04:46:07 PM »
Corruption of the voting system would be a bigger priority, supposing it's prevalent.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
so long habeus corpus.
« Reply #318 on: October 27, 2006, 10:45:08 PM »
Originally posted by x0847Marine
What definition of alien will they use?

Probably, as shown on the first page of the thread,  the one in the law.

excerpt from the act
(3) ALIEN- The term `alien' means a person who is not a citizen of the United States.
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
so long habeus corpus.
« Reply #319 on: October 27, 2006, 10:57:13 PM »
Q for anyone: can a naturalized citizen be stripped of thier citizenship?
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Holden McGroin

• Plutonium Member
so long habeus corpus.
« Reply #320 on: October 27, 2006, 11:55:36 PM »
Originally posted by JB88
Q for anyone: can a naturalized citizen be stripped of thier citizenship?

Yup, you can be "denaturalized" for the following:

1. Convicted For An Act Of Treason Against The United States

2. Holding A Policy Level Position In A Foreign Country

3. Serving In Your Native Country’s Armed Forces If That Country Is Engaged In Hostilities Or At War With The United States

4. Serving In Your Native Country’s Armed Forces As An Officer Or A Non-Commissioned Officer

5. Lying To The USCIS During The Naturalization Process

6. Refusal To Testify (for the first 10 years) Before Congress About Your Subversive Activities
« Last Edit: October 27, 2006, 11:57:50 PM by Holden McGroin »
Holden McGroin LLC makes every effort to provide accurate and complete information. Since humor, irony, and keen insight may be foreign to some readers, no warranty, expressed or implied is offered. Re-writing this disclaimer cost me big bucks at the lawyer’s office!

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
so long habeus corpus.
« Reply #321 on: October 28, 2006, 12:08:27 AM »
so in essence, one could be exiled?
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.