Author Topic: training section faulty-aces pls read-help  (Read 672 times)

Offline Tozza

• Zinc Member
training section faulty-aces pls read-help
« on: August 24, 2001, 03:09:00 PM »
I know this is wrong section but traing bbs faulty 2 day so im hoping u see this.
U seem like a knowledgable guys so how about helping a newb dweeb like me and giving me and easy to follow reversal in the following situation.

Im grabbin alt and am at 7 k 180 mph
Notice hi con on my 6, he dives onto my six and is closing but not so fast that a can force overshoot-wot do i do to gain advantage

Offline SKurj

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2001, 06:12:00 PM »
Immediately drop the nose if u are doin 180.  I would likely do a nose low turn hoping to gain some speed and evade guns.  

As the con overshoots I would reverse into him.  If I am going slower than my opponent I will almost always turn nose to nose.

Its a hard question to answer.  If you are doing 180 in a spit for example, your options are more plentiful than if you are in a P51.  The same applies to the attacker's plane type...

SKurj

Offline Lephturn

• Silver Member
      • http://lephturn.webhop.net
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2001, 07:55:00 AM »
Exactly Skurj,

This is going to depend a great deal on what you are flying, and how it compares to what the attacker is flying.

But, the bottom line is this.  If the other guy is a good pilot in a comparable plane, you can't expect to beat him starting at a disadvantage.  You can try all kinds of things... but you never want to begin a fight from both a positional and energy disadvantage such as you describe.  If your plane has the speed and diving ability, simply split-S and bug out for friendly territory.