Author Topic: Goodbye...  (Read 1225 times)

Offline gatt

• Gold Member
Goodbye...
« Reply #15 on: October 24, 2006, 08:54:36 AM »
Originally posted by Eagler
someone please remind me not to post some cornholio good bye thread if I ever leave AH...they just seem to be the last cry of attention for some ...
oh yeah, bye gatt, goob, whoever it is this time ... see u back in < 6 months when you discover that even if it isn't perfect, AH is the best ww2 air combat simulation going ..

Eagler, I've already said goodbye to friends and foes, without any whine but saying thanks for all these years of fun. It was not a cry for something: it was a goodbye and a soft *warning* for HTC as well: pissed-off customers dont simply whine, they often quit. Out of our 8 squaddies, 5 left during the last months.

And no, I wont be back if no CT will roll out of factory with some serious strat. Or maybe the old MA.

Ah was the only choice when it was enuff good for me. Now not only it isnt perfect, it is not fun anymore. IMO, obviously: but it is my c/c and my time that matter.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 08:59:07 AM by gatt »
"And one of the finest aircraft I ever flew was the Macchi C.205. Oh, beautiful. And here you had the perfect combination of italian styling and german engineering .... it really was a delight to fly ... and we did tests on it and were most impressed." - Captain Eric Brown

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: Goodbye...
« Reply #16 on: October 24, 2006, 08:55:37 AM »
Originally posted by g00b
Just saying goodbye folks. After the arena changes I found I simply lost interest in the game. I haven't played in months . And this from a guy who has been playing more or less non-stop since Warbirds beta, then AH beta.

All

Haven't played in months?
The arena changes took place little over a month ago. Seems as though your opinion is less than well informed. Your money; your choice. Take care.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Goodbye...
« Reply #17 on: October 24, 2006, 08:58:34 AM »
Sorry lazs, missed your post.

Hajo - well said.

Offline g00b

• Nickel Member
Re: Re: Goodbye...
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2006, 03:33:51 PM »
Originally posted by Max
Haven't played in months?
The arena changes took place little over a month ago. Seems as though your opinion is less than well informed. Your money; your choice. Take care.

Geez you guys are so literal. Who pooed in in your wheaties? I played a couple times in the last couple months. My observation was that I'm not drawn to play the way I used to, how on earth can you challenge that? How can you say "Seems as though your opinion is less than well informed"? It makes no sence at all...

Eagler
someone please remind me not to post some cornholio good bye thread if I ever leave AH...they just seem to be the last cry of attention for some ...
oh yeah, bye gatt, goob, whoever it is this time ... see u back in < 6 months when you discover that even if it isn't perfect, AH is the best ww2 air combat simulation going ..

Funny you were apparently forced to reply to this thread in some cornholio attempt for attention. I cetainly agree that AH2 is the best WWII flight sim going, that still doesn't mean I am motivated to play it.

Didn't your mothers ever teach you "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all"?

The message was intended to explain my whereabouts to those who might wonder where I went, and why I went, not to complain, or ask for comments from the peanut gallery.

So, once again, All, see ya when TOD comes out.

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Goodbye...
« Reply #19 on: October 24, 2006, 03:36:54 PM »
maybe this is what HT wants to remove from the "community" and the reason for trying to make it more friendly...... because theres so many smack talk tards here?;)
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Sundowner

• Silver Member
Goodbye...
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2006, 06:52:41 PM »
Good luck, g00b.

Hope to see ya return.

Regards,
Sun
Freedom implies risk. Less freedom implies more risk.

Offline tactic

• Nickel Member
Goodbye...
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2006, 07:25:34 PM »
Me and some others not far behind you g00b.  :) .    What Overlag says about the smack talk tards is true and sad.      Read the bottom quotes. :p

Offline Overlag

• Gold Member
Goodbye...
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2006, 08:07:58 PM »
"It is Typical of the Human Beast to Try to Control Human Behavior by Overkill. We cant change Human Behavior, We can Just Punish the innocent"

omg thats almost exactly what i said in another thread, how hitech is punishing all of us, due to a few unfriendly players.
Adam Webb - 71st (Eagle) Squadron RAF Wing B
This post has a Krusty rating of 37

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Goodbye...
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2006, 09:35:18 PM »
I'll miss ya g00b. Take care of yourself.

My best,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: Re: Re: Goodbye...
« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2006, 09:57:38 PM »
Originally posted by g00b
Geez you guys are so literal. Who pooed in in your wheaties? I played a couple times in the last couple months. My observation was that I'm not drawn to play the way I used to, how on earth can you challenge that? How can you say "Seems as though your opinion is less than well informed"? It makes no sence at all...

Goob, no one pooed in my Wheaties. The 3rd sentence of your original post stated, "I haven't played in months." Your words, not mine. I was simply implying that if you haven't actually experienced Aces High since the arena change-up, you can't be that well informed about the actual game play...unless you're drawing conclusions based on the player base who are unhappy about said changes.

I'm not challenging your decision to leave. What I am saying is that you appear to predicate your decision on limited knowledge, or complete ignorance of the facts.

I hope that makes sence.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Goodbye...
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2006, 10:15:54 PM »
Max, I wouldn't say Goob is ignorant of the facts.

IMHO, the bottom line is we play in a place that has a revolving door. People are coming and going. We wish those leaving goodbye and hope all is well with them. We say "Welcome" to those new folks coming in.

If those going out greatly exceed those coming in the door don't you think those powers that be might think again?

The only negative I see is its beginning to look alot like another game I used to play. I'm not so sure that a bad thing.

Ren
The Damned

Offline Killjoy2

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nortonfamily.net
Goodbye...
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2006, 12:27:42 AM »
G0000OOOOOOooooob

Alas, I shall no more welcome you to the fight.

Cya goob.

Ummm just for the record, I logged at 10:30 Pacific time becasue there was not enough in ANY arena for a sustained fight.   But there was enough in the 2 LW arenas to almost have a battle.  Not quite enough, but almost.  Good Luck with the changes HT.  I'm getting to bed a lot earlier.

Offline 68DevilM

• Gold Member
Goodbye...
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2006, 12:54:41 AM »
sad.....

i stopped playing a couple months ago, before any of the new arena changes, was just wore out after 2 years, thousands of hours and thousands of dollars on upgrades and mutiple quits.....this time i dont think ill be back.....not to mention my joystick crapped out on me......

i miss the game from time to time but with all the heartake over the new arena's
i dont think im too interested in flying with out the furball's.....ehh but who knows mabey one day.

best of luck to all and HTC......

Devil:aok

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Goodbye...
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2006, 08:11:03 AM »
goob..  sorry the changes didn't work out for you... can't imagine that you have given em much of a chance at this early stage tho.

Do you fly LW?  it is still a slum and pretty much just like the old ma that you lost interest in so far as I can see.

Like you, I was playing a lot less... the ma was getting pretty boring.  the changes have been great for me... early war is really good most of the time... more fun in one early war sortie nowdays that 3 in the old ma.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's