Author Topic: the keepers of the game should listen  (Read 2016 times)

Offline reacher15

• Copper Member
the keepers of the game should listen
« on: October 24, 2006, 08:02:19 PM »
fractured the squads.

created hoards at any base thats close to NME base,

ENY took favorites planes away.

the maps are a kick in the face....i used to look forward to seeing what map might be up when i logged in.

IE:

my squad is now divided....half in one arena and half in another. we actually enjoy flying together and even if we're scattered about the map the commraderey was always a nice part of the game. soemone might have a funny story about what happened that day at work and you have 8 or 9 guys sitting at thier desks in all parts of the world laughing together. we have already lost several members just because the game is no longer enticing. cruising ebay has more appeal...never know what you might find.

there are no places to fight with 3 on 3...it's nothing but hoards at any base thats close to an NME base. i'm not even going to elaborate on this one.

the ENY is a farse...it does not stop the hoards, it does not create a balance. it just takes away your favote ride. i rather up my favorite ride from a base further back than not have it at all...lets say something along lines that there are anly a certain number of planes at any given field as opposed to.." no little johny...God took all the P51's away". even AW got that one right...if too many people upped from a field you had to up from a different field...and this was nice because it moved the action around the map,,,although you need a map to move around in. and if you were intent on still going to that NME base it broke up the hoards.

the maps are sickening. with the large maps at least you could go and stir an NME field and get a small confrontation. you could go and find a nice little gv war some where. you could change things up and get your squad together and find something else to do on the map. now we have been given one new map that i will not describe here what i think of it....i'd say it's along the lines that i used have an awsome garage with lots of tools that i could make things, fix things and use all my nice tools. now i have 6x6 shed with no heat and it's so jammed up with half my nice tools that you couldn't even use a screwdriver. oh and the other half of my nice tools are under a tarp rusting.

i took the summer off from the game and was looking forward to having a renewed vigor towards the game and i feel nothing but frustration and the game is no longer fun.

i'm checking out other venues. i don't even want to log in anymore. what WAS an awsome game when i came over from AW has not only stagnated it has regressed to exactly what AW was.

oh look...a good show is on TV. now thats interesting....gotta log...see ya!!!!!!!!!!!

if your bored...take up surfing...hang loose brudda!!!!!!!!!!

http://www.miniclip.com/games/surfs-up/en/

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Hitech Please
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2006, 08:05:40 PM »
Unite us again!:)

Encourage the man!!!:aok
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline NoBaddy

• Gold Member
      • http://www.damned.org
Hitech Please
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2006, 08:06:11 PM »
Nope, I'm havin more fun than in years.
NoBaddy (NB)

Flying since before there was virtual durt!!
"Ego is the anesthetic that dulls the pain of stupidity."

storch

Hitech Please
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2006, 08:06:43 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Nope, I'm havin more fun than in years.
:D

Offline eilif

• Silver Member
Hitech Please
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2006, 08:19:56 PM »
Unite us again!

typical answer from someone who has only played for a year.  MA got old, move on!

storch

Hitech Please
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2006, 08:54:02 PM »
Originally posted by eilif
typical answer from someone who has only played for a year.  MA got old, move on!
hear, hear!!!

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Re: the keepers of the game should listen
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2006, 08:59:22 PM »
Originally posted by reacher15
it has regressed to exactly what AW was.

For the life of me I am trying to see how this is a bad thing.

(shakes fist at EA!!!)

(I still don't by anything EA)
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Hitech Please
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2006, 09:23:44 PM »
I have been here 5 years and I think this is THE biggest bonehead move the guys in grapevine have ever pulled.

I fly this game to hang out with my squaddies, could care less about a lot of things since our squad has been together in 2 other games before this one.  I am sure when the next one is written that replaces this one after its demise, we will be there too.

I have been flying online combat games since RedBaron1 and AW (Both DOS based games) from 1992 until now.  I am amazed that the creators of this game would rid it of the most cohesive bond it had going for it.  Break up the reason for staying in the game and people lose interest rapidly.  The lone wolf types (those who cannot comprehend teamwork) you know who they are, the cherrypickers, furballers, et al... They could care less about the dissolution of the community because they were never part of it.

I see no point in these changes, if you want to make a furballers arena and a GV arena, I would understand that... Thats what we have now in the EW and MW arenas!  I dont believe the guys in Grapevine realize what a STRENGTH the larger MA was.

For me, I would rather play a game that is as good as or even perhaps a bit inferior to this one to fly with my friends as we have been together over 8 years now and we have watched the games come and go...  What's next?

Edit:  As an add-on... those who are marching in lockstep on these changes and joining in on the chorus of flaming those who do voice a differing opinion are part of the problem here.  I say that these people are voicing an opinion in writing BEFORE they voice it with their wallets.  If hitech lost 20% (perhaps more) of current customers there would always be someone waiting to take them right in.  No matter how good a product is, there comes a point that other considerations will take precedence.  No-one should ever be so arrogant as to believe there is no-one out there who could step up to the plate and fill in the gap you leave open.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2006, 09:30:28 PM by Mr No Name »
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Hitech Please
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2006, 09:31:19 PM »
Hear, hear, NB.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Hitech Please
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2006, 09:33:23 PM »
Originally posted by Mr No Name
I have been here 5 years and I think this is THE biggest bonehead move the guys in grapevine have ever pulled.

I fly this game to hang out with my squaddies, could care less about a lot of things since our squad has been together in 2 other games before this one.  I am sure when the next one is written that replaces this one after its demise, we will be there too.

I have been flying online combat games since RedBaron1 and AW (Both DOS based games) from 1992 until now.  I am amazed that the creators of this game would rid it of the most cohesive bond it had going for it.  Break up the reason for staying in the game and people lose interest rapidly.  The lone wolf types (those who cannot comprehend teamwork) you know who they are, the cherrypickers, furballers, et al... They could care less about the dissolution of the community because they were never part of it.

I see no point in these changes, if you want to make a furballers arena and a GV arena, I would understand that... Thats what we have now in the EW and MW arenas!  I dont believe the guys in Grapevine realize what a STRENGTH the larger MA was.

For me, I would rather play a game that is as good as or even perhaps a bit inferior to this one to fly with my friends as we have been together over 8 years now and we have watched the games come and go...  What's next?

Edit:  As an add-on... those who are marching in lockstep on these changes and joining in on the chorus of flaming those who do voice a differing opinion are part of the problem here.  I say that these people are voicing an opinion in writing BEFORE they voice it with their wallets.  If hitech lost 20% (perhaps more) of current customers there would always be someone waiting to take them right in.  No matter how good a product is, there comes a point that other considerations will take precedence.  No-one should ever be so arrogant as to believe there is no-one out there who could step up to the plate and fill in the gap you leave open.

What squad ya in? how many guys they have?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Hitech Please
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2006, 09:39:06 PM »
We now have 32 members... thought it was just 29
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Hitech Please
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2006, 12:21:00 AM »
<<-- in HUNGER STRIKE ,protesting against HTC for closing MA!

anyway i'm overweight, maybe works better than Dr.Phil's  "Ultimate weight solution"

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
Hitech Please
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2006, 07:58:20 AM »
Here's a hot tip.

Send out an email to all your squad mates.

We will fly for the next week in the Mid War Arena.

Poof, problem solved,  everyones in one arena, no problem getting in, and a good mix of planes to choose from.  Just be prepared to switch country's to help balance sides.

Ohh you might want to be aware also that Gangbanging, HO's, are not looked upon very nicely in the early/mid war arenas. Just an FYI.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Hitech Please
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2006, 08:54:30 AM »
Originally posted by eilif

hehe you must be a newbie!!

kreacher/reacher1/ other cpids has been around for years..he is part of a smaller squad called the sick puppies...they include rhino/colt/etc

but what would i know..us megasquad types never get to know the community...

:lol :lol :lol
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline DadRabit

• Nickel Member
Hitech Please
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2006, 08:59:12 AM »
S!

well said reacher:aok
David (Daddy Rabbit) Jester
S! 68KO
S! A8WB
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. Ronald Reagan