Author Topic: the keepers of the game should listen  (Read 2015 times)

Offline COndor06

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.CondorAerial.com
Hitech Please
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2006, 01:40:05 PM »
Reacher, I have to agree with you. I have read and posted about this and the conclusion was (from Hitech) that AH is suffering from lack of pier

pressure (IE people becoming more aggressive towards each other because pier pressure looses its control in an overpopulated arena, where

a smaller population tends to get along better). Ok, I can understand that conclusion and it makes sense but my problem is with the solution that

was devised to overcome the problem. By solving the aggression, pier pressure issues you have created several more and the trade off just isn’t

worth it, to me anyway. This one solution destroys my reasons for being here in the first place. Squads, eny values, maps, exciting game play,

buddy contacts, large missions, multiple head-to-head action, busy arenas, and everything my squad enjoyed. Yeah, I know, some bleeding heart is

going to post here crying about how they get shot down all the time, and I just can’t take it anymore and how this new setup has enriched their

experience and blah blah blah. To be honest about it, I just don’t care. Go find another game that better fits your reasons for gaming on line. I mean,

I see you posting in here but it’s very hard to find you in numbers that would amount to anything in the arenas and I have been asking everyone

through the country text. IMHO I believe there is another solution that would achieve the same resolve that Hitech wants to accomplish. It’s got

to be tuff to have to make a decision like this and spend the next several weeks defending your position. My hats off to the AH guys. I truly believe

you are looking for a better way for everyone. I think you would achieve the same goal by creating a buddy list that would only allow individuals to

speak with people on their list. Limit it to 200 and you have your controlled environment. Do away with channel 200 and lets move on to the AH game

we have all come to let control our ever waking obviously meager lives. (just kidding guys) Any concept along these lines would be better suited

among the population and we don’t loose the most valuable aspects of your original creation. Keep the other arenas for individual taste and game

play but don’t take our MTV. Can’t you see how it’s destroying the very fabric of humanity? Well, maybe not that bad but it still sucks. Last night I

spent two hours in the DA with the only squad mate I could find out of boredom. Tonight is going to be real interesting as it is squad night for us

and NO, we don’t want to go to an unpopulated arena and fly other planes with our squad being 80% of the arena population. Where’s the fun in

that. Their has got to be a better solution.  :furious
Be careful what you shoot at. Most things
in here don't react too well to bullets.
Captain Marko Ramius:

http://www.CondorAerial.com

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Hitech Please
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2006, 01:43:57 PM »
this is one of those deals where if your unhappy with the game then you need to change up the way you think about it and play it, cause the game aint gonna change back for you.    Either that or go someplace else "where the grass is always greener" (but never really is).

Good luck
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline COndor06

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.CondorAerial.com
Hitech Please
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2006, 02:08:07 PM »
Yeager, I guess my assessment of the guys at AH differs from yours. I think they do listen to us and I think they are still open minded enough to lend

an ear. Rather I stay or leave won't change this game ten cents worth but I think my opinion is as important as everyone else’s. No ONE person is

going to change anything here and I am pretty sure that my post isn't isolated in its views and if you ask Hitech I think you will find that some of

their decisions are made from customer response and not the silent minority. Isn't that the point of having an Aces High Discussion Forum? I

care enough about the game to give it my two cents worth. Just my opinion, doesn’t make me right, just involved.
Be careful what you shoot at. Most things
in here don't react too well to bullets.
Captain Marko Ramius:

http://www.CondorAerial.com

Offline volvo744

• Zinc Member
Hitech Please
« Reply #18 on: October 25, 2006, 03:02:24 PM »
My .02-
My entire squad likes the new options available. Never cared if I couldn't up a plane due to ENY, though the time I couldn't up an M16 was a bit much. I won't change countries just to even sides and get better planes. I don't stay bish to outnumber everyone, just stay that because that is what I came in as.
I like the new setup. It works, it shows an attempt at improved gameplay. I'm not too concerned about the pier pressure, because the boats are too limited anyway. ;) As to this:

Edit: As an add-on... those who are marching in lockstep on these changes and joining in on the chorus of flaming those who do voice a differing opinion are part of the problem here.

sounds like exactly what it is attempting to argue against.

Have fun, and if you can't, changes to this game are certainly not going to help.

Offline Raider179

• Gold Member
Hitech Please
« Reply #19 on: October 25, 2006, 03:17:21 PM »
Gotta say  I still don't like the changes. There are just not enough players on to give the diversity that the old MA used to offer. To me it's that simple.

I really liked the huge bomber missions, never see those anymore.

I have tried to just fly Air to Air, flying the Zero in LW, it's fun for awhile, but without purpose, it gets old after a bit...

Splitting the LW arena is just messed up. 30-40 guys on a side = no fun as far as I am concerned. Of course I am not a "pure furballer" and enjoy doing it all. GVs, bombers, gunning, etc.

I still don't understand why we don't have  1 arena where all planes are available with no cap. Let us the players choose how/where we fly. HTC forcing these lower cap arena's onto us is destroying the game for a lot of people for a lot of different reasons. I just flew 1 sortie and logged out. Boring as hell in the off hours...

Offline stephen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Hitech Please
« Reply #20 on: October 25, 2006, 04:13:40 PM »
elif ive played for 6 years, had to get a new pc after the fire...your not hurting my feelings, but you ARE casting seriouse doubts on your IQ...

PS heres a hint for the future, try not going around making remarks about people you dont know.:aok

actualy now that you mention it elif ive noticed that most new players are for the new changes...geez....im a newb? 6 yrs is a newb? ok bud see you around in the sky if we can ever get on the same arena...............
Spell checker is for Morrons

Offline MrSlim

• Copper Member
Hitech Please
« Reply #21 on: October 25, 2006, 04:20:45 PM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
Ohh you might want to be aware also that Gangbanging, HO's, are not looked upon very nicely in the early/mid war arenas. Just an FYI.

:rofl

that's a good one.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Hitech Please
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2006, 04:46:06 PM »
I put up a short squad motd on squadnight and we all manage to find each other without a problem.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Hitech Please
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2006, 04:56:43 PM »
Originally posted by NoBaddy
Nope, I'm havin more fun than in years.

"Hear, hear!" here NB.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Hitech Please
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2006, 05:20:51 PM »
I admit ive only played 10 months on this game,

but in that short time ive bonded with my squaddies,
nd got a feel for all the regulars in my country,
and now i dont really look forward to logging on,
theres no real umph to the game anymore, its just jack jones dog fighting with the clouds most of the time,
i can see why people like the new system, its diverse, its new.
the novelty of fighting in group of 1 against 1 will wear off, like axis vs allies did, nd DA. why not just have one late war arena with 600 cap, so if people wanna fight in large wars they can, and people who like EWA and MWA can fly in MWA or EWA. surely thats the middle road option?>

the game is stagnant!!!!!!!!!!

just my 2 cents
:aok :furious :D

hulse2

Offline JimJones

• Zinc Member
Hitech Please
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2006, 05:53:04 PM »
Here's a hot tip.

Send out an email to all your squad mates.

We will fly for the next week in the Mid War Arena.

Poof, problem solved,  everyones in one arena, no problem getting in, and a good mix of planes to choose from.  Just be prepared to switch country's to help balance sides.

Ohh you might want to be aware also that Gangbanging, HO's, are not looked upon very nicely in the early/mid war arenas. Just an FYI.

If 32 squaddies show up in the MW arena, the country numbers will be immediately unbalanced, and it will start another sad thread :lol

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Hitech Please
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2006, 05:56:16 PM »
Everyone who starts a thread complaining about the arena changes , is exactly who they need to get rid of.

let's call it WEEDing out the NON-hackers.

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
Hitech Please
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2006, 05:57:43 PM »
Here's a hot tip.

Send out an email to all your squad mates.

We will fly for the next week in the Mid War Arena.

Poof, problem solved,  everyones in one arena, no problem getting in, and a good mix of planes to choose from.  Just be prepared to switch country's to help balance sides.

No need to swap sides, no ENY in MW or EW for that matter.

But..I'll make a prediction -
As soon as HT has sucked (suckered) enough people into the EW and MW arenas ENY will return.

Not welcome or not, your gonna get them, get used to it.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2006, 05:59:46 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline JimJones

• Zinc Member
Hitech Please
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2006, 05:59:02 PM »
Yes and after we weed out the evil-doers and the disabled, and the etc... we will have a perfect society where everyone will get along, and the population count will be 1.

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Hitech Please
« Reply #29 on: October 25, 2006, 06:21:49 PM »
choice is good-more choice is "gooder"

wanna know whats wrong with the "old MA"?

one symptom of its "sickness" is apparent if you take a gander at the text buffer in the LW arenas .. it reads like the graffitti on a bathroom wall on the bad side of town.

some folks just don't wan't to be part of a "community" that has a maturity level equal to that of a 10 year old child.