Author Topic: Squad, Arena  (Read 1308 times)

Offline Mojava

• Nickel Member
Squad, Arena
« on: October 28, 2006, 07:34:50 PM »
With all due respect , it's a  hassle to get all our squad members into the same server.  Please consider increasing the lw room cap. Flying with my squad is what keeps the game fun to me , having to spend time trying to get everyone together  deters from that.  Thank you ,

Offline daddog

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Squad, Arena
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2006, 07:38:51 PM »
You have the new dot command and you can all communicate on your squad channel where you want to go. Last night our squad was scheduled to fly in the late war, but everyone wanted mid war so we went mid war and hand fun.

What is so hard about that?
Noses in the wind since 1997
332nd Flying Mongrels
daddog
Knowing for Sure

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Squad, Arena
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2006, 11:41:26 PM »
It doesnt work that way most of the time you get into one arena with a few squaddies and then some get pushed into the second arena. Tonight vox dropped out on half our squad and when we relogged to fix the problem we got pushed into the second arena. It ruined what was a great time.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Squad, Arena
« Reply #3 on: October 29, 2006, 12:40:39 AM »
Originally posted by Chalenge
It doesnt work that way most of the time you get into one arena with a few squaddies and then some get pushed into the second arena. Tonight vox dropped out on half our squad and when we relogged to fix the problem we got pushed into the second arena. It ruined what was a great time.

Unfortunately some of the others here just don't get it sir... When you fly with a squadron with higher numbers and you do now want to fly in early furballers arena or mid furballers arena with your entire squad as I have done for 5 years here it takes all of the fun out of the game.

I believe the guys in grapevine think this is a good move, and for those not in a squad or those who only fly in "twos and fews" may like it as well and for them this setup is no problem.  For those of us who have been in the same Squadron for 8 years, we enjoy our one night of mayhem each week.

We have been discussing a mass move to another game but we would like to see if this situation rights itself... Like the "New Coke" debacle several years ago.  I may have some gripes with the things that happen here from time to time but as an application developer myself, I do appreciate the effort that has been put into this game.  However for all of its' apparent plusses it is worthless to me and my squaddies if we cannot work as a team in a populated arena with fellow country squadrons to "win the war"

Our Squadron is made up of 32 people aged 25 to 60+ (we have a few 60+ actually) I am about the average age in the squadron (42). We work, we have families to spend time with and we all make time to play together one night a week.  We like BSing with each other while we bring pain to our enemies, then take their real estate!  I could (and do) play other games but my squadron is the only thing that keeps me here paying to play this one.

It is rather comical to be called a 'griefer' or to be told that complaints are pointless.  When you are a customer, particularly one who has been here 5 years you have a right to complain when you do not like something.  I am doing so in writing before I complain with my wallet.  My $15/month in and of itself is nothing but if my squad moves that is another matter.  I have been with my Squad in 3 games, we have seen 'em come and go but we have remained a close knit group.

To HTC Crew:  I may have my complaints now and then but I have always heard that the squeaky wheel gets the oil.  I dont complain just because I don't have anything better to do at the time.  I am going to wait a little while before making a move because this is one area that I dont believe was thought through enough before it was enacted.  No, that was not an underhanded insult but I believe this was done to appease the furballer clique.  Perhaps some action was necessary, I would have preferred the EW and MW being added for the furballers who own them now, an additional 'tank town' arena for GVers who hate having TT captured or bombed.  I truly believe that the large scale MA was this games strongest asset.  I personally loved the variety and scale of missions that the larger MA allowed.  The main thing with me though is my squad, we are all great friends and we also enjoyed ops with other squads in our country and the (usually friendly) rivalries with enemy squadrons.

Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline FBplmmr

• Silver Member
Squad, Arena
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2006, 07:03:00 AM »
It's like dejavue all over again:rolleyes:

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
Squad, Arena
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2006, 07:13:11 AM »
Originally posted by Chalenge

Nonsense.

Since the floating cap was instituted, every time I've looked one of the LW arenas has plenty of room under the cap.

So...with your scenario...when the reloggers found themselves bumped into arena #2, there had to be plenty of room in there. So if you guys wanted to fly together in LW, the answer was simple -- the guys in the full arena just move to the second one, and...mission accomplished!

Thats THE WHOLE POINT of how HT set up the cap calculation.

Honestly, guys, if some of you feel like you're being disregarded its because some of you are showing a remarkable degree of rigidity. The solutions are easy to achieve, but some folks would rather rant than make minor adjustments to their previous behavior.
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Squad, Arena
« Reply #6 on: October 29, 2006, 07:47:16 AM »
Originally posted by Simaril
Nonsense.

Since the floating cap was instituted, every time I've looked one of the LW arenas has plenty of room under the cap.

So...with your scenario...when the reloggers found themselves bumped into arena #2, there had to be plenty of room in there. So if you guys wanted to fly together in LW, the answer was simple -- the guys in the full arena just move to the second one, and...mission accomplished!

Thats THE WHOLE POINT of how HT set up the cap calculation.

Honestly, guys, if some of you feel like you're being disregarded its because some of you are showing a remarkable degree of rigidity. The solutions are easy to achieve, but some folks would rather rant than make minor adjustments to their previous behavior.

Ahhhh welll Sim I know the answer to this one..... Ya see, when they were in LW1 they held a 4-1 advantage in numbers! When they got kicked into the LW2 arena they were the underdogs with the numbers AGAINST them. So you see, they can't fight there way out of a paper bag so they can't have any fun. Its just simple numbers !

These guys go on and on crying because they can't fly with there squad, which is the MOST important thing, then they won't switch to a different arena to do it! I can't wait till all 8-10 of these clowns finally stop saying they are leaving, and DO !

Offline Mojava

• Nickel Member
Squad, Arena
« Reply #7 on: October 29, 2006, 08:27:12 AM »
We went from having everyone in the same room , to coordinating all the squadmates to get into the same room . Fellas invest a few hours into a map and they don't want to leave , or they have very little time on there hands due to real life constraints.

I'm a big fan of the game , and have no intentions on leaving , and I'm not opposed to change. I would just like to jump on the server , have my squadmates there and fly for a short bit , like we did before the change.

I also realize some of you fellas get your point across by using insults. I have no intentions of getting upset at a game , or calling names or degrading someone for there opinion .

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
Squad, Arena
« Reply #8 on: October 29, 2006, 09:01:18 AM »
No, that was not an underhanded insult but I believe this was done to appease the furballer clique.

What HT and Pyro posted would prove you wrong.

I truly believe that the large scale MA was this games strongest asset.

Again, what HT and Pyro posted as to the reasons for the change ... would also prove you wrong.

HT and Pyro have looked at the numbers, which none of us have access to, which lead them to the decisions that they have made, along with what they know their future (Ace High) to be ... they know what they are doing in this genre and why some of us believe that they don't is beyond my comprehension.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Squad, Arena
« Reply #9 on: October 29, 2006, 10:16:48 AM »
Slapshot: I am afraid we will just have to agree to disagree, Sir!
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Squad, Arena
« Reply #10 on: October 29, 2006, 10:25:51 AM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
Ahhhh welll Sim I know the answer to this one..... Ya see, when they were in LW1 they held a 4-1 advantage in numbers! When they got kicked into the LW2 arena they were the underdogs with the numbers AGAINST them. So you see, they can't fight there way out of a paper bag so they can't have any fun. Its just simple numbers !

These guys go on and on crying because they can't fly with there squad, which is the MOST important thing, then they won't switch to a different arena to do it! I can't wait till all 8-10 of these clowns finally stop saying they are leaving, and DO !

Point 1: To say we cannot fight our way out of a paper bag is CRAZY, some of us have been playing these flight games over 10 years.  Our squad motto has been "In unity there is strength" for 8 years now.  Individually, we are alright... together, we are a force to be reckoned with.

Point 2:  We do NOT want to fly in an empty or near empty arena, that sir, is DULL.  We have real-life time constraints that take priority and when we want to get together to play the game we would like for it to be in a well-populated arena (because we DO like opposition).  As for the last half, I am TRYING to avoid leaving but that is always an option for the 32 of us in the squad, not just one or 2 of us.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Squad, Arena
« Reply #11 on: October 29, 2006, 07:09:01 PM »
Originally posted by Mr No Name
Point 1: To say we cannot fight our way out of a paper bag is CRAZY, some of us have been playing these flight games over 10 years.  Our squad motto has been "In unity there is strength" for 8 years now.  Individually, we are alright... together, we are a force to be reckoned with.

Point 2:  We do NOT want to fly in an empty or near empty arena, that sir, is DULL.  We have real-life time constraints that take priority and when we want to get together to play the game we would like for it to be in a well-populated arena (because we DO like opposition).  As for the last half, I am TRYING to avoid leaving but that is always an option for the 32 of us in the squad, not just one or 2 of us.

just seems to me that you have a small choice, don't fly with your squad, or move to a different arena and fly with your squad. Doesn't seem all that tuff to me.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Squad, Arena
« Reply #12 on: October 29, 2006, 07:42:02 PM »
well, there could be other choices sir, let's see what the next couple of weeks bring.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
Squad, Arena
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2006, 09:26:51 PM »
I thought I posted in this thread already saying you can create an arena for up to 8 people in H2H. Must have been a different thread... hard to tell them apart these days.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Squad, Arena
« Reply #14 on: October 30, 2006, 09:14:13 AM »
ya know.. I sure hear a lot of this "in unity there is strength" and how the big squads don't really milkrun and how they are really just getting on for a few hours and how on the other hand... they do like to have numbers and well...  all these conflicting stories..

When the reality is.... all of us know.... the whordes don't seek each other out... they suicide the radar and then sneak into a field with overwhelming numbers... they do everything they can to avoid running into another whorde and call...

4 to one odds good strat...  they alterntely deny and defend the way they play... the strat guys seem positively schitzo to me.

On the one hand they are the readers and of sun.. and "strike where the enemy is weakest" and on the other... they deny milkrunning... laughable...  we all see what they do and did to the old MA..   No one seen great epic battles of whordes clashing....

The only real good fights the furballers made and the people who griefed em were the followers of the whorde strat and some easy mode fluffer griefers.

yeah.. the strat guys want a fight... we have seen their idea of a fight...  a dozen of more guys runway diving on newbies trying to up from a deacked field.  That is their idea of a fight.  

The early war arena I have been playing...  Well...  most of my deaths are in the air now instead of the old MA where....if you wanted any fight at all... you were probly gonna have 75% of your deaths either landing or taking off.  

Hell... Out of habit from these heros arena rule....I don't even use my gear anymore... takes too long to land.. you will have 3 lalas and a 16 or two on you before you can shut off the engine in the old MA.

And... I am not ashamed of my handle of my squad mr no name of the... whatevers.  and... most of our guys been on for more than 5 years and we were sick of it.

lazs
Public Relations Officer for the BK's