Author Topic: What sayeth the masses?  (Read 2673 times)

Offline porkfrog

• Nickel Member
What sayeth the masses?
« on: November 01, 2006, 05:03:10 PM »
All- I was just going to let this fall to the wayside, but unfortuanetly it's eating me up and was hoping to get some outside perspective.

I was in one of the late war arenas last night, flying a Spit8.  We, the Knights, were attempting to take a Bish field. We had the numbers on them and achieved a cap fairly quickly. The FH were still up but no Bish chose to up under the CAP. I noticed the DAR in the Sector NE of us was showing uppers, so I proceeded to climb to the NE to intercept any fitrs that were inbound. I reached about 22k and was halfway between the 2 bish bases when I see 2 cons, both slightly lower than me, with about 6k of range between them. As the first fitr comes into icon range, angling directly toward me, it's a TYPH. As we merge I see that it's a TEMP. The second con is now within icon range and shows YAK. I oil the TEMP just before the YAK is within 1k. The TEMP makes like he is going to disengage/run and I opt to break for the YAK, but before I can commit, the TEMP doubles back. I'm afraid to take my eyes of the TEMP even though he is smoking because them guns are no joke on that thing. The 3 of us tangle for a couple mins and I get the TEMPs radiator and a fuel tank. He's smoked, steamed, and leaking. The YAK finally gets a solution on me and I go down. 2 secs later I get flamed gloriously on 200 for being an altmonkey SpitDWEEB NOOOOOOB for being at 20k in a Spit when the odds are so much in my favor. I'm thinking, wait, I climbed to 20k plus to intercept, was no where near any Knights, and engaged a TEMP and a YAK in a 2v1. Why am I a dweeb? The 2 proceeded to chastise me and name call until I finally did the same. Which was wrong. However,  I guess I didnt get the memo on appropriate rules of engagement, or what was and what was not considered fair. I'm sure that had the situation been reversed, these 2 fine gentlemen would have let me return safely to my base and not have engaged me. So...

Would someone please enlighten me as to what planes I am allowed to fly, at what altitude I'm allowed to cruise at, and any other obvious rules of engagement that I am apparently supposed to be aware of.

Many thanks and <>!!!!

JoLLY
"AltmonkeySpitDWEEBNOOB" of Pigs On The Wing.
-JoLLY
Pigs On The Wing

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2006, 05:06:43 PM »
I would have told them they're lucky you weren't at 30K with AK-AK as a wingy:D
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2006, 05:07:44 PM »
Altitude = Options = Life
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2006, 05:09:49 PM »
Just laugh it off. They were pissed because you spoiled their run and TEMP dweeb had to try and RTB before his plane came apart around him and he lost his perks.

Sounds like you did just fine:aok
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2006, 05:11:45 PM »
Fly about 5K or lower in a 38G.  No one grumbles at ya then :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2006, 05:16:27 PM »
Originally posted by SuperDud
I would have told them they're lucky you weren't at 30K with AK-AK as a wingy:D

Wingman?  I have no wingman...just bait.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Brooke

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.electraforge.com/brooke/
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2006, 05:19:40 PM »
When you are fighting 1:2 vs. a Tempest and a Yak, it is clear you should be in a P-40B at least 10k underneath the two enemies.  To do otherwise is taking advantage and invites -- nay, demands -- chastizement on channel 200 (which should include references to your fairness, your ancestry, your choice in clothing, and in most cases your body odor).  That's just to be fair.  A true sportsman would also fly with his gear down in the P-40B just to make sure he isn't crossing the line.

Seriously, my philosophy is that people should fly however they like and take advantage of whatever their circumstances are to shoot down the opponent.  Any complaints like the ones you refer to are rediculous.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2006, 05:23:23 PM »
Originally posted by porkfrog
All- I was just going to let this fall to the wayside, but unfortuanetly it's eating me up and was hoping to get some outside perspective.

I was in one of the late war arenas last night, flying a Spit8.  We, the Knights, were attempting to take a Bish field. We had the numbers on them and achieved a cap fairly quickly. The FH were still up but no Bish chose to up under the CAP. I noticed the DAR in the Sector NE of us was showing uppers, so I proceeded to climb to the NE to intercept any fitrs that were inbound. I reached about 22k and was halfway between the 2 bish bases when I see 2 cons, both slightly lower than me, with about 6k of range between them. As the first fitr comes into icon range, angling directly toward me, it's a TYPH. As we merge I see that it's a TEMP. The second con is now within icon range and shows YAK. I oil the TEMP just before the YAK is within 1k. The TEMP makes like he is going to disengage/run and I opt to break for the YAK, but before I can commit, the TEMP doubles back. I'm afraid to take my eyes of the TEMP even though he is smoking because them guns are no joke on that thing. The 3 of us tangle for a couple mins and I get the TEMPs radiator and a fuel tank. He's smoked, steamed, and leaking. The YAK finally gets a solution on me and I go down. 2 secs later I get flamed gloriously on 200 for being an altmonkey SpitDWEEB NOOOOOOB for being at 20k in a Spit when the odds are so much in my favor. I'm thinking, wait, I climbed to 20k plus to intercept, was no where near any Knights, and engaged a TEMP and a YAK in a 2v1. Why am I a dweeb? The 2 proceeded to chastise me and name call until I finally did the same. Which was wrong. However,  I guess I didnt get the memo on appropriate rules of engagement, or what was and what was not considered fair. I'm sure that had the situation been reversed, these 2 fine gentlemen would have let me return safely to my base and not have engaged me. So...

Would someone please enlighten me as to what planes I am allowed to fly, at what altitude I'm allowed to cruise at, and any other obvious rules of engagement that I am apparently supposed to be aware of.

Many thanks and <>!!!!

JoLLY
"AltmonkeySpitDWEEBNOOB" of Pigs On The Wing.

The fact that it took 2 of them to beat you, it's not you that's the dweeb.  

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Sundowner

• Silver Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2006, 05:27:25 PM »
Cable internet :$39.00

Aces High Account : $14.99

Hearing you whine after I shoot you down : Priceless

Some things money just can't  buy.:D

Regards,
Sun
« Last Edit: November 01, 2006, 05:30:00 PM by Sundowner »
Freedom implies risk. Less freedom implies more risk.

Offline lambo31

• Nickel Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2006, 05:32:27 PM »
Brush it off Jolly. Sounds like you made some one sweat over their perks a little is all. as far as "Rules of Engagement" there are none unless your dueling some one and both of you have agreed upon what they are.

Lambo
Ingame ID: Lambo

Offline porkfrog

• Nickel Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #10 on: November 01, 2006, 05:43:14 PM »
I know, and I tried. I kept saying to myself "Be the better man and just keep your mouth shut." But I've never much been one for getting name called and being able to keep my cool. Especially when you feel you are being wronged. I lasted much longer than I would have when I was younger.

-JoLLY
-JoLLY
Pigs On The Wing

Offline macleod01

• Gold Member
      • http://www.71sqn.co.uk
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2006, 05:46:38 PM »
Originally posted by Sundowner
Cable internet :$39.00

Aces High Account : $14.99

Hearing you whine after I shoot you down : Priceless

Some things money just can't  buy.:D

Regards,
Sun

I think somebodies been watching a FEW TOO Many Mastercard adverts! :D
seeds have been laid...but they arent trees we're growing. we're growing organic grenades!- 321BAR
I'd have a better chance in running into a Dodo Bird in the middle of rush hour, walking down the I-5 with two hookers in tow before I see a useful post from glock89- Ack-Ack

Offline moneyguy

• Silver Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2006, 05:52:53 PM »
turn off ch200, works for me  :aok

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #13 on: November 01, 2006, 06:03:49 PM »
i have ch200 turned off, life is good.:D
44MAG

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #14 on: November 01, 2006, 06:29:56 PM »
Originally posted by Hornet33
Just laugh it off. They were pissed because you spoiled their run and TEMP dweeb had to try and RTB before his plane came apart around him and he lost his perks.

Sounds like you did just fine:aok

Like Horny said...   Sounds like you did just fine:aok