Author Topic: What sayeth the masses?  (Read 2672 times)

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
Re: What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #45 on: November 02, 2006, 09:34:51 AM »
Originally posted by porkfrog
Why am I a dweeb?

Because you cost the Temp driver perks.

Here's your new rules of engagement.

Situation A:

If Ack is up, you are to takeoff, lift to 200 feet, go to half-throttle, and click on autopilot. Do not leave your seat, at all. When shot down, immediately re-up and repeat.

Situation B:

If Ack is down, you are to click the button to get on the runway. Turn off your engine. Wait patiently. When vulched, click on the runway button again.

This is the most important... when somebody collides with you or pancakes while you're doing this... you must immediately apoligize on 200 for forcing them to ram you (or the ground).

This is the only way you can make it fair for your opposition.

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #46 on: November 02, 2006, 09:37:38 AM »
Originally posted by Atoon
Many classic examples of why the game is so crappy today. SOOOooooo many of you see nothing wrong with having 10 to 1 odds in a sector, being a multi year Vet & flying a 20k Spit. NO WONDER its so much easier to find a horde than a battle these days.

If the same situation happens again, I'll tell whoever the 20k spit Vet is, how much I think they suck for being That High in That plane with Those Numbers.  How much advantage do you need/want?  Maybe youd enjoy offline play then?:D

How many other conns were around during this fight?? I seem to recal in one of your other posts that he was "at least 15 miles" from the horde. Face it, even though he ended up getting shot down he still pwned you guys and your still mad about it.

By the way what were you doing all the way up there you alt monkey?:rofl
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #47 on: November 02, 2006, 10:14:47 AM »
Hornet- I stated at least 3 times now what I was doing up there- read a lil & answer your own question-

Indy- I dint read anywhere in this thread that the temp lost any perks, heres why- HE DIDNT!:aok

Its funny how so many have oppinions but seem to lack the reading comprehension to follow the subject matter.:confused:
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #48 on: November 02, 2006, 10:17:55 AM »
Originally posted by Hornet33
How many other conns were around during this fight?? I seem to recal in one of your other posts that he was "at least 15 miles" from the horde. Face it, even though he ended up getting shot down he still pwned you guys and your still mad about it.

By the way what were you doing all the way up there you alt monkey?:rofl

he died, and we both flew away- If that's your definition of "pwned" remind me to never be your wingman.:D
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2006, 10:25:29 AM »
I dont see whats wrong with anybody at high alt. Nomatter what ride your in. High alt, low alt, It always seems there is some thing to complain about.
If you dont like the scenario then why do you bother to up at all? I agree that the spit driver fought the good fight against the temp and yak. I just dont understand what's so wrong about the hoards. I think its quite fun to come in at high alt wit my p-47 and swoop into the mass and try to get some of them. So whats the problem with one of the hoard lookin to intercept? You shot him down didnt you?
325th Checkertails

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2006, 10:36:05 AM »
he died, and we both flew away- If that's your definition of "pwned" remind me to never be your wingman.:D

He obviously did a good enough job of an intercept to get you all rilled up about it that you felt the need to harras him on 200. He may have died but IHO by your actions afterwards he pwned you guys.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2006, 10:38:02 AM »
Originally posted by Hornet33
He obviously did a good enough job of an intercept to get you all rilled up about it that you felt the need to harras him on 200. He may have died but IHO by your actions afterwards he pwned you guys.

Very good point:aok
325th Checkertails

Offline indy007

• Gold Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #52 on: November 02, 2006, 10:38:51 AM »
Indy- I dint read anywhere in this thread that the temp lost any perks, heres why- HE DIDNT!:aok

Hooray for gliding home? Those temps are beasts. Landed 1 once where my only remaining control surface was a single elevator.

plus, I think you're all on crack for going to 20k to begin with :lol

5k & 300mph or bust!

Offline FBBone

• Nickel Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #53 on: November 02, 2006, 10:43:53 AM »
OMG!!!!1  JoLLy, yew r teh 2 w33k n00b!!!!!!!1!!!!

Atoon iz teh 1337!!!!!!1

JoLLy, just have a beer and forget it, you did well enough to make em cry even if it was you that got shot down (with more alt to start, against greater numbers, that you were trying to intercept, in EZ plane.......Wait, that sounds just like what Atoon was doing:noid )

Offline detch01

• Silver Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #54 on: November 02, 2006, 11:00:46 AM »
Jolly, my condolences on not getting the kill on the temp.
Atoon, well .... :rofl :aok . Thanks for the laugh - very entertaining. I'm thinking I'll spend a lot more time in the LW in a spit8 at 20k+ this camp :D

Cheers,
asw
asw
Latrine Attendant, 1st class
semper in excretio, solum profundum variat

Offline Mystic2

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theunforgivenweb.com
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #55 on: November 02, 2006, 11:08:08 AM »
I gotta agree, turn 200 off... of course there are those that if you ignore them on 200, they feel it necessary to send you a PM and fill you in on all of the details that you ignored on 200.... thats why those people get an auto squelch as soon as I log on... and FYI..... sounds like you did what anyone else woulda done..... alt = life.....
FSO Setup CM
~~~THE UNFORGIVEN~~~
"LIVE FREE, DIE WELL"

mystic2@ahevents.org

Offline smash

• Copper Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #56 on: November 02, 2006, 11:44:09 AM »
well... one things for sure... we see what kind of a 'full of yourself' twit it takes to do the juvenile 200 thing....
ASUS ROG RAMPAGE V EDITION 10
Intel Core i7-6850K Broadwell-E 6-Core 3.6 GHz
EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 SC GAMING ACX 3.0, 08G-P4-6183-KR, 8GB GDDR5X W/Oculus Rift
G.SKILL TridentZ Series 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600)
CPU and Vid are water cooled

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #57 on: November 02, 2006, 11:47:04 AM »
Originally posted by Mr No Name
Altitude = Options = Life

Altitude= one free pass before running! :-)

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline porkfrog

• Nickel Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #58 on: November 02, 2006, 11:49:53 AM »
oh, one last thing...

i'm not a "multi year vet", i've only been playing 8 months.

-JoLLY aka AltmunkeySpitDWEEBNOOB
Pigs On The Wing

P.S. I know that TEMP lost some perks cause ditching costs ya =)
-JoLLY
Pigs On The Wing

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #59 on: November 02, 2006, 11:56:43 AM »
Ren, perhaps you should take the time to actually read what has been written before you jump on the jolly ole bandwagon-

1) he attacked the temp, I helped a countrymen as I do no matter which side im flyin for.

2) I never took even a ping, I killed him quickly. He just thought with all his alt he could slash the temp & then worry about me.

3) We were that high because we were facing 10 to 1 odds, so naturally when I found 1 of the 20 to be even higher than us, and in a spit, I was a bit miffed. Had it been some newbie, I prolly wouldnt have said anything. But it wasnt a newbie in a 20k spit with 10 to 1 odds, it was a multi year vet. To me- he is the problem, I simply provided him with a solution, & some knowledge.

I did read it. I know you weren't the tempie. The issue is you wanted to get above the odds. You found a high spit. A fight ensued. The tempie got pinged up even though both of you could have easily driven away. The fact that some guy was in a spitfire and was co or above makes you miffed? What difference does it make? Who cares what plane he is in? You say he is the problem. For having some fun?

You taught him a lesson? No, you got into a fight and won, 2v1 . That's it! He has to take off again. You continue on with your sortie. The tempie went and landed or died.  Wake up! It's a game! That is what happens in the dogfight flight simulation game. The plane is available for anyone to use a guy who is flying on his first day or someone who's been around for 10 years. The altitude he flies at is limited by his own choice and the planes ceiling. What difference does it make? You guys are so worried about how high someone is above or what plane he's in that your forgetting to have fun.

The most amazing thing I got out of this is the childish attitude displayed. It's kinda like the boy that got a wonderful cake for his birthday but it's just not good enough. He wants another one only different and he's he gonna whine about it until his folks get it.

Here's an example of playing the game....

There's I was over Mucho Gusto, err, A27 or where ever. Im heavy in a Pony with DT's and 75% gas cause I plan to stay up awhile. The ride to the enemy field took a while so I went AFK and grab'd a beer. I got back upstairs and found I was at 13k so I leveled off and let my old honey accelerate to cruise speed. I see a dot a lil lower and figure I'll go have a looksee. As I close to icon range I see its a 163 in level flight around 1k below me. I immediately drop the extra tanks but know I'm heavy and he's already up with me.  The lil 163 has a beautiful vertical and is turning nicely with me. He almost gets a shot off and I begin a straight down rolling scissors with him. We're slow and nearing the deck. I note the distance to their field is  still only approx 2 miles away and we're lower, in a valley of sorts. I also note there are 4 other planes much higher. A D9, Nik and another pony and a spit.  Our rolling scissors ends up in a draw with both of us popping out tail to tail. He's pointed in the direction of his field and I'm pointed in the general direction of home plate and slow. I keep and eye on him as he appears to want no more fight and notice both the D9 and the NIK are coming for me. I slowly pick up some speed as they continue to close. Another countryman shows up overhead and I ask if he minds forcing a break on the D9 as he was the real threat at the time. He acknowledges and calls in. The D9 breaks. I extend a bit to drag the Nik out alone and then reverse back into him. We merge and both go nose up trying to pull inside. We began on the deck both with enough speed when we went up. Halfway through the vertical fight I see the D9 is in on me and I'm forced to break hard as I take some pings. No damage but I pulled so hard and I'm pretty much still carrying 70% FOB that I snapped her. I began recovery but was too low and died a horrible death.  Ouch!  Did I whine about some guy flying a 163? Nope I did the best I could with what I had to work with. Did I whine when I got jumped after being forced down to stay alive? Nope. Did I whine when I got jumped by the higher guys. Nope. Did I whine because the D9 had the presence of mind to continue an attack on me even while he had my countryman with him? Nope. Did I whine when I snapped and didn't recover? Nope. I think the N1K got a prox kill. LOL. As I took off again I grinned and said to myself, "Damn, that was kinda fun!"

Do you see the basic difference in mindset? I came to have fun. If I get shot down then such is life in the virtual world of AH2. I was alone going to an enemy field knowing the odds could be anything. Didn't you take off and head to 20-1 odds? or even 20-2 odds (10-1 as you mentioned)? If so, what do you have to complain about?

Edited to mention I never said a word to any of those guys I fought with. We were all up there to have fun. No one had to chat up the fight when it ended. Lifes to short for that stuff and I only have X amount of time to enjoy the arena. I'll never spend it complaining about some fight. I will spend a lil grab'n anuther beer tho. :)

Ren
The Damned
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 12:00:58 PM by DamnedRen »