Author Topic: What sayeth the masses?  (Read 2675 times)

Online Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #60 on: November 02, 2006, 12:02:15 PM »
Originally posted by Big Mickey
How the heck are ya supposed to keep the martini cold at less than 20K??  

:rofl
We had special cooling devices installed to keep the frozen Margaritas cold in the blenders
:aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Flayed1

• Silver Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #61 on: November 02, 2006, 12:04:41 PM »
Iwould personally tune 200 off but so many times if I had a good fight or something it's nice to hit a key and make a remark about it more than the .S command can provide...  I would just tune to them but having to type in the name hoping to get the spelling right and then having to type the message on top of it takes to long espetially if you only have a min to type befor the next engagement...

Hmm maybe some form of auto tune channel?  If you do a .s (name)  you could have one channel set to auto that would aoutomaticly tune to the person you just saluted?  Then if you wanted to send a message you could by hitting the corrasponding key.  

Or one that would tune to the guy you last shot down/shot you down...  The system already tells you who it was that died/did the killing.  then you would have no need to keep 200 tuned for easy quick communication through out the arena.

I think I like this last idea best. :)
From the ashes of the old we rise to fly again. Behold The Phoenix Wing!

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #62 on: November 02, 2006, 12:13:40 PM »
People make derisive comments to other people after a cartoon engagement for one reason alone- to piss the other guy off. Just ignore those types, and have fun being a pathetic, alt monkey, no talent clown in a spit. ;)
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #63 on: November 02, 2006, 12:38:17 PM »
Originally posted by Atoon
I was the Yak that shot him, he was with the horde when he left the hangar in a spit, & he was with the horde when he climbed to 20k. He did venture away from his 20 buddies to look for the 1-2 cons comin in from next base, but he dint venture very far from them. Maybe 15 miles at MOST. He claims to have fought us for a couple minutes, but it must have seemed longer for him, cause I killed him in 4 turns. Had it actually been a couple minutes, im sure his horde would have come to his rescue.

Aside from being AFK, I cant think of any reason for a multi year seasoned Vet to be in a spit at 20k when he has 10 to 1 odds in his favor in the sector. :aok  If you can- it must SUCK to be you.

Ahhh...the hypocrisy is strong in this dweeb....

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #64 on: November 02, 2006, 12:49:06 PM »
LOL.  15 miles is quite a long way away when you're in a tight dogfight.  

The hypocrisy is strong, indeed.

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #65 on: November 02, 2006, 01:17:28 PM »
you tell a good story REN. G ives me an idea for a post:D
325th Checkertails

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #66 on: November 02, 2006, 01:38:57 PM »
Oh Gawd I hate to quote myself but I have to say it again:

Originally posted by mussie
Sorry toon but this is a game and I cant think of any reason for an adult to start throwing verbal insults at another player cause their little cartoon aeroplane got some little cartoon bullets through it...

If you can.....

AND

You said: The whorde was 15 Miles away...  Thats more than half a sector...  he was NOT with the whorde as you have stated  if he was 15 miles away from them.....

You and the other guy were in a Yak (one of the most manuverable planes in the game) and a temp (the fastest prop plane in the game) and if what I have read is correct he was in a Spit 8 it was not even a spit 16 nuff said on that...

SO... there was no potatod, You out numbered him, You were in planes that are as or more Uber than a Spit 8 and he shot one of you down. You then think that he deserves verbal abuse on 200....

And ontop of that unless I am mistaken he writes a post that does not contain any insults or BS and you reply with yet another insult....

And somehow you think he is a dweeb.....
:huh

This is a game DEAL WITH IT or go play MLP online...
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 02:59:54 PM by mussie »

Offline workerbee

• Zinc Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #67 on: November 02, 2006, 03:07:11 PM »
pretty clear- the majority of people posting in this thread see nothing wrong with lifting a spit 22k with a massive numbers advantage. Cant say im surprised, seems to be the mindset of most players in the game as well.

Offline FBBone

• Nickel Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #68 on: November 02, 2006, 03:21:55 PM »
Originally posted by workerbee
pretty clear- the majority of people posting in this thread see nothing wrong with lifting a spit 22k with a massive numbers advantage. Cant say im surprised, seems to be the mindset of most players in the game as well.

So, whats is your in game name?  I'm sure all you fly is early era planes, and on the deck no less.:rolleyes:

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #69 on: November 02, 2006, 03:41:00 PM »

Lifting a Spit to 22K and taking on a Tempest and Yak with the closest friendly being 15 miles away ... It might just be me ... but I see nothing wrong with that.

He was twice the distance of visually seeing a viable dot in the sky and also twice the distance from range vox so no one to call for help ... hardly a case of "flying with the horde".
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2006, 03:43:37 PM »
Originally posted by Kuhn
you tell a good story REN. G ives me an idea for a post:D

Ohoh,  you weren't the guy in the 163? I hope you made it home. :) You didn't catch any fire from me. I never got my nose around.

The point I was trying to make is get up and fight. If you lose the fight ok you lost. Get up and try again. You feel better than if you cry foul because someone else was doing exactly the same thing you would have done (you being ya'll:)). In fact, reading the response, that's exactly what they were trying to do. Opps, got caught and won. Then whine? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ren
The Damned

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2006, 04:34:43 PM »
workerbee 4 posts registered october 2006
WHAT

THE

PUCK

DO

YOU

KNOW

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2006, 05:25:32 PM »

pretty clear that you are unable to comprehend anything that is written.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline workerbee

• Zinc Member
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2006, 05:48:44 PM »
yuk-yuk, I dont give a rats anus what you think about anything, now back to your perch!

Offline Kuhn

• Silver Member
      • Canvasman
What sayeth the masses?
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2006, 09:50:43 PM »
Originally posted by DamnedRen
Ohoh,  you weren't the guy in the 163? I hope you made it home. :) You didn't catch any fire from me. I never got my nose around.

The point I was trying to make is get up and fight. If you lose the fight ok you lost. Get up and try again. You feel better than if you cry foul because someone else was doing exactly the same thing you would have done (you being ya'll:)). In fact, reading the response, that's exactly what they were trying to do. Opps, got caught and won. Then whine? MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Ren
The Damned

Dont worry Ren. I just liked the way you told about the fight and I made a new post with a memorable one of my own.
325th Checkertails