Author Topic: An end to the HO whine  (Read 669 times)

Offline TalonX

• Silver Member
An end to the HO whine
« on: December 09, 2006, 12:39:07 PM »
If you aren't watching FIGHTERS on History Channel on Friday nights (10 ET),  you are missing out.  It's well worth watching, or recording.  Awesome stuff and informative.

Interestingly enough, I have seen two separate shows, in different eras, where the head on was a TACTICAL move.  On a recent show, it was a tactic used by the F4F pilots against the Zero.  Although the zero had cannon, the 6 fifties chewed it up for the obvious reason of lack of armament.  The F4F could take the HO exchange and win.  (This may not be the case in AH).

In any event, the endless crying about the HO needs to stop....the next step will be, "You DWEEB!  You did a rolling scissors!  Man, get a life!"

:lol

-TalonX

Forgotten, but back in the game.  :)

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
An end to the HO whine
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2006, 12:45:10 PM »
L0L I thought I was the only person that advertises that show in the MA...i watched it last night with a big *** sandwich, my favourite chair, and while i was AFK hearing Rooks Bombing my base
:D

ITs good stuff....

As for the Whining...i dont care much about it, it gets comical after a while...:lol   I Ho whenever I have a shot, unless im in the DA...
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
An end to the HO whine
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2006, 01:06:27 PM »
I HO too but I must say that the americans did it because their aircraft was outclassed in everything but armorment. In europe where a/c were on more equal terms the HO was a lot rarer. But yeah, I luv to HO too, fun to hear people cry!
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline FTDEEP

• Copper Member
DOG FIGHTS
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2006, 01:14:04 PM »
I think the show has effected the game.

Offline parin

• Copper Member
An end to the HO whine
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2006, 01:14:27 PM »
The F6F episode was very disapointing to me! Not ONE ho!!!! I did laugh really hard when the zeke's rope didn't work. I can hear the Japanese pilots now F*&# american Neewbs flying over modeled F6F-3s.:p
Wgr 21 works great!

Quick Jam from SkyRock...

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
An end to the HO whine
« Reply #5 on: December 09, 2006, 01:48:29 PM »
What I've found funny is the lame way some people have mentioned this show.   They'll spew what little information they learn and promptly come into the Arenas and preach "said info".    Whereas, they could have already known the "said info" had they opened a book.  

Keep the gangbang going.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
An end to the HO whine
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2006, 02:25:40 PM »
Originally posted by parin
The F6F episode was very disapointing to me! Not ONE ho!!!! I did laugh really hard when the zeke's rope didn't work. I can hear the Japanese pilots now F*&# american Neewbs flying over modeled F6F-3s.:p

L0L i said a big "AHHHAAAAAAA!!!!"
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
An end to the HO whine
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2006, 02:33:24 PM »
« Last Edit: December 09, 2006, 02:38:09 PM by Kermit de frog »
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline soupcan

• Copper Member
An end to the HO whine
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2006, 02:46:21 PM »
there will always be those who feel they must chatter on 200 each and every
time they get shot down.
my personal favorite is something along these lines:
   " you suck you unskilled talentless dweeb".
to me its seem like they are admitting on 200 that they are even
less skilled than a "talentless unskilled dweeb".             :rofl

as far as the ho goes i'm pretty much sick of hearing about it. for the most part i can avoid the ho if i am so inclined and i'm a "talentless unskilled dweeb".
Addicted since tour 62.
news in game.
http://www.415thsquad.com/

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
An end to the HO whine
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2006, 03:04:05 PM »
Originally posted by soupcan
there will always be those who feel they must chatter on 200 each and every
time they get shot down.
my personal favorite is something along these lines:
   " you suck you unskilled talentless dweeb".
to me its seem like they are admitting on 200 that they are even
less skilled than a "talentless unskilled dweeb".             :rofl

as far as the ho goes i'm pretty much sick of hearing about it. for the most part i can avoid the ho if i am so inclined and i'm a "talentless unskilled dweeb".

I've often thought the same thing.  If they kept their mouths shut and fingers off the keyboard, nobody would even know they'd gotten killed.  Seems like some people feel the need to post a public excuse every time they die.  Maybe it's some type of psychological coping mechanism . . . .

Offline iaqmya

• Copper Member
An end to the HO whine
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2006, 03:15:11 PM »
Got my DVR set to record all new issues :)  Great program.

Amazing how many HO's I've seen in the few programs I have watched :)

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
An end to the HO whine
« Reply #11 on: December 09, 2006, 03:15:46 PM »
I was in the Blue arena one night and HO'd a FW190A4.  They guy tuned to me on vox and barraged me with obsenities.  Then he kept PMing me on text until I finally had to report the dweeb.  I hadn't actually been aware of the HO debate before this.  I alway's HO'd given the option and won 8 out of 10 times.  Since then I've been more aware of it and have refrained somewhat.  I've given the enemy the benefit of the doubt but 8 out of 10 times they open up on me, guns blazing.  It's easy enough to avoid their HO shots so I still don't get the big fuss.  Last night I was in a Spit 16 and met another Spit coming straight at me.  Not sure if he would HO or not I fired a very very short burst as a warning to him.  Unfortunately, I hit his oil line and may have even given him a pilot wound.

I always thought that the best way to stay alive, and that the point of ariel combat was to eliminate as many of your enemys as possible, as quickly and efficiently as possible.  This includes, HO's, Cherry picking, vulching and whatever other tactic accomplished this goal.

That brings me to one last question.  When is a HO a HO?  Only on the merge?  What about once you've been engaged for a while and find yourself meeting head on?  What about when you're outnumbered and a HO presents itself in the furball?

I think I'll just go back to dispatching my threats as quickly and efficiently as I can and let them cry if they want.  Personally, I'd examine what I did wrong and try to correct it next time out.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline iaqmya

• Copper Member
An end to the HO whine
« Reply #12 on: December 09, 2006, 03:56:25 PM »
If you can shoot down a bad guy, shoot him down.  There is not honor in second place :)

Think someone else said that, but damnd if I know whom :)

Offline TequilaChaser

• AH Training Corps - Retired
  • Plutonium Member
      • The Damned - founded by Ptero in 1988
An end to the HO whine
« Reply #13 on: December 09, 2006, 04:30:39 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
What I've found funny is the lame way some people have mentioned this show.   They'll spew what little information they learn and promptly come into the Arenas and preach "said info".    Whereas, they could have already known the "said info" had they opened a book.  

Keep the gangbang going.

yep, and if they had researched the correct books, they would have found out that probably 99% of "said tv show info" is completely off or bass ackwards

and FTDEEP sums it up pretty much to the crosshair, it has affected the game play, in as much that since a tv show says/shows HO ( head on attacks/shots) was used as a tactic, so the greenhorns think that there is no harm/foul in doing same in game, and besides it takes no effort to exercise that index finger muscle to pull the trigger , you don't have to know SA, E management, BFM's, ACM manuevering practices, just know how to point and pull that index finger muscle, and then claim, "Hey I saw it on the history channel, so it is true!!!!"

but they do not realize that anyone can HO, but everyone can not exhibit the knowledge or practice of working angles via E management and using SA to gain a behind the 3-9 line guns solution, and this is what it was all about in the WW2 flight sim beginning.....er so I had witness of........

oops, then came the valley of the dweebs........can't leave that part out, that's where the split in opinions started ( jus  kiddn )

but go ahead, if ya kill me with a HO shot, I will just say " WTG HOboy  !"

you did come out the victor, so you deserve the acknowledgement :D

but if you want to rise above the anyone can do it level and advance your ability, then ask some people for help to show you how to get there, and I promise you, you will find a neverending new enjoyment of the game!!! you will only go as far as you push yourself, but most will not push anything except that HO attempt  ;)
"When one considers just what they should say to a new pilot who is logging in Aces High, the mind becomes confused in the complex maze of info it is necessary for the new player to know. All of it is important; most of it vital; and all of it just too much for one brain to absorb in 1-2 lessons" TC

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
An end to the HO whine
« Reply #14 on: December 09, 2006, 04:35:42 PM »
I don't HO, I PIMP!!

:D
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.