Author Topic: Changes to come.  (Read 30839 times)

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #105 on: December 10, 2006, 04:30:48 PM »
i don't think this number balance is a new issue HT has been looking at.  it existed in the first MA, which was the point of eny.  it's just not a new issue, but one that, imho was never fully corrected.

i think as the game progressed, like every other online game out there, someone felt the need to balance teams.  i don't think you can log onto games like bf2, counter strike, etc etc and play horde warrior.  if you know of any combat games that allow for one team to have huge number advantages i would be curious as to which one?

as far as breaking squads up, you still have the option to change sides and even things up.  if you choose not to do so, you can only blame yourself.  i would suspect that between 2 arenas you might find a place for your squad.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 04:54:57 PM by pluck »
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline pluck

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #106 on: December 10, 2006, 04:32:59 PM »
Originally posted by Mr No Name
This makes it more and more like a box sim... numbers were this games biggest asset

lol.  well guess you can't argue with that.  which ever team has the most players can steam roll everything is sight.  maybe we should have all just joined one country.  we could pretend that we were all converted because of conquest.
-Vast
NOSEART
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
Changes to come.
« Reply #107 on: December 10, 2006, 04:33:43 PM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING
that being said...i dont see what this accomplishes unless hitech et al really just dont want anyone to fly together at all....
I honestly do not understand where this keeps coming from (just quoting you as last in a line of many).  Either you all are under a large misconception or I have lost my own marbles (which is always a possiblity at any given moment).

ENY already allows a certain amount of imbalance.  So 2 squaddies trying to get on at the same time will not be forced to two different countries.  I see nothing that will automatically split a squad or keep members out of an arena where his squaddies already are.  

The same restrictions hit all arenas, so we will not have the large imbalances already in place when you log on.  In the rare occasion when a large squad logs off all at once from one country, we may have a problem, but by and large it shouldn't be an issue because it will not be allowed to start in the first place.  

If you end up waiting in a queue, so what?  It won't be long before someone on another country hits the same problem in another arena and comes bouncing along looking to get in somewhere, or another player decides not to wait and just switch.

The only way I can see this really being a problem is if we have 30 Bish waiting in the queue to get into Blue while 30 Rooks wait to get into Orange and 30 Knights waiting to get into MW.  And if something like that does happen, all it should take is for a single squad recognize it and switch to another arena.

And why not switch to the other arena?  You know (now) that you will not be entering a situation where your side is outnumbered 20 to 1.

Compared to other balancing propositions that have been bandied about on the BBs, this one seems fairly "tame", and still allows the player to choose his course of action.

I hope I am not being overly optimistic, but I think this has a good potential for a "soft landing."

<>
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 04:38:30 PM by E25280 »
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #108 on: December 10, 2006, 04:50:04 PM »
Something must be wrong with my squad.  We keep finding ways to fly together.

Any suggestions on how I can avoid flying with them so I can support the 'this will wreck' squads campaign?
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline Major Biggles

• Gold Member
      • 71 Squadron Website
Changes to come.
« Reply #109 on: December 10, 2006, 04:53:26 PM »
it helps if the rest of your squad don't like you and aren't prepared to move to fly with you dan :D

71 'Eagle' Squadron RAF

Member DFC

Offline Grits

• Platinum Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #110 on: December 10, 2006, 05:10:49 PM »
I like it. Anything that allows me to more easily switch sides so I can kill my POS squaddies is a good thing.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #111 on: December 10, 2006, 05:12:57 PM »
Originally posted by Ball
I guess i am playing the part of Lord Haw Haw in here then?

lol now you mention it I was thinking more like the Iraq PR guy, Information minister ..."we'll kill them like rats".. jesus whats his name.  buggery beers kicked in.  iraq dude on TV, sub cult  funny geeza.  Can't remember what he was on the deck of cards..... Mohammed Saeed Al-Sahaf  commonly known as  

Comical Ali  :rofl
« Last Edit: December 10, 2006, 06:45:49 PM by LYNX »

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Changes to come.
« Reply #112 on: December 10, 2006, 05:15:24 PM »
Originally posted by Fencer51
So are squadrons going to be disbanded next?  That's where this is going.  Some people actually fly to fly with their friends.  Or is the master plan to force Squadrons to goto CT?:noid

I thought CT would not have squads.  So maybe this is all prep for CT.

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #113 on: December 10, 2006, 05:21:55 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35

Any suggestions on how I can avoid flying with them so I can support the 'this will wreck' squads campaign?

BoPs havent had any problem flying togehter either...i hope this will continue after the change...again i need some concept of what the allowed buffer will be before a country is closed..if it is 20 then ok....if it is 5 then no matter what chesspeice we choose we will have too many....
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline skernsk

• Platinum Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #114 on: December 10, 2006, 05:32:20 PM »
Being buried someplace in page three I am sure that HTC will not even read this.  

BUT

I would suggest that this is not good for squads.  And, let me also say that it has been my SQUAD and not your game that has kept me here the past 6 months or so.

Offline plank

• Nickel Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #115 on: December 10, 2006, 05:36:06 PM »
Did you guys know that flight sim enthusiasts fly on all sides in this game? Frankly, I never notice a difference in attitude, banter, or skill when I switch sides to balance. These people aren't your actual enemies, its a game.

Judging from the posts you'd think HTC was trying to give you a forced gender change.

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #116 on: December 10, 2006, 05:37:02 PM »
We are getting closer and closer to this post right here...(start the wayback machine!)

The ultimate solution

It seems the recent changes have not made enough progress in fixing AHII. Here are some ideas for an AHIII.

1. No more strats. This stops the "pork and auger" dweebs.

2. All hangers should be indesructible. This stops the griefers.

3. No more troops. Troops are need to capture bases. Capturing bases leads to winning the war. Winning the war is bad.

4. No more ack. Alot of good comes from this. It stops people from running to the protection of friendly ack and it stops people from crying that the ack is to much or to little. Since there are no strats it's not really needed. Maybe frame rates will go up

5. No more squads. Flying with your friends is bad.

6. No more vox or text bar. Talking with others may lead to friendships. Friendships can lead to squads. We can't have that. Also see rule 5.

7. Communication with others will be limited to the automated "check six" command. Not to much though. We'll be watching you closely to make sure your not trying to pull something sneaky like a code or something.

8. No more countries. Players might develop loyalty to one or another. That's a bad thing.

9. All players to fly the same plane. This ends the debate over wich plane can be flown against any others. No talking of dweeb rides either. Plane selection to be made at random at midnight.

10. No bombers. Nothing to bomb so why have them.

11. No GVs. Want to fight in tanks? Go somwhere else.

12. New planes to be launched in the air at altitude in random places. This will stop the vulchers.

There you go. Can't get much better than that.

(now back to present)

I'm a 'tard and did not know how to link to a post from the past so I just did a copy&paste.

:noid
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline Dantoo

• Silver Member
      • http://www.9giap.com
Changes to come.
« Reply #117 on: December 10, 2006, 05:45:07 PM »
Why do you persist in this?

People have voted with their feet.  Players will always do only that which they enjoy doing, no matter what obstacles you throw in their way.  What each individual seeks from the game will not change.  The game changes will not change the goals of the individual and players will always look to find the shortest path to achieve their personal goals.

Your changes have not enhanced enjoyment across the board by any stretch.  You are trying to force people to do things that they will not.  This alienates and frustrates your customers.  It is more profitable to retain a customer than to spend the money to gain a new one.

Leave it be.  Stop getting these stupid ideas for "necessary changes" from the BBS.  Spend time in the arenas if you want to see what people like and dislike.

If you had simply spent the time developing more and better maps and new interesting planes/gvs that you have on these ridiculous innovations you would be racing ahead.
I get really really tired of selective realism disguised as a desire to make bombers easier to kill.

HiTech

Matthew 24:28 For wherever the carcass is, there is where the vultures gather together.

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #118 on: December 10, 2006, 05:50:47 PM »
KTM520guy should be made commander of our non-country.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #119 on: December 10, 2006, 05:53:03 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35

Thats easy Dan all of you just need to all try and fly with the numbers side. :p
 Then you can come to the BBS and whine also.

Bronk
See Rule #4