Author Topic: Changes to come.  (Read 30619 times)

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Changes to come.
« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2006, 03:43:55 PM »
yea  well once you've cleared me and kazaa off thats been about it recently  apart from fury, prhim.

Our squad policy is quality and not quantity so we shouldnt suffer that much...

My grand designs for taking over the virtual skies with an elite band of Brit brothers never really materialised   lol  

Depends on the where the ENY limiter is going to kick in.  Hopefully it will be used in moderation   :)
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2006, 03:45:26 PM »
What I can't figure out is how people can be griping and we haven't even tried it yet.

Might want to at least see how it plays out first.

As far as the squad thing goes, It hasn't been an issue for the Headhunters.  We just go low side everytime.  Everyone can get in then
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline ZZ3

• Zinc Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2006, 03:48:53 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Funny how all of the whiners so far fail to realize one thing.   HTC gave them the chance to solve this, but they whined about "loyalty to a chess piece".   "Those who rang up up their rank, boosted their ego's/confidence while steamrolling the opposition."  

When numbers were 120 Rooks, 65 Bish and 50 Knights, you chose to steamroll, and vice versa to other countries.   Now things have turned for the better.  

Noone's squad will "be split up", switch countries and it won't.   Chances within an hour or two your "precious chess piece will be available".  

Thank you HTC!:aok

Go with the herd, or be a whiner, you decide.

Need I say more...

ZZ3
479th Raiders

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2006, 03:49:53 PM »
Originally posted by Bruv119
Us hardy Brits need to stick together in these troubling times......

I guess i am playing the part of Lord Haw Haw in here then?

Offline BansheCH

• Nickel Member
      • CM SnapShot Team
Changes to come.
« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2006, 03:50:08 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
What I can't figure out is how people can be griping and we haven't even tried it yet.

Might want to at least see how it plays out first.

Are you brand new out of the box? This is AcesHigh 2. Everybody flips out before we test something. lol
-BansheCH
~364TH FG CHAWKS~
AcesHigh Special Events

Offline thndregg

• Gold Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2006, 04:02:40 PM »
OMG!!! It's the Y2K Bug.....7 years late!!! EVERYBODY PANIC!!!!:eek: :huh
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline skycaptn

• Copper Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2006, 04:03:11 PM »
MUAHAHHAHA I cant wait!!!!!!

Wait till the squads are torn to peices and griping will be paramount!!!!

HTC needs to change the website though... making your own squad now will be pointless.. it needs to read... fly in a continiously changing arena beta test for only 15 dollars a month!
Fly with your friends for and hour till the horde logs on then be forced to fly with the ppl you just where fighting there by not getting cooperation ever again!

Join in huge bomber raids with noobies that have no concept of how to bomb!!!

Be forced to fly in arenas that you dont want too in order to be with friends!!!!

ACT NOW AND YOUR POST WILL BE DELETED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2006, 04:09:56 PM »
This has possibilities (Of course I initially liked all the other ides too:( ) I dont think it will mess with squads too much....MEGAsquads.....probab ly
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #98 on: December 10, 2006, 04:12:14 PM »
Originally posted by mwk522
What ever happened to the "Customer is Always Right"I guess that kind of thing went out many years ago an now your at the Company mercy...oh well life goes on...however I know how to adapt to change went through many of them in my 14 year Navy Career...seem no different here.

There's another saying.

What's the best way to piss your customer off??...............

Give him exactly what he wants. :)

Got to have a little faith they know what they are doing and in the end the results will be beneficial for all parties involved.  Voicing concerns, offering opinions as adults and using the proper channels to express them are all good things.  No one is saying we all have to agree.  But from some of the stuff I've seen people pull, never rule out the fact that sometimes "firing" a customer is a good thing.

If for one have a belief that HTC is pointing this game down a new and better path and am willing to ride out and speed bumps as they work towards the destination.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #99 on: December 10, 2006, 04:12:35 PM »
well i guess the new arenas werent such a great idea since now the game has to be continuously "tweaked" in order to be "fair"...maybe the old slums that were enjoyed werent so bad...

that being said...i dont see what this accomplishes unless hitech et al really just dont want anyone to fly together at all....

lets use a regular night where most squads probably have 7-15 guys finding each other to enjoy some laughs and get some kills....what does switching countries accomplish?  if 5 guys try to fly together and have to switch from "A" to "B" and then 5 more guys show up and "B" is now ahead in numbers....can switching to "C" support 10 guys moving there together or will only 8 get in??????

maybe hitech could post the numbers that will dictate imbalance?  that might help me understand how it will play out....maybe on the arena page it could somehow let one know how many "under the cap" a country is so one could know where to tell your friends to meet you.

i have played as long as i have because of comradery...its a cartoon game otherwise...i hope we wont continue to see changes made that encourage arcade or "pick up basketball" as the encouraged way to play.  the recent changes removed the "drama" that the game once held for me...it will be sad if the longer term friendships will be removed as well.

like other vets here i have found my playing time has decreased dramatically...even KOTH last night was about 2/3 strength from where it used to be...i continue to find myself wondering why i just dont quit...stubborness is part im sure....the squad is the other.
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #100 on: December 10, 2006, 04:16:05 PM »
I dont like it, it breaks the squads up even more then what they are now
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline john9001

• Plutonium Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #101 on: December 10, 2006, 04:19:40 PM »
been trying for two days to get into LWB, it's always capped, it must need fixn. :lol

i can still watch football, my cable co hasn't said, " too many people on that channel, go watch a movie."

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #102 on: December 10, 2006, 04:19:45 PM »
Originally posted by edge12674
If you don't like changes to AH then perhaps a boxed sim is a better choice.  That said, I do think this could adversly affect squads.  Squads will now have to change their outdated loyalties to a country.

Squad action/missions is what separates AH from most other sims.  Perhaps a AH could throw a bone to the squads by allowing them to reserve a number of slots in an arena.  

For instance 12 squad members show up for their squad night.  We meet in the lobby, sign up as a squad (kinda like a mission), then request 12 slots for whichever country AH needs to play balance.  There could be a limit to the number reserved to avoid a major unbalance and only registered squads would be allowed to reserve slots.

This would help keep the arenas balanced and promote a players allegience to his squad rather than a country.  As posted above, most squads enjoy a good fight and don't mind working for the underdog in the arena.  This would promote helping the underdog and I could see squads gaining much more allure to new players since they become more important.

Just an idea.

This makes it more and more like a box sim... numbers were this games biggest asset
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #103 on: December 10, 2006, 04:21:46 PM »
Originally posted by skycaptn

HTC needs to change the website though... making your own squad now will be pointless.. it needs to read... fly in a continiously changing arena beta test for only 15 dollars a month!
Fly with your friends for and hour till the horde logs on then be forced to fly with the ppl you just where fighting there by not getting cooperation ever again!

Be forced to fly in arenas that you dont want too in order to be with friends!!!!

great post!
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
Changes to come.
« Reply #104 on: December 10, 2006, 04:28:25 PM »
Originally posted by skycaptn

ROFLMAO!! That post is funny:lol and true :(

:noid
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.