Author Topic: Suggested *Simple* Solution to Balancing Issue  (Read 1521 times)

Offline 96Delta

• Nickel Member
      • Loose Cannons Alliance (LCA)  "Realize Your Potential"
Suggested *Simple* Solution to Balancing Issue
« Reply #15 on: December 14, 2006, 02:18:20 PM »
duplicate post - DELETED

To be sure you are going to Heaven when you die  CLICK HERE.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #16 on: December 14, 2006, 03:01:36 PM »
I agree with Kev (wink, I knew you needed some time to gather your thoughts). <> bro

Get rid of the Chesspiece HiTech.  

I played as Rook for 90% of my time in AH/AH2.   I've always had many friends on the other two sides.   When AH was still going on with the Beta AH2, I switched to Bish and had a blast.  I have problem switching sides, as I have friends on all sides.   I'm not an "outcast", in fact the Knights enjoy my help and always asked if I'd come over those last few weeks.   MEanwhile the side I left was committing hypocrisy by doing the exact thing they complained about on Country channel for WELL OVER a year.   I did it for two days as payback, but it went too far.  

Kev and Dh should remember me teaching them the Vehicle hangar camp inside of it.   IIRC, it was the first time it was done, and we landed some healthy pelts.   It's memories like that, which make this a fun game.   I'll be honest, I'm worn out from fighting twice the numbers for about the last 7 months.   I haven't been in there since 1.5 weeks ago, almost 2 weeks.    I was drained, got sick of the same two people whining constantly on 200 about "the changes".  

I'll get back into it, but I believe this "one country" flying attitude needs to go.   Maybe "Dweebs", "Dorks" and "Dunces" could be the new ones.   They all start with D's and don't resemble anything from AW, WB or anything else (so THAT excuse goes by the way side).   Bottom line, it comes down to selfishness, people can use whatever excuse they want, but it will always come back to this.  

MWL, excellent work sir.   <> to a former squaddie.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2006, 03:50:35 PM »
Lol, yup I remember .

The 'Golden' days of AH.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 03:54:32 PM by Kev367th »
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2006, 04:09:18 PM »
Originally posted by Kev367th

1) Dump Bish/Knit/Rook totally. Hell, call them Tutus, Thongs and Skivvies.

Just other names. Does not change anything. Would be funny first, but people would finally talk  about Tutus the same way the same way they did talk about Bish. "Tutus never...you Tutus suck.. blablabla".

And Iīm a bit sceptical about the whole "you canīt switch" thing. Most of the crap like "We never get organized...The Bish/Nit/Rooks ALWAYS yaddayadda" comes from people never changing countries and thus are really believing that their country is different.
If you prevent country switching at all, I am afraid this will even get worse as time goes by.

(To prevent any misunderstanding: I am well aware that not all people loyal to their country for years suffer from the delusions I mentioned above)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #19 on: December 14, 2006, 04:13:52 PM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
Get rid of the Chesspiece HiTech.  

What does this mean, exactly?  I don't quite get it.

On another note, I like 96Delta's idea of eliminating the country counts from the clipboard and "locking" people into a country of choice. :aok

Offline Kev367th

• Platinum Member
« Reply #20 on: December 14, 2006, 04:14:36 PM »
Having flown for all 3 countries in my 4+ years here, I can honestly say they are different.
Each one has it's own feel and character.
Can't really put it into words, but I felt differences, there's something about each country that makes them unique.
AMD Phenom II X6 1100T
Asus M3N-HT mobo
2 x 2Gb Corsair 1066 DDR2 memory

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
« Reply #21 on: December 14, 2006, 04:22:25 PM »
"Disable the ability to see how many people are on a country"
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: December 14, 2006, 04:25:10 PM »
Originally posted by Donzo
What does this mean, exactly?  I don't quite get it.

On another note, I like 96Delta's idea of eliminating the country counts from the clipboard and "locking" people into a country of choice. :aok

You get it, just like Kev and I are getting it.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Killjoy2

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.nortonfamily.net
« Reply #23 on: December 14, 2006, 04:26:31 PM »
The problem right now is not an overall imbalance between sides, It is more of people choosing an arena where they have the numbers, or leaving one they do not.  HiTech

Hummm  players are tending to gang up on the low side?  Who would have guessed?  We all expected them to help with side balancing.

OK here's my suggestion.

1) "Perk up" the popular planes when a country gets out of balance with too many players.  Don't limit them with ENY, just "perk" them up.  

I'd like to see how many of the gangers want to fly LALA's and Spit 16's at 30 perks.  I bet they'd fly a lot more conservative and if they were free in Bishland, they might consider switching.  

On the other hand, Rookland would look like EW most of the night.  Hehehehe

2)  "Harden" the bases of countries with low numbers.  Allow them to rebuild faster, especially the city and acks to prevent an easy capture.  The more out numbered a country is, the harder it is to kill and capture a base.

3)  Enable additional spawn points for GV's when a country is out numbered. But don't make them visible to the enemy.  This gives the outnumbered side a chance to zoom in with support for an vulched field.  You might make these "enabled" spawns go right on to the field.  Now that would be interesting.   If you want to beat up on an out numbered country better kill all the GV bases for 3 levels back.  

Much as I like your ideas Delta68, I think this one would drive away customers.  

Oh and if I had to choose, I'm probably a "Skivvies" country to the day I die and die and die.

Offline Donzo

• Gold Member
      • http://www.bops.us
« Reply #24 on: December 14, 2006, 04:26:34 PM »
You get it, just like Kev and I are getting it.

I do? :huh

I was wonder what you meant by getting rid of the chesspiece.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: December 14, 2006, 04:34:02 PM »
This is a decent idea but take it the next step.  When you log on your given the choice of EW, MW or LW arenas.  If there's 2 LW arenas or 3 or 4 your automatically put into the one that needs you for balancing purposes.  No choices.  No ability to change other than to EW or MW.  Once assigned to an arena your assigned for the next X # of hours so if you get disco'd you get right back into the same arena (or alternatly you have to be logged out for X # of hours to be re-assigned).  For squads once one member is on all others are automatically assigned to the same arena.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: December 14, 2006, 04:54:06 PM »
It would be nice.

It would'nt bother me if a fellow rook squad stayed rook and our squad had to go Knit or Bish, I just want to make sure the squad stays intact. If HTC could assign all squads to a side and lock them there for either Orange or Blue.  The Mid and Early, DA, AvA, SEA, and TRN would remain open.

I'd imagine there are people in the community willing to do alot of the research and placement for them. They could be placed by active member size, and effectiveness as in whether they are squads that go for bases or those that like to dogfight primarily.

It would just take a little time, but once it was organized it could work.

New members,lone wolves,or those that leave a squad would be placed in a generic squad pool. From that pool they could be evenly distributed evenly to the arena and side that needs them.

So much for not suggesting anymore. There has just got to be a way to keep squads intact but have balance as well.

~AoM~

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: December 14, 2006, 04:55:49 PM »
LMAO all the guys screaming about choice now you want to assign sides.

I think HT is checking in on this and laughing to himself.

WTG :aok

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: December 14, 2006, 05:10:11 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
LMAO all the guys screaming about choice now you want to assign sides.

I think HT is checking in on this and laughing to himself.

WTG :aok

Bronk

Step away from the crack pipe.   You're the one being laughed at.   When did anyone mention "assigning sides"? (Kev was rehashing an old idea, from a while back)   You're the first one in this thread to mention it.   If you cannot comprehend what you are reading, please, do not post.  

But please, keep laughing.  
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #29 on: December 14, 2006, 05:14:37 PM »
Step away from the crack pipe.   You're the one being laughed at.   When did anyone mention "assigning sides"? (Kev was rehashing an old idea, from a while back)   You're the first one in this thread to mention it.   If you cannot comprehend what you are reading, please, do not post.  

But please, keep laughing.  

UMMM whats this then posted by BaldEagl.
"his is a decent idea but take it the next step. When you log on your given the choice of EW, MW or LW arenas. If there's 2 LW arenas or 3 or 4 your automatically put into the one that needs you for balancing purposes. No choices. No ability to change other than to EW or MW. Once assigned to an arena your assigned for the next X # of hours so if you get disco'd you get right back into the same arena (or alternatly you have to be logged out for X # of hours to be re-assigned). For squads once one member is on all others are automatically assigned to the same arena."

Guess i miss read that ehh.
:rolleyes:

Bronk
« Last Edit: December 14, 2006, 05:24:03 PM by Bronk »
See Rule #4