Author Topic: Before or Now  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Kermit de frog

• Gold Member
      • LGM Films
Before or Now
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2006, 11:36:01 AM »
richard....some squads are not allowed to change countries without permission.

Maybe I'll fly in EW to give you some company Mystic. :)
Time's fun when you're having flies.

Offline Hornet33

• Gold Member
Before or Now
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2006, 11:45:53 AM »
I don't think it has so much to do with loyalty to a chess piece as it has to do with loyalty to your squadies.

I fly Knight. Not because I HAVE to be a Knight but because I know when I log on the squadies I want to fly with will be Knights looking for the rest of the squad.

JG44 are Knights. That's where we all know we can find each other. With the new arenas and arena caps and everything else it's hard to find more than maybe 3-4 squadies at any given time. We used to have our squad nights and have upwards of 20-30 people on flying together in massive bombing runs or fighter sweeps or taking some bases, and we just don't see that anymore. Since these changes took effect I've logged the least amount of hours in the last 2 months than I have in the last 2 years because I just don't get into it anymore.

I personaly feel that the community is starting to fragment. The big MA was a blast. EVERYONE was there, and that's the thing that really drew me into this game.

I would much rather see the "old" MA back with a rolling plane set than the fragmented community we have now spread out into 4 MA's.

Just my humble opinion.
AHII Con 2006, HiTech, "This game is all about pissing off the other guy!!"

Offline Trikky

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
Before or Now
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2006, 11:55:09 AM »
GIAP have Euro/Aus/US members so its always been rare to get more than 3 or 4 on at a time anyway, even before the changes. Thankfully we're all so obscenely rich and have nothing better to do than shout at our accountants, we can work around it.

Still sucks when our billionaire drug runner brother from Uzbekistan cant get on.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Before or Now
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2006, 12:07:20 PM »
Game is great... only problems are user induced. Not much can be done about that.

I personally like the MW most, it's not very busy most nights, so I go latewar. It has the same issues as the old MA.

HT is doing all it can to work it out. Hopefully it wont cause the CT to be released later..... I heard it was 2 weeks out :aok
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
Before or Now
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2006, 01:55:02 PM »
Like old Highway said in Heartbreak Ridge: "Improvise.  Adapt.  Overcome."

But whatever, figure out a better way or just do everyone a favour and disappear quietly.  

Sometimes the best part of being a fart no one wants to smell is that you get to come back to the game with a new identity.  You can start over and hopefully not be such a tard the second time around.  Or third....or fourth :rolleyes:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
Before or Now
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2006, 01:57:07 PM »
asking what we prefer now is kinda like deciding if we prefer Hub's fake boobs or real boobs before the post op scabs heal.

need to give it time until it all gets sorted, play a little, then make a judgement.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
Before or Now
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2006, 02:15:20 PM »
Before. (I believe that's all you asked.)
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Before or Now
« Reply #22 on: December 15, 2006, 04:09:54 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
Before.
The thing I miss the most is  the ground war aspect. Huge armored campains. I used to spend about half of my times in tanks. Neither our small maps, nor the large one in LWO under "capture by number" rules can offer me opportunities for that.

Today I realized what I missed most about the big maps.  I used to love to go work on those VB chains.  I'd try to work em over in heavy bombers, attack planes, vehicles (offense and defense) and when I got bored I'd take up a fighter and go kill some enemy's trying the same.  There's nothing like that on the small maps.  I really miss that part.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Before or Now
« Reply #23 on: December 15, 2006, 04:14:16 PM »
Originally posted by Hornet33
Since these changes took effect I've logged the least amount of hours in the last 2 months than I have in the last 2 years because I just don't get into it anymore.

I'm finding myself drifting in the same direction.  Logging fewer hours every week.  I used to have almost balanced hours between fighter, bomber, attack and vehicle.  Now my fighter hours are more than the other three combined because that's what there is to do in these small maps and i find myself getting bored (or frustrated) faster.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline belethch

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.c-hawks.com
Before or Now
« Reply #24 on: December 15, 2006, 06:12:25 PM »
every thing that has been posted on this thread has been said before, but those persons that said it turned into flame bait.  i agree with every one, i to have been on very little and so have alot of others. maybe its time to realize that this whole thing has gotten out of hand and maybe HT should just go back to the old MA style and start over. all these changes have done is bust up the community. to many have moved on to other things. also there are prob alot of wives very mad a HT for not keeping there hubby's busy and out of there hair.

Offline Husky01

• Platinum Member
Before or Now
« Reply #25 on: December 15, 2006, 06:22:48 PM »
Before it was just... well more fun...
BearKats
9GIAP VVS RKKA

Offline Mark Luper

• Silver Member
Before or Now
« Reply #26 on: December 15, 2006, 06:41:07 PM »
Originally posted by Kermit de frog
richard....some squads are not allowed to change countries without permission.

Maybe I'll fly in EW to give you some company Mystic. :)

I really find this interesting! People are complaining about the changes not giving them personal choices but they choose to join a squad that does not allow country changes? I wonder what else these squads do not allow.

That a squad would do anything of the sort baffles me, that someone would go along with it floors me!

Wow!

Mark
MarkAT

Keep the shiny side up!

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
Before or Now
« Reply #27 on: December 15, 2006, 06:58:06 PM »
Country loyalty was not a big deal to me. I wanted to fly with my friends. The changes pretty much torpedoed that. More often than not I just wandered the arenas by myself.
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline viper215

• Silver Member
      • http://www.bops.us
Before or Now
« Reply #28 on: December 15, 2006, 07:03:46 PM »
before.......I really do like the change with the 30% field cap to win That was  a good idea....I wish it could be 1 MA with that change and I would be happy :aok
- Viper215 - Birds of Prey - Falcon Wing -
               - www.bops.us -

Offline kamilyun

• Silver Member
Before or Now
« Reply #29 on: December 15, 2006, 07:03:47 PM »
"right" before the changes, or just sometime before the changes?

I did not enjoy the game right before the changes.  3 years ago I did.  Something did change in those 3 years, and it wasn't just me.