Author Topic: Your Dweebiest Moment  (Read 2440 times)

Offline Benny Moore

• Silver Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #30 on: December 19, 2006, 07:03:50 PM »
My dweebiest moment was actually in Pacific Fighters.  I was putting on an improvised air show, doing very slow speed (70 M.P.H.) maneuvers fifty feet off of the ground in my big Lockheed fighter.  There were several people watching from the tarmac, and they expressed admiration at my expertise and precision, as well as disbelief that a P-38 could float around like that.

I confess that my ego was feeling rather pleased with myself.  I did an extra daring maneuver, and pulled it off perfectly without a hitch.  That was about five seconds before I stalled, spun, and cartwheeled along the ground before bursting into flames.  For a while after that, we used to joke that "everyone loves my air shows, especially the big fireball at the end."

Offline FX1

• Silver Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2006, 07:28:02 PM »
Originally posted by jon
how is that being a dweeb?:huh

vulched 5 guys 18 times thats a dweeb if you ask me..

Offline SPIKER

• Copper Member
Quick get a Goon
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2006, 07:40:22 PM »
Back when (Carolina Piedmont IronHeads) I just logged on and one of the squadies called out "quick get a goon and come to A1".  
  As I turned the key and pushed on the throttles, the 2 Allison 250 engines were just coming up to speed when I went to WEP and banking by the tower.
  Then getting a chance to pull up the map, the red bar was maxed out and it looked like there were only 2 friendly flying over the base.  Not looking for a quickie I pulled back on the stick for max climb.
  Watching the battle while I climbed, grabbing a sandwich and a cold 1, I was now right over the base at 20k.   I could hear on local they were finaly working on the town, so I started a slow 15% turning dive.
  With nothing but green on the map and some 50 flyers buzzing the field they said come on in.  1 mile out, doors open at 1000ft, I called back and told the boys to get ready to bail out, passing over the base at 125mph for a good drop I looked back and told the guy lets go.....

They were pushing a cargo box out the door!:O

Spiker

Offline Angry Samoan

• Silver Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2006, 08:02:37 PM »
Being the only Gonnybird w/drunks and snapping the wings over the town.
There were 3 rooks already sitting on the enmy runway eager to tower in there new base.
Just after finding out why the capture didnt happen the ack came alive and killed them...:furious

After that not a word was said the rest queitly rtb.:(

But at least I got 1 out.:aok

Offline xNOVAx

• Silver Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2006, 09:19:34 PM »
I've HO'd a few people and lost almost every time..

NOVA - Army of Muppets - Inactive

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return." -Leonardo da Vinci

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2006, 09:26:01 PM »
Originally posted by Platano
Or how about wen U release eggs over a target to only only have the blast kill you also  :lol

LOL Platano thats happened to me too many times.

How about i  tried to show of infront off my squad mates and crashed like a dweeb does that count?

:noid
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline Platano

• Silver Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2006, 09:29:06 PM »
:rofl
Army of Muppets

Fly Luftwaffe.

Offline The Fury

• Silver Member
Re: Quick get a Goon
« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2006, 09:29:19 PM »
Originally posted by SPIKER
Back when (Carolina Piedmont IronHeads) I just logged on and one of the squadies called out "quick get a goon and come to A1".  
  As I turned the key and pushed on the throttles, the 2 Allison 250 engines were just coming up to speed when I went to WEP and banking by the tower.
  Then getting a chance to pull up the map, the red bar was maxed out and it looked like there were only 2 friendly flying over the base.  Not looking for a quickie I pulled back on the stick for max climb.
  Watching the battle while I climbed, grabbing a sandwich and a cold 1, I was now right over the base at 20k.   I could hear on local they were finaly working on the town, so I started a slow 15% turning dive.
  With nothing but green on the map and some 50 flyers buzzing the field they said come on in.  1 mile out, doors open at 1000ft, I called back and told the boys to get ready to bail out, passing over the base at 125mph for a good drop I looked back and told the guy lets go.....

They were pushing a cargo box out the door!:O

Spiker

:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

So Funny!!!!!!
The Few
England    www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
The Few  (Tour 77)                                                                                            Currently Flying as Fury

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2006, 09:41:06 PM »
becoming a bk

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2006, 09:47:30 PM »
Vulched someone landing their kills after the war was won.

Was drunk and thought they were just running from me.

Definately the ****est thing i've done. :(

30mm HOs are pretty dweebish but I only do that to Pony and Zero pilots who are stupid enough to try and HO a 109 lol :aok
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #40 on: December 20, 2006, 02:47:54 AM »
Flying a goon in one of Birdo's 110 missions. "Landing" it by the town, which involved multiple structural failures and a couple side rolls. Many many drunk Birdo curses over VOX.

Then a base capture.

Oh yeah.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline hogenbor

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.lookupinwonder.nl
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #41 on: December 20, 2006, 04:15:12 AM »
Flying in a P-51, just below cloud level. I'm relatively high and fast, someone higher can't see me, what can happen? Then the familiar sound of bullets hitting me and some loud crashes indicating major damage. I tumble helplessly to the ground.

When enjoying my plummet to certain death I see a tailless P-47 tumble down with me. Turns out that he was shot down above me and on his way down got a million to one chance to shoot at me... and hit!

And another more dweebish event: Upping a Seafire for the first time, dragging people into ack and shooting down a few. Running out of ammo after 9 kills and subsequently crash and die on the carrier due to unfamiliarity with the aircraft...  :(

Offline Keiler

• Copper Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #42 on: December 20, 2006, 05:14:18 AM »
played for a very short time in a knight's squad, still AH1 one. Dont remember the name, but one of them (maybe the leader) is named Maik.

Never flew a 109 seriously (they only flew 109s), we upped a flight of 3, going heavy. I got my target on the ground instructed and wanted to divebomb it....
Going down from 25k, heavy... throttle not back. I noticed my mistake when I released the bomb, flying parallel, co-speed, to the bomb right into the ammobunker I was supposed to hit :D . Die-hard lesson on what compression is all about :cool:

Matt

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #43 on: December 20, 2006, 07:00:17 AM »
Telling AKAK I feel like big gay al in a drunkin stupor one night:eek:
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #44 on: December 20, 2006, 07:24:00 AM »
every second of every moment of  every hour of every day i spend posting in this god forsaken green hole of dooooom.

:D
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.