Author Topic: Your Dweebiest Moment  (Read 2438 times)

Offline Zazen13

• Gold Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #60 on: December 21, 2006, 10:19:22 AM »
Someone already used mine but... When I was learning the Ostwind I would take it to enemy fields we were attacking if there were no vulchers attacking our fields and shoot low n' slow cons that had just taken off for target practice. It was usefull target practice and helped me learn how to lead with 37mm at various target velocities but I would never do that now...Quite dweeby...

Zazen
« Last Edit: December 21, 2006, 10:34:17 AM by Zazen13 »
Zazen PhD of Cherrypickology
Author of, "The Zen Art of Cherrypicking" and other related works.
Quote, "Cherrypicking is a state of mind & being, not only Art and Scienc

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #61 on: December 21, 2006, 11:05:11 AM »
Every night, I think I reach a new all time low.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline bigsky406

• Zinc Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #62 on: December 21, 2006, 03:52:34 PM »
Geez, there are so many to choose from... Ok, got shot down over ENY base, bailed ran to end of runway and shot planes with my 45. The quit upping from that end of runway so I ran and hid in the hanger until my 45 was empty.

The other was when I got shot down (yes I get shot down a lot) over ENY base, bailed, ran into hanger only to find someone else in there hiding. We kinda scared the hell out of each other. I'm yelling "don't shoot" over vox while we're both aiming our pistols at each other.  I had to laugh, here is two cartoon guys hiding in a hanger waiting for the base to be captured.

Last, when I was new I once tried to put my 45 in the view slot of a Panzer... Hey give me a break, I was a new guy.

Offline Heater

• Silver Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #63 on: December 21, 2006, 04:19:22 PM »
Flying with HiTech as a wingman

He allways gets me killed
:noid :noid
HiTech is a DWEEB-PUTZ!
I have multiple personalities and none of them like you !!!

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2006, 04:24:50 PM »
Thats because you always fly lead and take us into AAA.

My dweebest was the day I thought that just because heater could fly F15's implied that he was good at flying.

HiTech

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #65 on: December 22, 2006, 01:50:40 AM »
I rarely set up missions but one night I decided I'd organize a B-17 mission over an airfield then a VB base.  

I set it up for 10 pilots, full load out of 1000 pounders.  I kept announcing the mission on our country channel and kept setting the launch time back until I finally had a full roster.  

OK.  2 minutes to launch.  1 minute to launch.  What the hell?  I'm in the hanger throttle wide open!  I'm headed toward a building.  Turn, turn, turn I think.  Uh-oh, I see others crashing.  I'm on the radio... "stop, stop, stop!"  People are saying something to me which I'm sure isn't complimentary as I watch the carnage unflod but I'm lost in the terror of the moment trying desperately to get off safely myself.  

Somehow I got one plane off the field and so did two others but they're well ahead of me now.  I'm on the radio.  "Stop, stop, stop, we need to re-do this with a spawn setting.  If you're up please bail"  I finally got close enough to the guys in front of me and we all bailed.  I re-set the mission and thankfully everone re-joined the second time but that's probably my dweebiest moment.

Sincere appologies to all who trusted in me that night.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
NOE
« Reply #66 on: December 22, 2006, 09:23:24 AM »
So we got 4 110's going NOE into a nice V base. Were all heavy with drop tanks. Its about 2 sectors away, and WEP'n it all the way. Well Im spearing fish at about 30 ft off the deck.  Go to autopilot. Good time to MT tail gun. Finish, nice and light. Picking up speeed, wind sounding excellent. I click on my DT's status, and watching the flow of high octane fuel get slurpped up. Good time to go get another brew, hit the head.

8 Mins L8r alright were still nice and tight getting ready to pop.
*VOX-- Get ready to drop tanks**

Well at that time Im
Going through check list.
.salvo 2

Setin up what Im gonna drop first

* VOX-- K pop, tanks away**

*Click**

**poof**

Sitting in Tower.

Hmmmm

:huh

I might have been on 500kg :aok  I was recording, and went back to the video tape, uh,,,, yup.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2006, 09:26:47 AM by 4deck »
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
Re: Quick get a Goon
« Reply #67 on: December 22, 2006, 10:17:45 AM »
Originally posted by SPIKER
Back when (Carolina Piedmont IronHeads) I just logged on and one of the squadies called out "quick get a goon and come to A1".  
  As I turned the key and pushed on the throttles, the 2 Allison 250 engines were just coming up to speed when I went to WEP and banking by the tower.
  Then getting a chance to pull up the map, the red bar was maxed out and it looked like there were only 2 friendly flying over the base.  Not looking for a quickie I pulled back on the stick for max climb.
  Watching the battle while I climbed, grabbing a sandwich and a cold 1, I was now right over the base at 20k.   I could hear on local they were finaly working on the town, so I started a slow 15% turning dive.
  With nothing but green on the map and some 50 flyers buzzing the field they said come on in.  1 mile out, doors open at 1000ft, I called back and told the boys to get ready to bail out, passing over the base at 125mph for a good drop I looked back and told the guy lets go.....

They were pushing a cargo box out the door!:O

Spiker

LMFAO

Gawd Ive done that, but after like 30 mins of flight, never even looked at my drop guage "1":rofl :rofl :aok :rofl :rofl   :cry
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline Golfer

• Platinum Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #68 on: December 22, 2006, 10:23:54 AM »
I consider it my greatest moment of Air Warrior and Aces High.

A certain squadron was rolling a carrier based mission to launch when the CV was nice and close to the enemy base.  After much of their careful planning they give the roll command.  Just as their airplanes spawn on the carrier with their engines up to speed...I command the CV into a 90 degree turn to port.

Each and every heavily loaded F4U and F6F went plowing into the tower island of the CV to the amazement of the mission participants.  They had no idea what had happened and I vacated the scene before I could be convicted of any wrongdoing.

My only regret is I was not rolling film the day I became an instant quintuple ace.

Offline Apeking

• Copper Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #69 on: December 22, 2006, 01:51:04 PM »
"I watch the carnage unflod"

That's a very good quote and deserves to go in someone's signature.

"Good time to MT tail gun. Finish, nice and light."

I don't mean to apply rudder to the topic, but is there a speed benefit if you get rid of all the MG ammo in the rear gunner position of the Bf110? And for that matter the Ju88s and other aircraft with useless, counterproductive defensive gun positions?

Offline LEADPIG

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #70 on: December 23, 2006, 06:50:26 AM »
Usually involes augering a P-38 while diving into a furball while i'm sure everybody was laughing, and then there was that time i upped a 262 and then flew over a field with ack getting shot down and augering into the ground without shooting anyone. :cry :O

Offline shooter1cac

• Zinc Member
      • http://img407.imageshack.us/img407/3707/sapplf6.jpg
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #71 on: December 23, 2006, 03:19:33 PM »
Besides the normal compress and auger situations...

Mine was in AW. I'm in  38..lined up on a Bz goon..when I hear
"plink plink plink". I'm looking all around..freaking out that I got bounced. The whole time I'm still hearing "plink plink plink". I start rolling and doing my best to evade this evil inviso-con.
"plink plink plink"
Red screen o death.

I forgot the goon had a single rear gun on the side that was just chewing me up in a slow and painful death. I lost 8 kills and caused our field to be captured cause I made the "I got him" call. :p

Either that or last week when I chased a dot for a whole sector before I realized it was a spot on my monitor. :rolleyes:

Offline Apeking

• Copper Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #72 on: December 23, 2006, 03:56:56 PM »
"Either that or last week when I chased a dot for a whole sector before I realized it was a spot on my monitor."

I feel your pain. Aces High is the only game I have played where a speck of dust on the monitor can upset my peace of mind.

I'm flying along, without a care in the world, and I check my six and suddenly it looks as if someone is sneaking up on me. Whichever direction I look, there's a baddie above me. Crap, I'm surrounded. I must have dozed off.

And then I realise that the monitor needs a wipe (perhaps a spider poo-ed on the glass).
« Last Edit: December 23, 2006, 05:54:24 PM by Apeking »

Offline Widewing

• Plutonium Member
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #73 on: December 23, 2006, 04:42:20 PM »
My favorite dweeb moment occurred about two or three years ago. One of our notorious motor-mouth players (at the time) was reminding everyone how terrific he was. I offered to meet him in a quiet part of the map and he'd have an opportunity to impress me.

The agreement was to meet at 5k between bases. He was flying a P-51D.

I had already taken off in an SBD about 10 minutes before. I fully expected him to cheat on the altitude, climbing high and diving down to 5k with a ton of E.

When I spotted his P-51, sure enough, he was up around 10k. Unlucky for him that he failed to cheat enough; I was at 14k and converted the extra altitude to speed for the co-alt merge. He died three-quarters through his high, lazy first reverse.

So, he whines uncontrollably on 200 about how I cheated....

Out-dweebing a dweeb is always fun.

My regards,

Widewing
My regards,

Widewing

YGBSM. Retired Member of Aces High Trainer Corps, Past President of the DFC, retired from flying as Tredlite.

Offline FLS

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
      • Trainer's Website
Your Dweebiest Moment
« Reply #74 on: December 23, 2006, 06:32:09 PM »
There have been many, I'll just relate a recent one.

To avoid the accidental bail by typing previously mentioned I had set my bail command to "ctrl-enter". This was a few years ago. I generally don't bail out so I had completely forgotten that I reset the command. While flying the first frame of the last BoB scenario I took damage requiring me to bail and I hit the enter key several times with no result. I had some altitude so I opened the control menu, found the bail command, and noted the setting. I was still dropping but I was quickly running out of time to bail and survive. When I went to close the command menu I somehow managed to delete the bail command and close the menu instead of simply closing it. I opened it again just before I hit the ground. It was, of course, a one life per frame scenario.