Author Topic: G#$%* D@#$*& IT! Sometimes this really pisses me off.  (Read 598 times)

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
G#$%* D@#$*& IT! Sometimes this really pisses me off.
« on: December 25, 2006, 05:50:20 PM »
So there I am, I'm mixin it up in an A6m5 with another A6. Now ealier this same pilot had zapped me 3 for 3 so I was looking for payback. We merge, go the HO thing, pass by and I kill speed and do hard roll over the top. Sweet, I'm ahead by 20 to 30 degrees and I pepper him. Now If it was me my zeke would disintegrate because, apparently, if you look at a zero to hard it will fall apart much less shoot at it. But not this guy. So I saddle  him up, I'm riding him hard peppering him as the angles allow. He still isn't going down. I'm getting hits, I can see the sparks, nothing. He runs to the deck and I'm right behind. He's trying to kill speed to force and overshoot but I'm not buying and have my throttle completely off and am just idleing. He dips below my nose and then rises up just in front of me. I figure this is it, "your mine!". Then, all of the sudden, for no apparent reason, my left wing falls off. WTF?!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I wasn't on fire, I check this regularly out of habbit when Ive taken some hits, It's a side effect of flying a zero. And we weren't going fast as I said we were playing the overshoot game and my engine wasn't on power as we were both slowing. So what the hell was this all about?

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2006, 06:03:13 PM »
My guess: Collision. But without any film, we canīt really tell. Human perception & memory do funny things when in air combat...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2006, 10:35:20 PM »
lol were you even using your cannon? sounds like lag led to your wing falling off. Because i bet on his screen you overshot.
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2006, 02:56:40 AM »
Ahhh, Well then, Will all you dial up bastards please get a decent con, this is getting old. :lol

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2006, 06:15:43 AM »
...maybe ya clipped a tree..... maybe an enemy GV was near.... maybe it was lag.

What ever, just get a new plane and try again  :)

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
Re: G#$%* D@#$*& IT! Sometimes this really pisses me off.
« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2006, 08:34:22 AM »
Originally posted by Bubbajj
We merge, go the HO thing, pass by and I kill speed and do hard roll over the top.  

That says something to me: You may have taken wing root damage you weren't aware of on the first merge, which was exacerbated by the G forces of the hard pull.

You may want to consider a Hurricane IIC or a Spitfire V or VIII. All three will give you great turning ability and a boost in firepower and durability.

As for the HO merge, try for angles instead of a poor percentage shot.

Good luck.

Offline Max

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2006, 08:36:33 AM »
Originally posted by Bubbajj
Ahhh, Well then, Will all you dial up bastards please get a decent con, this is getting old. :lol

Was there anything mentioned about the dial-up connection?

Offline loony1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2006, 09:54:04 AM »
if he was in an A6M cances are there was a cv near. Maybe a 5in gunner zapped you
Loony2 Of "The Iron Saints"

Offline Apeking

• Copper Member
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2006, 11:56:37 AM »
"That says something to me: You may have taken wing root damage you weren't aware of on the first merge, which was exacerbated by the G forces of the hard pull."

Does the game model this kind of cumulative damage effect, though?

Offline mussie

• Gold Member
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2006, 02:21:23 PM »
Remeber What you see and what he see's will be different

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: December 26, 2006, 02:50:31 PM »
considering that the AH server run's at what....33,600 (I think) a properly configured dial-up account would be better than a high speed connection.

that being said, what do you have your guns convergance set at?  sounded to me like you had 3-4 shot opportunities, and failed to land a solid shot.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2006, 07:19:38 PM »
We were in the early war arena and there wasn't another soul around for miles. I've my convergence set at 250. He was stiring the stick for dear life so shot had to be taken as the solutions rolled into position. I landed hits, I saw it, just not enough damage to do anything I guess. In the above diagram I would have been the red plane. We weren't that close. I was keeping him 200 in front of me so we didn't collide and my guns converged on him. If there was a collision, it never registered in my cockpit. This was just damned irritating as I had a good fight going and then my wing breaks off. I don't know if this kind of damage is modeled and I know I didnt hit a tree or his plane. Just, GRRRRR!!!!