Author Topic: RPM sez: Crime doesn't pay, punk!  (Read 2538 times)

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
RPM sez: Crime doesn't pay, punk!
« Reply #45 on: January 01, 2007, 10:08:30 AM »
Back in the day I would get guys that would shuffle in during the night shift at the service station with some grime caked cheque (with a womans name), no ID, wondering if I would cash it? Ah, those were the days...

Good for you RPM. :aok
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #46 on: January 01, 2007, 11:00:28 AM »
Bat, eagl's right.  I've grown up 10 years in Europe, then spent a bit more than ten years in north America, and have now been back in Europe for three years.
There's no doubt about it, it's a European thing, it's just part of the whole of the culture.  It's ingrained by habit, it's wrong when inspected consciously, but it gets to ride piggy back like a bad law in an otherwise good bill.
I'm personally sick of it, seeing it happen day in, day out. It should get no slack, no matter how "indignant" the people defending it pretend to be.  Principles don't bend for convenience.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: January 01, 2007, 11:18:26 AM »
Originally posted by moot
Bat, i agree with what eagl's posted.  

corrected :aok
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline Chairboy

• Probation
  • Plutonium Member
      • hallert.net
« Reply #48 on: January 01, 2007, 11:24:29 AM »
Originally posted by B@tfinkV
when the bank screws up and credits me by mistake i will hopefully withdraw the money before they can corect it.

petty thief? no sir.
My favorite excerpt.  Yeah, you're a fine upstanding citizen.
"When fascism comes to America it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: January 01, 2007, 03:55:36 PM »
the bank takes my money to look after it for me, spends it to make twice as much as i gave them, then pays me a few numerals extra per year, and you think most people wouldnt jump at the chance to get a few notes back sometimes.

you find a $20 bill in a busy street, you gunna hand it in or start asking people if they dropped it?

[ace ventura deep breath]

The funniest and most wonderfull part in this destruction of your best possible effort at diverting the attention away from your own lack of worthwhile opinion on this matter which you started with me as you threw wild accusations and insults in my direction and generally called my entire life and ethics things that were lower than needed to be wildly thrown in a thread where all i did was gave a simple opinion about my hypothetical choice were I in that situation what rpm was in......*gasp*.... the funniest part about this destruction is that i havnt had a bank account fo almost 8 years now.

luhooo uhooo seer  LUHOOOOOOOSER.

xan ya feel it, can ya...can ya?

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #50 on: January 01, 2007, 05:14:47 PM »
the bank takes my money to look after it for me, spends it to make twice as much as i gave them, then pays me a few numerals extra per year, and you think most people wouldnt jump at the chance to get a few notes back sometimes.

you find a $20 bill in a busy street, you gunna hand it in or start asking people if they dropped it?

When a clerk makes an error my way or their way for more than a few cents I always point it out.  I would rather find a $10 bill in the street than a bag with $10,000.  I’d turn in the $10,000.  The $10, however, isn’t worth the time and effort of a police report and would never make its way back to its owner.  If I saw who’d dropped it I’d get their attention and give it to them; done that a few times.  Most people I know would do the same.

I know that in the US moral standards vary greatly; we have plenty of folks who would slit your throat for a nickel and plenty who do everything humanly possible to remain moral.  While British citizens may be jaded by having fewer rights than their criminals I’m sure that there are plenty of honest and trustworthy limeys over there.  I doubt B@tfinkV truly represents his nation.

BTW, if I ever were in Britain and was being mugged, I’d mug the mugger back and claim that I was the real mugger and my victim tried to hurt poor ol me while I was just trying to do my job.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2007, 05:19:42 PM »
....Golfer: go ahead an think it. i've never been a 'good, upstanding, law abiding citizen' and i do not intend to start now.

hell, i'll go ahead and admit im a criminal in many minor cases....

Translation:

My life has such a pathetic direction that I have stooped to an all time low of claiming to be a criminal to get the other BBS patrons to think I am a bad arse robin hood...  really, I am a bipoloar imbecile starving for attention trying to escape my meaningless existence.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline eskimo2

• Platinum Member
      • hallbuzz.com
« Reply #52 on: January 01, 2007, 05:33:31 PM »
Originally posted by Bodhi
Translation:

My life has such a pathetic direction that I have stooped to an all time low of claiming to be a criminal to get the other BBS patrons to think I am a bad arse robin hood...  really, I am a bipoloar imbecile starving for attention trying to escape my meaningless existence.

Deviant or immoral behavior is commonly justified by convincing oneself that “everyone does it”.  I wouldn’t be surprised if B@tfinkV truly believes that his behavior and beliefs are standard and acceptable.

Offline Bodhi

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #53 on: January 01, 2007, 05:47:57 PM »
Originally posted by eskimo2
Deviant or immoral behavior is commonly justified by convincing oneself that “everyone does it”.  I wouldn’t be surprised if B@tfinkV truly believes that his behavior and beliefs are standard and acceptable.

If that is the case, than I feel even sorrier for him than I did when I thought he was just a stupid imbecile.
I regret doing business with TD Computer Systems.

Offline rpm

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: January 01, 2007, 05:59:15 PM »
True story, altho you may not believe it... A couple weeks ago I went to the bank to get change. I withdrew $8,000 in hundreds. They give me $16,000. The bank has just recently been bought out and switched their cash handling system. Hundreds used to be bundled in $1000 increments, now they are in $2,000 increments. I asked her, "You want to count that one more time?" The color drained from her face when she realised what she had just done.

Now was it honesty or self-preservation that kept me from taking the money? I prefer to think it was honesty because the repercussions of what could happen if I took the money never entered my head. I just saw it was wrong.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 06:02:05 PM by rpm »
My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Stay thirsty my friends.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: January 01, 2007, 06:03:48 PM »
i was talking about a hypothetical miscredited 20 bucks, not enough to buy a small house.

badass robin hood wannabe?

i am nothing, worthless, pointless, organic waste locked in a cycle, a never ending cycle that goes on and on, undulating to and fro with each million years that passes. I am king of this planet, because I am a human. i am the lowest form of scumsucking bacteria on this planet, because i am human. I dont need to be a lifeless nobody to prove my life is not worth living. It isnt, not worth a thing no matter what i accomplish. i am man, i am woman, i am animal, i am land, sea, rock, sand, air. I am a vacuum of nothingness thriving upon a solid spherical nothing which in turn is shooting round the the empty black vast expanse of everything.

just like the rest of you.

when will humans learn to accept deviance from the 'human race' is the only way we could possibly ever get closer to who and what we really are.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2007, 06:20:28 PM by B@tfinkV »

Offline Excel1

• Nickel Member
« Reply #56 on: January 01, 2007, 07:43:57 PM »
Originally posted by rpm
True story, altho you may not believe it... A couple weeks ago I went to the bank to get change. I withdrew $8,000 in hundreds. They give me $16,000. The bank has just recently been bought out and switched their cash handling system. Hundreds used to be bundled in $1000 increments, now they are in $2,000 increments. I asked her, "You want to count that one more time?" The color drained from her face when she realised what she had just done.

Now was it honesty or self-preservation that kept me from taking the money? I prefer to think it was honesty because the repercussions of what could happen if I took the money never entered my head. I just saw it was wrong.

Keeping the money may have been dishonest, but you are talking about a bank after all.

If I found a wallet in the street I would contact the owner and get it back to them or hand it in at a cop shop, but if a bank mistakingly gave me too much money I would have no problem walking out their door with it.

If the mistake was theirs, and the thieving bloodsuckers wanted their money back they would have have to ask me for it, which I have no doubt they would.

Offline DiabloTX

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: January 01, 2007, 07:56:01 PM »
This thread has taught me more about the members on this board than the last 4 years of reading all of these posts.

For shame.

RPM, .  

I've always said 99% of the population takes the path of least resistance.  This thread proves it.
"There ain't no revolution, only evolution, but every time I'm in Denmark I eat a danish for peace." - Diablo

storch

« Reply #58 on: January 01, 2007, 08:18:11 PM »
Originally posted by Excel1
Keeping the money may have been dishonest, but you are talking about a bank after all.

If I found a wallet in the street I would contact the owner and get it back to them or hand it in at a cop shop, but if a bank mistakingly gave me too much money I would have no problem walking out their door with it.

If the mistake was theirs, and the thieving bloodsuckers wanted their money back they would have have to ask me for it, which I have no doubt they would.
nope it's not "just a bank" it would have meant someone's job, hell maybe several people's jobs.  would you want that kharma when it revisits you?  not me.  it's always best to do the right thing, it's always better to think about the other guy.  honesty is by far always the best policy.  idiots

Offline VermGhost

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: January 01, 2007, 09:19:39 PM »
when i need a song i'll readily go ahead and burn a copy from a mate rather than buy it from a shop.

How the hell is this theft or illegal, neither of you are using it to gain money...