Author Topic: A New Way Forward In Iraq  (Read 4263 times)

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
A New Way Forward In Iraq
« Reply #30 on: January 11, 2007, 01:22:11 PM »
That would be kitten Yeager ... kitten.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: January 11, 2007, 01:36:17 PM »
Originally posted by Viking
Opinions may differ on that one.

The intent of the American people was unquestionably honorable.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
given a pullout ie retreat, is a victory for the terrorists..
« Reply #32 on: January 11, 2007, 01:37:24 PM »
if we lose in Iraq ie "pullout", we will NEVER win against terrorism as the world will know exactly what it takes to defeat us .. and the sad fact would be that it doesn't take much ...
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #33 on: January 11, 2007, 01:40:25 PM »
Originally posted by oboe
I'm just not seeing blaming the Left for this debacle.   The Dems did not control any branch of govenment during this time.  Toad or Lukster, can you supply concrete examples of how the Left is responsible for the mistakes made that have lead to the current situation?  

I have not indicated the "Left" is responsible for hte mistakes that have led to the current situation. In fact, I think I have clearly faulted Bush and his administration for the current situation in Iraq.

If you think I've said otherwise, please quote what makes you think so and I'll respond.

I DO think the "Left" which in my mind is well-represented by Pelosi, will force a withdrawl from Iraq as fast as they possibly can no matter what effects that action has on the people of Iraq.

Since I believe that to be true, I think it best just to pull out so that no more US troops are lost.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: January 11, 2007, 01:44:22 PM »
Originally posted by oboe
I think the proper role of the press in a democracy is to report the unvarnished truth, period.  You seem to be suggesting that the role of the press is that of a propagandist.      That's a little scary.   Is that right, or do I misunderstand?

if you can't see the slant the media has had against bush and the admin since the 2000 election except for after 9/11 about  90 days 09/2001 - 12/2001, then as you put it "That's a little scary" LOL
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | EVGA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti FTW3 | Vive Pro | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder Pedals

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #35 on: January 11, 2007, 01:46:56 PM »
Originally posted by lukster
MT deserves a more thought out response.  

heh.. not really.

But thanks anyway.

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: January 11, 2007, 01:59:08 PM »
Hi Toad,

From your post above:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The left set out to ensure our failure from the beginning. Was more important to them to see Bush fail than it was for America to succeed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I do think there is some truth to that statement.

Eagler, I don't maintain the media is without slant.   I just think it SHOULD be without slant.

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: January 11, 2007, 01:59:13 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
The intent of the American people was unquestionably honorable.

Again opinions may differ … depending on which part of the American people you refer to. You are not united in this matter.

The intent displayed by this particular American for instance I find disgustingly dishonorable:

Originally posted by Yeager
The presence of WMDs in Iraq as justification for the most recent war were simply a means to an end.  They didnt have to be there, it really didnt matter anyway...hussein was a sunuvabich whos time had come.  

I think the WMD threat had two values.

First value was the obvious one.  Hussein had them in the past, used them in the past and could very well be prepared to have them and use them again.  The evidence, however flawed, "seemed" to suggest this as a likely scenario.

Second value was the silencing effect it had on war critics (aka liberals, peace at ALL costs types...sometimes referred to as morons).  Although it didnt silence them it made them look like fools and it probably was a genuine effect.

All being said and done, using WMDs as a tool to justify war was a valid tactic and employed to great success.

And I hardy think he is alone.

Offline x0847Marine

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: January 11, 2007, 02:27:46 PM »
Originally posted by Toad

Bush blew it, the Republicans blew it. The Democratic wins in Congress have made the situation unrecoverable so...

time to go.

I'd start bringing the troops home today. All of them.

Word. Our so called leaders are too incompetent, and consumed with their petty party differences, to fix this... it was incompetence that got us into Iraq.

To date, the DC crime family drunks have FAILED to prosecute any "war on..." with any modicum of success; the war on drugs is a continuing failure, war on poverty, war on this, war on that...  the war on terrorism will be just another long drawn out expensive Gov FAILURE.

Maybe one day enough people in this country will wake the F up and stop rewarding Repubes and Dems for their legacy of failure.

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: January 11, 2007, 02:32:16 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
ahhh!  viking is gschmoltz lol

thats good to know, what a putz :D

I have to disagree with you here Yeag. If you use the proper yiddish definition of the term "putz" that is a useful item that has a definite biological purpose. Now shultz on the other hand has no utility, biological or otherwise. In short, referring to him as a putz is an insult to the useful putz.

I believe the proper term would be hemorhoid as that biological thing has no useful function whatsoever.
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #40 on: January 11, 2007, 02:34:39 PM »
If you were gshlotz.... you wouldn't admit it either.    It is pretty cowardly tho.

lazs

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2007, 02:37:04 PM »
Another shining example of honorable intentions…

Originally posted by Eagler
we kicked a murdering oppressive dictator's arse ... Iraq and the region are better for it.

let's move on to the next one - we can come up with a reason "why" later - if we really need to ...

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2007, 02:39:03 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
If you were gshlotz.... you wouldn't admit it either.    It is pretty cowardly tho.

lazs

I'm afraid I cannot confirm whether I am Gscholz or not. It would be against the rules laid down by Skuzzy.

However if I was GScholz I would stand by my previous posts. After all … when your Iraq debacle draws to its inevitable conclusion it will be GScholz who can say "I told you so".
« Last Edit: January 11, 2007, 02:41:52 PM by Viking »

Offline Elfie

• Platinum Member
« Reply #43 on: January 11, 2007, 02:51:50 PM »
I'm afraid I cannot confirm whether I am Gscholz or not. It would be against the rules laid down by Skuzzy.

You just did. :D
Corkyjr on country jumping:
In the end you should be thankful for those players like us who switch to try and help keep things even because our willingness to do so, helps a more selfish, I want it my way player, get to fly his latewar uber ride.

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #44 on: January 11, 2007, 02:52:28 PM »
No I didn't! ;)