Author Topic: Clouds  (Read 457 times)

Offline Apeking

• Copper Member
Clouds
« on: January 14, 2007, 10:35:42 AM »
Do all players see the same cloud formations, or are they generated independently on each client machine?

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
Clouds
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2007, 10:38:25 AM »
Oh, good question, I've wondered that myself.  It would really suck if you thought you were hiding in a cloud and you're really hanging out in clear air for everyone else to see.  Sort of a "you can't see me because my eyes are closed" sort of thing.
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
Clouds
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2007, 10:41:36 AM »
Im not sure on this, but as far as I know clouds are built into the terrain and are thus in the same place for everyone. Id think the only "displacement" would be lag - when you are no seen in the same spot on different FEs.

But thats just an educated guess. Maybe someone with Terrain/Cloud Editor knowledge can speak up.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Murdr

• Platinum Member
      • http://479th.jasminemaire.com
Clouds
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2007, 03:36:44 PM »
Offline clouds are built into the terrain.  Clouds on the game server come from the HTC host, so everyone has a consistant view of them online.

Offline Obie303

• Silver Member
Clouds
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2007, 01:09:30 AM »
I was wondering the same thing last week!  I was in an Osti near a port when all of a sudden it appeared a fog bank was moving in!  It was real intense for a while.  Not to mention I was shooting in the fog and hoping to hit a dive bombing Mossie.  

Then again, maybe somebody was lobbing all their smoke grenades right at the port.:confused:

Obie
I have fought a good fight,
I have finished my course,
I have kept the faith.
(quote on a Polish pilot's grave marker in Nottinghamshire, England)

71 (Eagle) Squadron