Author Topic: P51D should be banned ;)  (Read 1904 times)

Offline Jase

• Zinc Member
P51D should be banned ;)
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2001, 02:57:00 PM »
I would rather stick hot pokers in my eyes then fly that boring no turning vultch machine known as the 51.  Hmm, guess that about covers it hehe.

Offline Dingy

• Zinc Member
      • http://www.33rd.org
P51D should be banned ;)
« Reply #31 on: July 11, 2001, 10:27:00 AM »
Originally posted by Urchin:
A p51 that is dumb enough to fight with a 109 or 190 at any altitude under 20kish is a dead p51.

<*chuckle*>

Tee hee..

HAA HAA HAA

BWAAAA HAAAA HAAAAA HAAAAA!!!

ROFL!!!!!!!!!!  :D

<regains composure>

Really now??  :D

-Ding

Offline Higgins

• Zinc Member
P51D should be banned ;)
« Reply #32 on: July 12, 2001, 08:49:00 AM »
Maybe I just got lucky...I do that alot..hehehe.  But I flew the P-51 for the first time yesterday.  I encountered 2 190 on the deck and began turn-pass fighting among both of them.  I was extrememly fortunate that both were together on each pass so I could see both on my screen at the same time.  Now I downed both of them in a D-model, and it seems to turn just as well as the 190.  I was at full throttle, no flaps at deck level.  Maybe it was a spoof but the D-model didn't seem to turn too badly.  

Higgins_Mskt

:rolleyes:

Offline batdog

• Silver Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com/
P51D should be banned ;)
« Reply #33 on: July 12, 2001, 10:10:00 AM »
Okay... now why the heck did you mention me as a hero StSanta? I dont remember flying a 51... but you never know. I seldom if ever fly them. I WILL dive down w/out care to help a team-mate in my poor 38. If did and died thats cool too. Its just anthor series in learning my plane.

xBAT

Edit: Just checked my stats..no 51 flying here this tour or last.

[ 07-12-2001: Message edited by: batdog ]
Of course, I only see what he posts here and what he does in the MA.  I know virtually nothing about the man.  I think its important for people to realize that we don't really know squat about each other.... definately not enough to use words like "hate".

AKDejaVu

Offline Phantom121

• Zinc Member
P51D should be banned ;)
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2001, 11:12:00 AM »
I started this thread to poke a little fun at the runstang drivers (and other BnZ'ers).  It seems to have gathered more attention than I thought. For the record, I am a confirmed Turn n Burn deck fighting fool.  I am not happy unless I am fighting 1 vs 2 or higher. My K/D is usually under .5.
If you want high K/D, boom and zoom seems the way to go, but for me in a game with only "virtual" deaths that would bore me to tears.

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
P51D should be banned ;)
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2001, 12:23:00 PM »
Originally posted by Phantom121:
If you want high K/D, boom and zoom seems the way to go,

Uh yeah, not really. If you aren't very good, BnZ is the way to go.

If you know what you are doing in a fight, you could have a really good kill/death from furballing in a C.205.
-SW

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
P51D should be banned ;)
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2001, 04:04:00 AM »
Originally posted by SWulfe:

Uh yeah, not really. If you aren't very good, BnZ is the way to go.

Yawn...
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline AKSWulfe

• Parolee
  • Gold Member
P51D should be banned ;)
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2001, 08:49:00 AM »
It was in regards to kill/death ratio Spatula.

So yeah. *YAWN* Maybe read the whole thing and understand it before you make a remark without fully understanding the details.
-SW