Author Topic: "But, ya Honna, it was a accidaynt"  (Read 1030 times)

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
      • http://www.redtail.org
"But, ya Honna, it was a accidaynt"
« on: February 02, 2007, 10:14:58 AM »
You gotta be kidding me... :mad:

FORT WORTH, Texas —  A jury in Fort Worth today convicted a man accused of abducting his ex-girlfriend and using a blowtorch and drain cleaner to torture her.

Forty-four-year-old Robert Drew Stephenson was found guilty of aggravated kidnapping, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and retaliation.

Now comes the punishment phase. Stephenson faces up to life in prison.

He was arrested last April after a 42-year-old Fort Worth woman told police he'd beaten, raped and tortured her during the 19 days he held her captive.

The woman said Stephenson hung her by her feet from a rafter, burned her back with a blowtorch, then poured drain cleaner on her.

Stephenson testified the woman's injuries were accidents — and the couple had a "volatile" relationship.

Volatile, ya think?
:huh

Offline Mickey1992

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2007, 12:59:55 PM »
He got life, with no chance of parole for 30 years.  An instance where the justice system worked.  There were other victims as well.

http://www.dfw.com/mld/dfw/news/16606006.htm?source=rss&channel=dfw_news

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2007, 03:36:50 PM »
Yup, I'm pretty sure the good ol' boys down there are fixin to throw this dude a few beatings in the upcoming weeks.

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2007, 04:03:26 PM »
There are some really, really ill people out there. I'm glad one less is free to do any more harm.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
      • HiTech Creations Home Page
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2007, 04:06:16 PM »
He'll be out in 6 months for some reason, and then kill a couple of people and we will all be morally outraged when it happens, then a few days later another ocnviction will occur who will be out early,.....rinse, repeat.

We love to scream in moral outage, and raise our self-righteous voices, but we do not have the nads to do what needs to be done.

EDIT:  Yeah, I am real impressed with our social intolerance of ridding society of scumbags like this one.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2007, 04:11:14 PM by Skuzzy »
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese
support@hitechcreations.com

Offline Red Tail 444

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2007, 04:15:18 PM »
he won;t be out in 6 months, and I'm pretty certain he'll be surrounded by plenty of self righteous, and definitely outrageous, people.

Here's to Texas justice.

Offline VOR

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2007, 04:26:34 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
We love to scream in moral outage, and raise our self-righteous voices, but we do not have the nads to do what needs to be done.

Speak for yourself.

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2007, 04:33:56 PM »
I dunt have to.  I see prisoners released all the time that go and commit the same cirmes, or worse days after they are released.

Heck, we just released a mother who murdered all her children.

There are prisoners who have been on death row for over 30 years.

The Texas justice system is a joke.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Captain Virgil Hilts

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2007, 04:40:23 PM »
I dunt have to.  I see prisoners released all the time that go and commit the same cirmes, or worse days after they are released.

Heck, we just released a mother who murdered all her children.

There are prisoners who have been on death row for over 30 years.

The Texas justice system is a joke.

But it probably isn't much if any worse than anywhere else in the country. Everything you mentioned happens everywhere else, at the same degree, more or less.
"I haven't seen Berlin yet, from the ground or the air, and I plan on doing both, BEFORE the war is over."

SaVaGe

Offline Curval

• Plutonium Member
      • http://n/a
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2007, 04:43:48 PM »
It's hardly limited to Texas.

http://www.rebeccamiddleton.org/

Tony Blair's wife is actually coming here to attempt to get the case revived.  She is the lead legal council on the case.
Some will fall in love with life and drink it from a fountain that is pouring like an avalanche coming down the mountain

Offline Skuzzy

• Support Member
  • Administrator
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2007, 04:45:12 PM »
I only specifically mention the Texas justice system as it is the one I keep tabs on.  I have no knowledge of any other states legal system.

This guy should have gotten death and it should have been carried out immediately.  It is the only way to rid society of this type of vermin.  You keep him alive and he will be appealing till heck won't have it.

And all it will take is one judge to let him go on some technicality, or to over-turn the sentence and grant him parole.  It happens for political reasons more than most people want to hear about.
Roy "Skuzzy" Neese

Offline Wes14

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2007, 05:11:53 PM »
isnt it true in texas u can shoot tresspassers:D :noid ?
Warning! The above post may induce: nausea, confusion, headaches, explosive diarrhea, anger, vomiting, and whining. Also this post may not make any sense, or may lead to the hijack of the thread.

-Regards,
Wes14

Offline Helrazr1

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2007, 06:42:04 PM »

This guy should have gotten death and it should have been carried out immediately.  It is the only way to rid society of this type of vermin.  You keep him alive and he will be appealing till heck won't have it.

reason #2 that I want to move to Texas, are the attitudes that Texans have on things like this.  #1 being the handgun laws:aok

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2007, 07:06:02 PM »
Plz do Hell :)  That would be sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeett

Man, when I saw the subject title I thought that Hitman20 posted it :lol

Yeah Skuzz, we need to do it like in the days of the Texas Judge Roy "The Law West of the Pecos" Bean :D

Skuzz, have you ever been over to see the Court house aka "Saloon"?  It's pretty cool!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roy_Bean
Hitting trees since tour 78