Author Topic: Help Me !  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Help Me !
« Reply #15 on: February 13, 2007, 04:29:10 PM »
here ya go ... unzip this and watch in the AH film viewer.

Watch how the tables turn ...

Roospit vs Lambo on the edge

The double loop at the 1st murge is kinda a no no in a spit 5 ... but ah hell I'm crazy enough to attempt it ...and it almost cost me ..
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Re: Help Me !
« Reply #16 on: February 13, 2007, 05:26:55 PM »
Originally posted by DaChamp687
I've been trying my hardest to get use 2 a certain plane and I just cant seem to get in a grove I'll get 1 or 2 sporadic kills then. I got nothing. I seem to not beable to loose E's off my tail I try everything I know and even try stuff my mind made up as I was in a fight for my life. I have flown the La-7,Spit16,190 series. I cant seem to find the right plane. I also have another basic question. I have a hard time working the flaps to help my turning radius any tips or advice or the trainning area would help. I got use 2 the spit and got decent at it but I cant seem to get myself back to where I was. I like the La-7 but I over shoot I'm over shooting less but not being able to turn casue I cant work my flaps correctly isnt helping and I know its throttle control. I also would like to learn some basic moves on areial moves like flat sisccors exct...... I also need some help adjusting my Joystick I got a St-290Pro. I had to reinstall the game I usally play only in the 8vs8 areas. but my movement is very sporadic I cant remeber how to help it in my setup I live in Wisconsin so if anyone could setup and training session with me it would be greatly appreciated.

Fly the Spitfire Mk IX until you get a firm grasp on the flight model and able to turn without getting into an accelerated stall.  And the Spitfire Mk IX is probably the forgotten champ of the Spitfire family in AH, it's a great all around airplane that is perfect for beginners to cut their teeth on.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Help Me !
« Reply #17 on: February 13, 2007, 10:58:40 PM »
What happened with some is they were able to barrel roll over the top and get behind me. I know not to climb with them the thing is when they do this what would be the correct move to get out of the situation or atleast give me a better chance to escape.

Barrel roll with them then look for an angle.  It's called a rolling scissors.

I know there was just a film posted here in the past few days.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline DaChamp687

• Zinc Member
Help Me !
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2007, 11:57:09 PM »
I've been able to consistanly record 2-6 kill sorties althought if I landed half of them before being shot down a I would do a heck of alot better. I was wondering if u guys have just a couple more tips. I found a couple people that beat me every time. Peekabo and dentin. I also have 1 more Q what would be the best thing to do for someone who stays at a high alt and then capitalises when u get in a dog fight and are concentrating on the guy in front of you.

And Again thanks for all the great tips and help.

Offline Roscoroo

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.roscoroo.com/
Help Me !
« Reply #19 on: February 18, 2007, 12:01:51 AM »
Get a someone to wing with ya ...

And no you cant have my wingie .
Roscoroo ,
"Of course at Uncle Teds restaurant , you have the option to shoot them yourself"  Ted Nugent
(=Ghosts=Scenariroo's  Patch donation

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Help Me !
« Reply #20 on: February 18, 2007, 01:43:01 AM »
I also have 1 more Q what would be the best thing to do for someone who stays at a high alt and then capitalises when u get in a dog fight and are concentrating on the guy in front of you.

If you know he's there when you engage the other guy you've got to keep an eye on him while your fighting the other guy.  It's called situational awareness or SA.

What you describe is one of the most common tactics for wingmen.  One engages you while the other drops onto your six.  They'll also "split" you at co-alt, one taking your left, the other your right.  Whichever you chase the other takes your six.  You have to be aware where both are at all times and break off the first when (actually before) the second drops in.  If you focus on the situation rather than the kill you will stay alive and the kills will come to you.

Once you consistantly regognize wing tactics (obviously there are more than the two mentioned above) and have good SA you can survive a two or even three on one and likely take one or all of them down.

Even if you engage in a one on one you should be checking around you throughout the fight.  Your opponents friends will have a way of showing up when you'd least like them to.

Offline DaChamp687

• Zinc Member
Help Me !
« Reply #21 on: February 18, 2007, 02:59:38 AM »
I see hm break but when I break I get myself in deeper cause then I usally end up getting tripled or have people just wait for me 2 get shotdown and then they will engage. I know this aint right but I usally try to kill the one in front and the try to crash the second by pull high G moves near the ground or fly thorught the hangers or thoose bridge things. Smarts one dont follow but if u get them low and behind u they try. And I play chicken with water towers or tall object if there creepin down my neck or I use throttle control to make them over shoot. But the high G moves usally land me in a bad spot or crashed myself. Cause most wont get as low as I try.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Help Me !
« Reply #22 on: February 18, 2007, 10:13:47 AM »
Like I mentioned earlier, If you've got a good stick on your six the likelyhood of shaking him is low.  In theory, If you've got two or more even averarge sticks on you they should be able to beat you.  In practice you can often turn the tables.

You need to maintain a constant series of turns, loops and rolls preferably reversing from one opponent to the other and your moves need to also be unpredictable.  Many fall into the trap of always turning or rolling to the left for instance, which becomes a predictable move and sets you up for a snapshot or deflection shot.

You'll need to become really good at taking instantaneous snapshots as your opponents cross your nose.  The likelyhood of being able to saddle up on one's six is low and if you find that you're able it's most often because he's setting you up for his friend.

The best advice is not to get yourself into these situations to begin with.  Only get in deep enough where your skills can get you out although I realize that it's sometimes unavoidable.

The best way to get good at this is to practice and die.  I find myself gleefully diving into a pack of 5-10 enemys alone knowing I'm going to die but also anticipating the adrenalin rush that I'm about to experience and if I can take two or three before I go down I've had a great flight.  I've got squad mates and countrymen who question my sanity and hover above the fight or reluctantly join at my urging but I feel it makes me better every time I die doing it and, like I said, its a blast.

Have fun with it.  In time the practice will teach you survival.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2007, 10:16:32 AM by BaldEagl »

Offline DaChamp687

• Zinc Member
Help Me !
« Reply #23 on: February 18, 2007, 08:40:44 PM »
This is my final question I think. If u have a e on your six in the Spit 16 would u A). Use high G's manevurs and turns to make him over shoot B). Climb or C).use speed and try to get some space to make ur moves.

Offline DaChamp687

• Zinc Member
Help Me !
« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2007, 08:44:33 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
Like I mentioned earlier, If you've got a good stick on your six the likelyhood of shaking him is low.  In theory, If you've got two or more even averarge sticks on you they should be able to beat you.  In practice you can often turn the tables.

You need to maintain a constant series of turns, loops and rolls preferably reversing from one opponent to the other and your moves need to also be unpredictable.  Many fall into the trap of always turning or rolling to the left for instance, which becomes a predictable move and sets you up for a snapshot or deflection shot.

You'll need to become really good at taking instantaneous snapshots as your opponents cross your nose.  The likelyhood of being able to saddle up on one's six is low and if you find that you're able it's most often because he's setting you up for his friend.

The best advice is not to get yourself into these situations to begin with.  Only get in deep enough where your skills can get you out although I realize that it's sometimes unavoidable.

The best way to get good at this is to practice and die.  I find myself gleefully diving into a pack of 5-10 enemys alone knowing I'm going to die but also anticipating the adrenalin rush that I'm about to experience and if I can take two or three before I go down I've had a great flight.  I've got squad mates and countrymen who question my sanity and hover above the fight or reluctantly join at my urging but I feel it makes me better every time I die doing it and, like I said, its a blast.

Have fun with it.  In time the practice will teach you survival.

I do that often and usally get 1 and I have alotta fun I only get frustrated when it seem  noone is fight except and me Vs 7 people in a FFA game if I see a group of people I'll gladly join in and prbly get shot down but when everyone is spread out and avoiding everyone is when I get frustrated/

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Help Me !
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2007, 02:02:47 AM »
This is my final question I think. If u have a e on your six in the Spit 16 would u A). Use high G's manevurs and turns to make him over shoot B). Climb or C).use speed and try to get some space to make ur moves.

D).  None of the above.

Most likely I would roll 90 degrees, pull into a reasonably tight turn (WEP off and just before the stall buzzer sounds but this will vary by my judgment of my opponents E), continue my turn into a high yo-yo (or a low yo-yo if alt and E states dictate) and drop (or rise) on(to) his six.

The alternate to this (and also most likely to survive if using) is to roll 90 degrees, break as above and, when he goes by, level out or dive slightly in a straight line away from him (WEP on) seperating for a later turn (a rinse and repeat if he's got more E; a break turn for a merge if he doesn't).  The advantage in this move is that you're already straight and level while your opponent has to turn 180 degrees, losing E while you accelerate away.

Hope that helps.

Offline DaChamp687

• Zinc Member
Help Me !
« Reply #26 on: February 19, 2007, 10:36:17 AM »
Thanks for all the help on this topic guys it has helped me inmprove by miles.

Offline DaChamp687

• Zinc Member
Help Me !
« Reply #27 on: February 24, 2007, 12:51:10 PM »
I have been runnin into countless numbers of Zero's lately and I do okay against them but anyone got any tips that would give me the edge to come out on top. And I've also been told that if u can get one 2 dive with u at high speed they stiffen up quickly and that u can use that to ur advantage is that tip accurate or is there something else I should try ?

Offline Flint

• Copper Member
Help Me !
« Reply #28 on: February 24, 2007, 05:40:42 PM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl
The best way to get good at this is to practice and die.

Ain't that the truth. Flying the best kites in the planeset wont teach you much.

Yet to be mentioned is the F6... this baby will teach you angles, boom and zoom as well as flap use.

But you gotta die .. a lot .. then you begin to get an instinct for certain situations.

Biggest killer of all is situational awareness, again can't really be taught part from never fly straight in combat and if your in on a con chances are someone's in on you!

Offline DaChamp687

• Zinc Member
Help Me !
« Reply #29 on: February 24, 2007, 08:57:30 PM »
That helps alittle but I can alrdy consistainly lnad 2-6kill sorties all day long in my Spit16. Its one fine machine but for some reason I've followed tips from other topics about zeros and I try to out cilmb then and they keep up with me long enough to damage me bad or hurt me enough to float back to earth.