Author Topic: Gang, what Gang??  (Read 1064 times)

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
Gang, what Gang??
« Reply #15 on: February 14, 2007, 11:56:03 AM »
Originally posted by GooseAW
This is typical now. for all sides. I love being the low side. Target rich baabeee!

never seen you on bish side. there was one night ENY was so high for them that bish went rook and we had the cheep 262s i dont get it
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
Gang, what Gang??
« Reply #16 on: February 14, 2007, 11:58:33 AM »
Originally posted by LTARkilz
never seen you on bish side. there was one night ENY was so high for them that bish went rook and we had the cheep 262s i dont get it

Welcome to your turn in the barrel.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Gang, what Gang??
« Reply #17 on: February 14, 2007, 11:58:43 AM »
I was on last night about 1AM CST.  Went Orange and the Bish were down to 5 fields with very few folks in.  So I went Bish and went looking for a fight.  Couldn't really find one.  Surprised me since there were many more Rooks and Knits.  Finally managed to get one kill before landing and deciding to go Blue.

Funny how it worked out as there were tons of Bish in there, more then either Knit or Rook.  

Not indicting the Bish anymore then Knit or Rook cause the pattern seems to be for folks to go where they have the most countrymen, not where the fight is.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
Gang, what Gang??
« Reply #18 on: February 14, 2007, 12:45:50 PM »
I won't say that we ever change sides due to numbers...that's just one of our principals. We did however change home arena to orange because Knights are generally outnumbered there. I'm sure that will swing like it always has. Last night the Knights certainly had numbers by a slight margin and I agree that most the knights were attacking bish. So we moved to the rook front. We much prefer to follow the big RED dar bar as opposed to fllowing the green one. More should look at it that way. I don't understand why the 2 sides with most numbers seem to gang up on the side with the least!

Just the C-HAWKS approach, or mine anyway.

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Gang, what Gang??
« Reply #19 on: February 14, 2007, 01:03:17 PM »
Originally posted by GooseAW
I don't understand why the 2 sides with most numbers seem to gang up on the side with the least!

Pilots looking for easy domination or quick base takes.

I decided to start Country jumping.... whichever side has middle or low numbers, depending on overall situation.  Better perk bonus, cheaper perk rides, easier to find a fight (even if outnumbered), rather than being just one of many chasing a solo plane.  

I did about half a tour steady with each Country, on Blue and Orange, and have seen nothing to rate Country loyalty to any of them.

Offline B@tfinkV

• Platinum Member
Re: Gang, what Gang??
« Reply #20 on: February 14, 2007, 01:31:51 PM »
Originally posted by Trikky
Meanwhile, the few nits who have a shred of self respect, manage to take 3 or 4 off the rooks.

most of the nits that have shreds of self respect dont capture bases.

Originally posted by Trikky

The above pic also shows a small, half hearted attempt by nits to take a base. If they were serious all 4 adjoining sectors would have full dar bars.

as prooved by this attempt to tease bish into a 'furball' with just 'dogfighting' that bish gave the usual lame response of hanging in thier base ack sucking up the odd proxy from the few porkers on nits side.

another blatant example of bish fighting only in defence, where they can land or run to ack right away.

at least the rooks usually get a few fighters up in the middle of the sector with the intent to fight, and not just pork our base with great speed.

albeit at 20k.

the 'gang bang' is caused by two things.

1) extremely un-even sides - this is rare

2) lame defence that turns a furball into a horde with no opposition - this is the most likely cause.

people die in the first 2 on 1 they experience and then log or find another fight, or come in at 30k in a 262.  if all the people whined less and rolled planes more, hordes would not exist.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2007, 01:38:22 PM by B@tfinkV »
 400 yrds on my tail, right where i want you... [/size]

Offline crockett

• Gold Member
Gang, what Gang??
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2007, 02:14:12 PM »
in Blue arena not a single fight between rooks and nits just a non stop pounding from both sides. nits could have rolled on the rooks and when i said something about it what was the smartest answer i could get aka: why when we can sit here and take your bases till you down to three makes it easyer to vulch you>

Umm actually last night I played for a abit and we took 3 bish bases in a row then quit,  and a  few of us that took those bases went and fueballed with the Nits. Some of the others kept hitting Nit's bases.

It's not always about base captures, while I like to cap bases and go on missions, I like to furball just as much. Just because we wern't taking nits bases doesn't mean we wern't fighting them. I think Rooks tend to furball more with the Nits because they haven't been trying to do massive base caps at any given time lately.

However seems as of late the Bish and Rook seem to be at each other pretty hard with base capps. So if Rook isn't attacking Bish heavily, it's the Bish hitting the Rooks hard.
"strafing"

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Gang, what Gang??
« Reply #22 on: February 14, 2007, 04:56:23 PM »
Huh? How can anyone in this thread REALLY believe than there is even one iota of difference between the players that play for one make believe country named after a plastic toy over another!

People are people.  Most of them are pretty decent folks when you meet them in real life.  

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Kweassa

• Platinum Member
Gang, what Gang??
« Reply #23 on: February 14, 2007, 08:07:21 PM »
Huh? How can anyone in this thread REALLY believe than there is even one iota of difference between the players that play for one make believe country named after a plastic toy over another!

That's what I used to think.. before I actually flew for other countries.

People are people. Most of them are pretty decent folks when you meet them in real life.

You're right. But we're not killing each other in real life. We're doing that in the virtual skies.

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
Gang, what Gang??
« Reply #24 on: February 14, 2007, 08:34:24 PM »
ya i would like you to point out one time you have seen me stay behind and cherry pick. sorry i am nota rook cant stand to fly at 15-25k

That's cuz you don't last long enough to get to that alt:D

Offline Anyone

• Copper Member
Gang, what Gang??
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2007, 09:16:48 PM »
Originally posted by Dace
What really bites is that the other arena is totally opposite of that with the Bish doin all the gangin'. You're forced to be the ganger or the gangee.

ouch.... becareful there, speaking the truth is frowned apon in here..... i mean ive been banned 3 times for it......

question is, is hitech doing anything about it, or is this the new healthy style we are suppose to play on now? (the ganger or the gangee game)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Gang, what Gang??
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2007, 09:25:08 PM »
Originally posted by Anyone
ouch.... becareful there, speaking the truth is frowned apon in here..... i mean ive been banned 3 times for it......

question is, is hitech doing anything about it, or is this the new healthy style we are suppose to play on now? (the ganger or the gangee game)

I do like imbalance. Most of my time you can find me in the arena where knits are the ganged ones. A steady stream of targets eager to be shot down, delivered right to my base... hmmmm delicious!
I think I never had so much kills in 163s like in current tour...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
Gang, what Gang??
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2007, 09:36:18 PM »
Time for an Aces High Flashback:

Seven years ago this month was Version 1.0, Patch 3.

Arena balance was an issue discussed on the BBS. :D

Offline Anyone

• Copper Member
Gang, what Gang??
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2007, 11:26:11 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
I do like imbalance. Most of my time you can find me in the arena where knits are the ganged ones. A steady stream of targets eager to be shot down, delivered right to my base... hmmmm delicious!
I think I never had so much kills in 163s like in current tour...

i agree.... ive been "loving" it lately fighting against the odds.... however if im unlucky enough to NOT be able to fly in that arena, i have to fly the other which as knits 2:1:1 on everyone else.

if every plane was perked, then the ENY system would work better.... because the costs would get higher and higher

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Gang, what Gang??
« Reply #29 on: February 15, 2007, 03:49:19 AM »
Those scrren shots say three things to me

1) Inbalance in 1 LW arena affect the other. I actually liked HTC's 3 choice method ......change arena, switch side, wait in tower.

2) "When the cats away the mice will play"  You ain't telling me those win backs were hard fought for.  More like off peak base grabbing on what is essential a GV map.

3) Boot was on the other foot for a change Trikky.