Author Topic: Where do I download the neccessary equipment for skin-making?  (Read 306 times)

Offline Jibbs

• Zinc Member
      • http://aimtoday.com
Where do I download the neccessary equipment for skin-making?
« on: February 15, 2007, 08:20:21 PM »
Schatzi told me a website that I could download the neccessary equipment but, I guess I mispelled it in Google, and I forgot what it is called. Can anyone tell me what the website is?

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 08:43:29 PM »
Well I'm relativly new to skin making, but I never thought there was anything specific you needed.  

What you need basically is an image editing program;  GIMP (which is free and pretty good)  or PhotoShop both work fine.

If you are making the skins for yourself it doesn't really matter what res they are in, but if you are going to submit them to HTC for in-game use then I suggest you read this: Custom Skins

Oh and she might be talking about a skin pack if your looking to download that?

I'm sure other can help you better than I,  but I tried.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2007, 12:02:30 AM »
There's 2 very similar threads going on right now side-by-side. I just posted this so I'll post the exact same thing here as well.

Not listed in my "steps" -- this is optional:

AH Skin Viewer

It's an older version (but it's the most recent one available) so until they get it up-to-date, it will force you to rebuild your cache every time you start up Aces High after using the skin viewer. I've just been using the game for viewing skin progress, but when you need to fine-tune things quickly, the skin viewer really helps.

It just usually stops working right after every patch.

The other thread can be found here. It may or may not answer other questions you have.