Author Topic: hiroshima recreation  (Read 3094 times)

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #15 on: March 05, 2007, 10:05:28 AM »
And to think that bomb is nothing compared to what is available today. Its like volcanos on demand.

~AoM~

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #16 on: March 05, 2007, 10:48:57 AM »
I didn't feel guilt when I unloaded my 12 gauge into someone trying to break into my home and I sure as hell don't feel guilt about making people glow who attacked my country.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
Re: hiroshima recreation
« Reply #17 on: March 05, 2007, 10:49:59 AM »
Originally posted by JB88
cgi recreation of atom bomb over hiroshima.  

commentary:  well done.  horrifying to consider.

Horrifying?  No.  Beautiful.

It's beautiful to see how extreme violence and total destruction can break a culture and that culture's back bone.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #18 on: March 05, 2007, 10:59:55 AM »
The Japanese culture was not broken, only their aggression.  Believe it or not I have a lot of respect for the Japanese people, then and now.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

Member DFC

Offline lasersailor184

• Plutonium Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #19 on: March 05, 2007, 11:15:47 AM »
Originally posted by Xargos
The Japanese culture was not broken, only their aggression.  Believe it or not I have a lot of respect for the Japanese people, then and now.

And this ladies and gentlemen, shows that those who do not study history, are doomed to repeat it.

Before the atomic bomb was dropped, the emperor was a god.  If he told you to do something, you do it lest risk dishonoring your family.  

When the bombs were dropped, the emperor had to come onto public radio (unheard of at the time), claim that he wasn't a god (even more rediculous), and that it wasn't worth the lives of any more japanese to keep fighting.  The last part drove a splinter so deep through the japanese, that some people continued to fight for years after.

Two bombs flipped an entire culture on it's head.  Two bombs broke the japanese spirit and culture.
Punishr - N.D.M. Back in the air.
8.) Lasersailor 73 "Will lead the impending revolution from his keyboard"

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #20 on: March 05, 2007, 11:19:11 AM »
I didn't feel guilt when I unloaded my 12 gauge into someone trying to break into my home and I sure as hell don't feel guilt about making people glow who attacked my country.

Iceman?

Offline cav58d

• Gold Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #21 on: March 05, 2007, 11:21:41 AM »

Did you get a Kill or Assist?
<S> Lyme

Sick Puppies II

412th Friday Night Volunteer Group

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #22 on: March 05, 2007, 11:27:00 AM »
:rofl

that's wrong on sooooo many levels.

wroooooooong.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #23 on: March 05, 2007, 12:55:41 PM »
If the Japanese culture was so broken why are they dominating our economy now?  They are still as proud as they were 60 years ago.  And they still have not apologized for what they did to our GI's, as far as I know .

The only thing I found the next day was some blood in the woods, never found a body and the cops never came to my door.  I had chased him to the edge of the woods the night before but was  unwilling to enter because I was blinded by the flash and deafened by the sound of the 12 gauge.  I never saw him roaming around my sheds or house again at 3 in the morning.:D
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

Member DFC

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #24 on: March 05, 2007, 12:56:59 PM »

Ok, but then why did you feel you had to defend the Hiroshima bombing by posting a link to atrocities done by the Japanese? (As if two wrongs make a right.)

Offline midnight Target

• Plutonium Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #25 on: March 05, 2007, 12:58:39 PM »
So there were most likely no reporters asking stupid questions and pesky press coverage of the incident either.

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2007, 01:04:18 PM »
You "unloaded" your shotgun...

The only thing I found the next day was some blood in the woods, never found a body and the cops never came to my door.  I had chased him to the edge of the woods the night before but was  unwilling to enter because I was blinded by the flash and deafened by the sound of the 12 gauge.  I never saw him roaming around my sheds or house again at 3 in the morning.:D

So ... are you a lousy shot?

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #27 on: March 05, 2007, 01:09:52 PM »
In my opinion, the use of atomics against the empire of Japan was justified.

The neat thing is, at least in this case, history supports my opinion :aok
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #28 on: March 05, 2007, 01:14:55 PM »
I know that Hiroshima was devastating.. i know that it was unique in the fact that an atomic weapon was used and it was a single bomb which did so much damage.

But the firebombing campaign by the B-29's did much more destruction in single raids.  The raid on Tokyo killed over 70,000 people.

I don't know why the focus is always on the Hiroshima bomb whereas the firebombing campaign quite often goes unmentioned.

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
hiroshima recreation
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2007, 01:16:33 PM »
Originally posted by Yeager
In my opinion, the use of atomics against the empire of Japan was justified.

The neat thing is, at least in this case, history supports my opinion :aok

I am not disagreeing with you.

But there is also the argument that the Japanese surrender was in a bigger part down to the Soviet Union joining the war in the Pacific and the Japanese getting annihilated in the Manchuria campaign.