Author Topic: Do you consider this acceptable?  (Read 4205 times)

Offline nexus69

• Copper Member
      • http://www.708th.com
Do you consider this acceptable?
« on: March 08, 2007, 11:56:23 AM »
Do you consider acceptable that  half of a squad goes to the rooks side and the other half goes bishop.  Just so they can annihilate the Knights, and their CO considers this side balancing.

Before the flaming, smart bellybutton remarks and witted statements start flying.

All I want to know is, if anyone else finds this acceptable, normal. etc....

Disclaimer:
The use ,reference, order and example of country names is pure unintentional

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2007, 12:02:06 PM »
We might ask you the same question........do you find it acceptable behavior?   What does the squad get for winning the map?  I think it's 25 perks.  I got 108 perks yesterday for two sorties in an f4u-1.  One might ask you, if you do find their behavior unacceptable, "Why is it unacceptable and how does it negatively affect you?":aok

Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Airscrew

• Platinum Member
Re: Do you consider this acceptable?
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2007, 12:02:49 PM »
Originally posted by nexus69
All I want to know is, if anyone else finds this acceptable, normal. etc....

I think the question is "does anyone care?"

Offline VERTEX

• Copper Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2007, 12:10:20 PM »
Originally posted by SkyRock
We might ask you the same question........do you find it acceptable behavior?   What does the squad get for winning the map?  I think it's 25 perks.  I got 108 perks yesterday for two sorties in an f4u-1.  One might ask you, if you do find their behavior unacceptable, "Why is it unacceptable and how does it negatively affect you?":aok

Mark

Who was the squad mate of yours who kept letting you kill him?

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2007, 12:12:14 PM »
Originally posted by VERTEX
Who was the squad mate of yours who kept letting you kill him?

What?!!!:huh   You got me mixed up with a Blue Knight or Husky01!:eek:

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline KINGcobra

• Zinc Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2007, 12:14:27 PM »
all

who really cares if people switch sides,if the squads C.O is cool with it your not going to stop that person and or squad to come over when ever they want to.It's their $15 a month and you cant stop them from doing what they want to do in the game with it.

my 0.2cents :noid

Offline KINGcobra

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2007, 12:17:19 PM »
If they want to change countries to get perks.Or to milkrun and get caps they can do that as long as their not breaking the rules it's fine with with me...if you dont like that person on your side.dont talk to him or go to another arena...

stop crying about it :cry

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2007, 12:20:10 PM »
WHO DARES TRY TO MAKE THIS GAME MORE FUN?!?!? z0MG KILL TEH TRADERS AND SPYES!!11!!!ONE!
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2007, 12:21:22 PM »
Seems ok to me if that is what they are into.   Not sure how you gain an advantage by splitting your squad between two sides though.  Just divides your forces.

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2007, 12:23:24 PM »
squads have to be able to work together somehow.  nothing wrong with it.
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline sax

• Gold Member
      • http://www.13thtas.com
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2007, 12:30:09 PM »
This is as useless as whining on 200 .

It's a game and I salute any squad or player that plays
to have fun .

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2007, 12:35:47 PM »
As an aside, does anyone remember the whining the first times the AK switched sides? It's kind of funny (but mostly pathetic) that people are still whining about this.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline nexus69

• Copper Member
      • http://www.708th.com
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2007, 12:50:05 PM »
See Rules #4, #5
« Last Edit: March 08, 2007, 04:42:24 PM by Skuzzy »

Offline DaPup

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2007, 01:00:10 PM »
Too many people have a percieved loyalty to one side, if more people changed sides to help out number imbalances it would help to make the game more fun for all.

I have no problem with them changing sides like you state, would it have been better if they had stayed on the same country and ganged up the knights? It doesn't seem like it would have made any difference either way.

I'm loyal to my squad but if I'm on a different side and they get in my sights I'm going to take the shot, as they will attest to. Does that make me less of a squaddie or just someone who tries to even out the odds to make the game better for everyone?

It makes no sense that they would have changed for the perks from reset since only half went to another country.

Offline DREDger

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2007, 01:00:20 PM »
For those that think that I was whining, please re-read the original post and grow up.

Didn't seem like whining to me, just asking a question.

People like to switch country sides periodically, sometimes so they are on disadvantaged teams to find action quickly...a myriad of reasons really.

As far as a squad going to rook/knit to gang up on bish, I just don't see it making all that much difference.  Not to mention is wouldn't be nearly as affective as all staying in one country, then hording against whatever target.

If you think that is a problem though, consider these scenerios.

1.  A squad member goes to the enemy team to warn main squad body of CV locations, or when/where mission ups from.

2.  A squad memeber goes to enemy team, does a dot wingman on a hated opponent, then relays info to the rest of squad...ie,  so 'n so just took off from A24 in an typhie headed northwest.

There isn't any way to stop such activity, and it doesn't even have to be squads.  I have a brother who plays, and he has a cell phone as well, one could communicate info like that as well, independent of cross country text.

I think the only thing that prevents it is it just isn't all that much fun and takes a good deal of effort...most just want to up for a couple hours, shoot some bullets, then go do yard work or chores..hehe.