Author Topic: HO or Ram-that is the question  (Read 480 times)

Offline SPIKER

• Copper Member
HO or Ram-that is the question
« on: March 13, 2007, 11:47:08 PM »
The difference between a HO (Head On) and a Ram

We hit and he goes down or we hit and I go down (both happend within 4 min.)

Some people can’t tell the difference.  
If a fellow states he will HO in a heartbeat but will not ram.

The fellow should understand that if he doesn’t break up, down, right or left and expecting the other fellow to break off,  

the out come will be that he survives and say’s "that was a good HO run" or he goes down and starts typing stuff like "can’t you find anything other to do than ram".

I could hear his mommy yelling "quit kicking the computer"!

Let me ask

What would be a good distance to break off following his rules of engagment and not be considered a rammer, 10 feet?

I always try to avoid a head on and to see a young man cry like that was the kicker, I will always be the one to break off now at least 1k out.  

Good huntin
Spiker

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2007, 12:17:21 AM »
Be careful not to break too early or you will invite him to swing in behind you. Try not going completely HO. Come around 3/4s of the way and make him try for a really tuff shot, then come back around on him. Hes usually out of position.

~AoM~

Offline REP0MAN

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2007, 12:26:56 AM »
Its like playing chicken in with airplanes of 1's and 0's.
Apparently, one in five people in the world are Chinese. And there are five people in my family, so it must be one of them. It's either my mum or my dad. Or my older brother, Colin. Or my younger brother, Ho-Chan-Chu. But I think it's Colin. - Tim Vine.

Offline Schatzi

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.slowcat.de
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 06:18:12 AM »
Maybe thats what you mean with "break", but the best way to avoid a HO is to "duck under" and a little to one side of your opponents path. That has three avdantages:

He will have to push nose down, negative Gs to go for a shot... if you force him to KEEP those Gs near redout, hell have little to no chance getting enough lead to land hits.

You gain enough separation to lead (early) turn the guy. By the time hes blinked after missing his HO pass, hell already have you right behind him, going for shot position.

Hes on his way down on merge... gaining speed fast. Youre on the way up, slowing and turning already. Gives you both - an angles advantage and the tighter turn radius.

Come by the TA once in a while. Any Trainer can help you with learning to avoid the HO and turn it into your advantage.
21 is only half the truth.

Offline Speed55

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2007, 09:39:20 AM »
Ram the Ho.. but double bag it.
"The lord loves a hangin', that's why he gave us necks." - Ren & Stimpy

Ingame- Ozone

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2007, 10:54:38 AM »
Yesterday I was rammed by a zeke and got system message stating "insert name" has collided with you.

immediately following that mesage "you have been shot down by "insert name"".

I think in order to stop the ram dweebs the person doing the ramming should be the one killed if not both, and nobody gets the kill. Would make them think twice about flying into someone.
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2007, 10:56:31 AM »
Originally posted by 68Ripper
Yesterday I was rammed by a zeke and got system message stating "insert name" has collided with you.

I think in order to stop the ram dweebs the person doing the ramming should be the one killed if not both, and nobody gets the kill. Would make them think twice about flying into someone.
:rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2007, 11:06:42 AM »

After all the posts on this subject, this reply is simply pathetic.

Delete this comment if you like Skuzzy, but it's true!

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2007, 11:21:01 AM »
And why is it pathetic?? And who are you to determine what should be deleted and what should not? It's just my opinion, last i recall you are allowed to give your opinion as long as it wasn't putting someone in paticular down.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2007, 11:26:29 AM by 68Ripper »
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2007, 11:30:15 AM »
And why is it pathetic?? And who are you to determine what should be deleted and what should not? It's just my opinion, last i recall you are allowed to give your opinion as long as it wasn't putting someone in paticular down.

Why Ram whines are pathetic.

Tangle's external from his front end the moment of impact.

Same basic angle external, tangle's view from my front end moment of impact.

How would you feel taking damage looking at your film and seeing tangles front end view, hmmmmmm?

I know I'd be pretty POed.

This also works nicely for the "none should take damage" people.

Yea I should be able to put the nose of my ac through another.:furious :furious :furious :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And he said for Skuzzy to delete HIS post  if offensive.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Clifra Jones

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2007, 11:33:22 AM »

The delete comment was in regards to my post not yours The pathetic comment was in regards to your post.

Post after post after post on this subject and you still show a complete ignorance of the subject, that is what is so pathetic. This is not a personal attack because you prove it with your words.  This has been explained with words and PICTURES yet you still fail to comprehend.

Offline 4deck

• Silver Member
      • (+) Precision
I have the solution
« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2007, 02:57:51 PM »
I have the final solution to the Ho Ram thing.

110 convergence set to 650, if you see me coming at you, from 2k out do not turn into me. I will start shooting 1k out. Thats the end of the HO, I am on a mission.:aok
Forgot who said this while trying to take a base, but the quote goes like this. "I cant help you with ack, Im not in attack mode" This is with only 2 ack up in the town while troops were there, waiting. The rest of the town was down.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2007, 02:58:52 PM »
Originally posted by Bronk
Why Ram whines are pathetic.

Tangle's external from his front end the moment of impact.

Same basic angle external, tangle's view from my front end moment of impact.

How would you feel taking damage looking at your film and seeing tangles front end view, hmmmmmm?

I know I'd be pretty POed.

This also works nicely for the "none should take damage" people.

Yea I should be able to put the nose of my ac through another.:furious :furious :furious :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

And he said for Skuzzy to delete HIS post  if offensive.

Bronk

Hmmmmm letting a pink spitty sniff ur but......:rofl :rofl :rofl

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2007, 03:01:31 PM »
Originally posted by morfiend
Hmmmmm letting a pink spitty sniff ur but......:rofl :rofl :rofl

LOL

The pink Mk IX spit is the prettiest one.
Why fly any other. :D

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline quintv

• Copper Member
« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2007, 03:05:21 PM »
I don't even fire my guns anymore, I just go around trying to smash into people.