Author Topic: .  (Read 1856 times)

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Leaving
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2007, 02:46:34 PM »
I assume HT & Co. can pull text logs from that moment in time and make the final decision--I was under the impression that the 'report' thing just gave them a time/date flag to hunt for?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline FALCONWING

• Silver Member
Leaving
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2007, 02:52:46 PM »
Thats what i thought bj229...but it turns out that if enough people chat report you around the same time, there is some automatic feature to it...hence the ability to abuse it....

But lets say a group of pilots did it to me...then the next day i would call HTC and ask them to review the issue..if i was wronged then they would reinstate my privileges...and my understanding is that the "wrath" of hitech would come down on those who "falsely" reported me...:t
SECRET ANTI-BBS BULLY CLUB

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
Leaving
« Reply #17 on: March 18, 2007, 02:55:22 PM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING
Thats what i thought bj229...but it turns out that if enough people chat report you around the same time, there is some automatic feature to it...hence the ability to abuse it....

But lets say a group of pilots did it to me...then the next day i would call HTC and ask them to review the issue..if i was wronged then they would reinstate my privileges...and my understanding is that the "wrath" of hitech would come down on those who "falsely" reported me...:t

What's you cpid?....no reason....
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Leaving
« Reply #18 on: March 18, 2007, 03:30:31 PM »
Originally posted by FALCONWING

Exactly.   My favorite is those that DO report other's, are usually MORE VULGAR, and do a damn good job of deflecting attention off of themselves.

It just happened to me, and they were even "gloating".   What made it funnier is that 1/2 of them logged off right after.    Nothing like reporting an "unjust person" and then "acting even worse than the person you reported."  

Only people I report are the racists, bigots, and foul mouthed tards (one or two words, I can live with, but some folks cuss excessively).    Anything else, is trying to "inject a holier than thou" or "pretentious" attitude.    I hear more cussing on vox, than text, and just laugh at this fact.    

Also, I've explained in DETAIL to folks what happened, and they are now aware, and laughing just as much as myself because it was petty.    But then again, I'm not a petty person, so I just laugh it off.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2007, 03:54:53 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Knite

• Silver Member
Leaving
« Reply #19 on: March 18, 2007, 03:47:23 PM »
=(

Always have, and always will enjoying flying with you TB.
Knite

39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"

I'm basically here to lower the 39th's score :P

Offline BlauK

• Platinum Member
      • http://www.virtualpilots.fi/LLv34/
Leaving
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2007, 05:10:21 PM »
I still keep on wondering why there is a thing like chan 200 :rolleyes:

I hardly ever tune it, talking with country mates is quite enough. Doing some occasional private chat with a polite enemy also works fine.

What is the chan 200 good for? Anything that could not be done here at the bbs after the fight?

... just wondering :)

BlauKreuz - Lentolaivue 34      

Offline Ball

• Silver Member
Leaving
« Reply #21 on: March 18, 2007, 05:20:16 PM »
By reading the replies i guess that people have been reporting you to get you muted?

I had a case where a certain little squeaker squad (i wont mention names) kept abusing it to get me muted after i killed them.

I reported it to HTC and i know that they take it very seriously.  It may be a coincidence but i never saw the main culprit online again under that handle.

Offline Gianlupo

• Platinum Member
Leaving
« Reply #22 on: March 18, 2007, 06:50:33 PM »
TB, I hope you won't leave... don't give up, bro, there are not only haters around and the game is still worth it. Think again about it! :)
Live to fly, fly to live!

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
Leaving
« Reply #23 on: March 18, 2007, 07:39:18 PM »
After finding out how TB got bounced,I'm even more aggravated.If we must have a channel 200,at least have the moderators be more consistent.I'm going to log on for my friendly Sunday night flight,and I can guarantee you if I tune to 200...I usually don't..that I will be greeted by the same old cesspool of of ego damaged twits using their sewers to bash someone that just dispatched them.Politics,religion,sex,drugs and on and on it goes,nothing is safe from the dregs that make 200 the channel of foul,obscene,insult laden tripe,with a few thrown in by the more amiable players.
Iron Dog

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Leaving
« Reply #24 on: March 18, 2007, 08:26:48 PM »
See Rules #4, #5
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 06:36:21 AM by Skuzzy »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
Leaving
« Reply #25 on: March 18, 2007, 09:15:35 PM »

20 rusty pesos says he doesn't go anywhere.
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
Leaving
« Reply #26 on: March 18, 2007, 09:25:07 PM »
Originally posted by Skuzzy
If you have knowledge of it being abused and are not reporting it, then you are just as guilty as the abusers, as far as I am concerned.

We take this very seriously.

If the system got TB "sanctioned" then I can tell you with 99.98% certainty its being abused. I cant EVER recall TB initiating or even responding in a manner that would warrant any type of "moderation". I cant even recall a "whine" much less a tirade. I'd love to hear from anyone who was on at the time...I recognize we all have our moments so I'll hold that %.02 out....but he's one of the few whos got the skillz without the mouth:aok

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Leaving
« Reply #27 on: March 18, 2007, 09:45:27 PM »
TB I hope you change your mind dude :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline BiGBMAW

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Leaving
« Reply #28 on: March 19, 2007, 12:17:40 AM »
See Rule #5
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 06:37:33 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Gloves

• Nickel Member
Leaving
« Reply #29 on: March 19, 2007, 07:18:21 AM »
TB,

The first month away is the hardest.  However, the uncontrollable shakes do subside after about week 2.  Be wary of 'Dogfights' on the History channel as it causes flashbacks.   :D

Glove