Author Topic: Triple Buffs Should GO  (Read 9496 times)

Offline SirLoin

• Platinum Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2007, 12:09:21 AM »
Originally posted by Karnak
The guns from the three bombers converge at 500 yards, not at the target.

The guns on a single buff do not converge at all.

Somehow I doubt SirLoin will ever open this thread and read this though, as nobody ever seems to listen to it.

Pffft..
**JOKER'S JOKERS**

Offline BiGBMAW

• Parolee
  • Copper Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2007, 12:09:54 AM »
KEEP THE FORMATIONS...........!!!!!!!!!!!

and whaaaa..buffs blew up my tonka toys!!

Offline Xargos

• Platinum Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2007, 12:11:21 AM »
Go back to the old bomb site.  That's all, carry on.
Jeffery R."Xargos" Ward

"At least I have chicken." 
Member DFC

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2007, 12:13:34 AM »
Even with the guns like they are now I s**k as a buff gunner (althogh some out there are very good at it).  On the other hand I RULE as a buff killer and it gives me 3 times the number of targets :)

As to bombing I usually fly Lancs at over 20K and set my drop to the number I need to take down the target as though I was in only one plane (i.e. if the target calls for 3000 lbs I set my drop for 3 1000 lb bombs).  I rarely miss that way and still seem to score just fine.  I do wish they went back to the old calibration method though.  This one is just TOO easy.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline ghi

• Gold Member
Re: Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #34 on: March 19, 2007, 12:22:19 AM »
Originally posted by Zanth
Formation of 3 bombers was added to allow for inaccuracy of new bomb site.  You already know where I am going , I will not insult you intelligence further.

the fighters should have formation option also,
 Vulch, Ho and run in 3 x LA7s,
and  never die like "Highlander"!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 12:25:01 AM by ghi »

Offline Oleg

• Silver Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #35 on: March 19, 2007, 02:34:36 AM »
Bombers need some tweaking for sure. Perking formations would be easiest solution (not best though).

Complex calibration was nice (way too inaccurate imho, but still nice). However many bombers was prefer to dive-bomb with heavies or to fly at sea-level instead of learning how to calibrate. That was worster than easy calibration we have now, imho.

There are some fixes i would like to see:
- Limit speed of drones to cruising or slightly above.
- Allow bomb drop only from level flight or very shallow dive.
- Count only direct bomb hits for ships. Near misses can kill soft guns though.
- May be increase bomb dispersion, its too negligible imho.

Leave guns alone, they are far from "lasers" and bombers are easy kills already.
"If you don't like something, change it. If you can't change it, change your attitude. Don't complain."
Maya Angelou

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #36 on: March 19, 2007, 02:47:21 AM »
Yeah, i always wounderd how a plane pushing - G's can drop a bomb out of a bay.

...wouldnt the bomb stick inside while the bomber/fighter dives. untill the g's would return to normal on the bomb,thus it would then fall down/out?:huh

Funky.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #37 on: March 19, 2007, 04:41:00 AM »
In any of the big bombers, if it's not in level flight, the bombs should not be armed.  That would prevent them from glide bombing targets.

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #38 on: March 19, 2007, 05:01:03 AM »
The buff formations will stay.

Hunting them in fun and gets you up and away from the furballing spit16 quake HO'ing squeakers that buzz around at treetop level.

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #39 on: March 19, 2007, 05:03:40 AM »
From a fighter perspective if you take the time to do it right bombers are easy kills.....very easy.    Last TOD I killed 130+ b24 to just 11 losses to 24's.  Bombers are perk points waiting to happen.
If you do it wrong then you'll moan about laser guns, one man one plane, warping drones and how :rolleyes: fast they are.  

From a bombers perspective any fighter slow to merge is going to A) Die or B) Leave smoking and or pilot wounded.  You do have to lead your aim and maintaining hit sprites on the faster fighters.
Bombing is a joke.    I have bombed a City to 96 % flat with 1 set of Lancs at 20k.  That's right folks...just 6% was remaining after 4 passes.  It's way to easy and I would love to see the older method return.  A method where you had to set salvo's and delays.  Where you had to "think" just a little and I mean just a little.  Anyone still remember the salvo / delay settings for hitting a town ?

AH2 towns are much larger than AH1 towns that had just 21 structures.  I think that's why we now have formations.  I believe the  simpler aiming method was to encourage folk to actually use bombers like :rolleyes: level bombers.  However, gaming bombers are more the nintendo norm these days, it's endemic and cannot be purged without HTC remodeling.

Oh PS...this topic has been done to death in the past.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2007, 05:15:18 AM by LYNX »

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #40 on: March 19, 2007, 05:08:01 AM »
I would like it if the bombs from buffs didnt arm if you dropped them below 5 or maybe even 10k.

Buff formations belong up high with me and my A8 as company :).

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #41 on: March 19, 2007, 07:12:33 AM »
Mentionning warping drones does not help the credibility of arguing against formations.
Warping drones give you more time to set up the next pass.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline bozon

• Platinum Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #42 on: March 19, 2007, 07:23:17 AM »
Formations are important. They prevent buffs from "dogfighting" or doing silly manuvers and so fly more historicly like.

The only problem with formations is that they don't need to carpet bomb. Since the full manual calibration has been replace with the semi-auto version, any buff that has not been taken off course can achieve pin-point accuracy. I've seen some players deck a field with one (3 of the entire formation) bomb per gun.

A small random error in the auto-calibration or greater bomb scatter is required. It may represent actual accuracy limit of calibration or effects such as wind sheers and bomb instability due to turbulance. The current accuracy is better than what can be done with a modern fighter dropping a GP bomb, in a dive.
Mosquito VI - twice the spitfire, four times the ENY.

Click!>> "So, you want to fly the wooden wonder" - <<click!
the almost incomplete and not entirely inaccurate guide to the AH Mosquito.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RGOWswdzGQs

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #43 on: March 19, 2007, 07:50:24 AM »
Originally posted by moot
Mentionning warping drones does not help the credibility of arguing against formations.
Warping drones give you more time to set up the next pass.

shoot the buff and another drone jumps in it's place, warping and twisting all over the place is cheesy!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Triple Buffs Should GO
« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2007, 08:07:27 AM »
Anyone know exactly when we got formations?
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech