Author Topic: ww2 players wondering  (Read 2156 times)

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
ww2 players wondering
« Reply #30 on: April 04, 2007, 08:14:36 AM »
Originally posted by Kten
Last time i checked a 10pm start was not primetime. I guess it depends what fantasy land you live in

Nice guy.

Looks like another one for the ch200 squelch list....
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Kten

• Zinc Member
      • www.78th.org
ww2 players wondering
« Reply #31 on: April 04, 2007, 08:33:34 AM »
I try my best
Kten78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
ww2 players wondering
« Reply #32 on: April 04, 2007, 09:43:11 AM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
....I hear submarines are coming tho                :O
In two weeks... :D

Seriously thought, I tried WWII online for a while. The problem? There really isn't a sense of community behind it.  Here? I can listen to guys engage tanks, talk about bombing runs, and generally get a sense of the atmosphere going on in the arena.

In WWIIOnline, all I hear are the voices in my head ... "use the force fork.... uuuuuse the fooooooorce"
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
ww2 players wondering
« Reply #33 on: April 04, 2007, 03:19:30 PM »
When prime time is

The generally accepted times considered to be traditional prime time are 8:01 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.Eastern and Pacific and 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Central and Mountain Monday–Saturday.

* On Sundays, prime time begins an hour earlier, at 7:00 p.m. Eastern and Pacific and 6:00 p.m. Central and Mountain, ending at the same time as on the other six days of the week. Note that for cable networks, such as USA, TBS, and ABC Family, prime time is 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. all seven days of the week.
    * With the addition of newer networks such as FOX, The CW, and MyNetworkTV, they're now considered a common prime separate from traditional prime. Common prime is 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Eastern and Pacific and 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Central and Mountain Monday–Saturday, beginning an hour earlier on Sundays as with traditional prime.
    * Before the FCC regulated time slots prior to prime time in the early 1970s, networks began programming at 7:30 on weeknights. For a historical look at prime time, see History of TV Prime Time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primetime

See ya at tonights "Primetime" Wednesday Night Snapshot 10PM EST
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline Trukk

• Nickel Member
ww2 players wondering
« Reply #34 on: April 04, 2007, 04:27:38 PM »
Originally posted by Brooke
The WWIIOL world looks more realistic (it does have nice-looking clouds)

Huh  The terrain is nicer in WWIIOL (what you can see of it through the smog), but the aircraft and clouds are way better in Aces High.

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
ww2 players wondering
« Reply #35 on: April 04, 2007, 06:51:49 PM »
Originally posted by Nefarious
When prime time is

The generally accepted times considered to be traditional prime time are 8:01 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.Eastern and Pacific and 7:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Central and Mountain Monday–Saturday.

* On Sundays, prime time begins an hour earlier, at 7:00 p.m. Eastern and Pacific and 6:00 p.m. Central and Mountain, ending at the same time as on the other six days of the week. Note that for cable networks, such as USA, TBS, and ABC Family, prime time is 8:00 p.m. to 11:00 p.m. all seven days of the week.
    * With the addition of newer networks such as FOX, The CW, and MyNetworkTV, they're now considered a common prime separate from traditional prime. Common prime is 8:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m. Eastern and Pacific and 7:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m. Central and Mountain Monday–Saturday, beginning an hour earlier on Sundays as with traditional prime.
    * Before the FCC regulated time slots prior to prime time in the early 1970s, networks began programming at 7:30 on weeknights. For a historical look at prime time, see History of TV Prime Time

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primetime

See ya at tonights "Primetime" Wednesday Night Snapshot 10PM EST

Now enters reality. You have to get up at 4-6:00 AM and be expected to produce at work the next day. Although you could take your chances and explain to your boss that you had to fly an event in a video game the night before that didnt end untill 12:00- 1:00Am , and that why your arse is dragging. i'm sure he'll understand. :lol

Seriously, I realize a lot of you official CM dudes are Pac NW, and your events look very interesting, but dont expect to see a lot of right coasters when they start so late. Imho, you are missing out on a large audience. No biggie I guess HARM is growing. :)

Debdenboys.comAdministrator

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
ww2 players wondering
« Reply #36 on: April 04, 2007, 06:53:56 PM »
Originally posted by Trukk
Huh  The terrain is nicer in WWIIOL (what you can see of it through the smog), but the aircraft and clouds are way better in Aces High.

Agreed. But honestly some things in WWIIOL on the ground look "limited" for a lack of a better term. Probably the aged game engine/graphics.

Offline Vulcan

• Plutonium Member
ww2 players wondering
« Reply #37 on: April 04, 2007, 07:59:43 PM »
Originally posted by blkmgc
Now enters reality. You have to get up at 4-6:00 AM and be expected to produce at work the next day. Although you could take your chances and explain to your boss that you had to fly an event in a video game the night before that didnt end untill 12:00- 1:00Am , and that why your arse is dragging. i'm sure he'll understand. :lol

Seriously, I realize a lot of you official CM dudes are Pac NW, and your events look very interesting, but dont expect to see a lot of right coasters when they start so late. Imho, you are missing out on a large audience. No biggie I guess HARM is growing. :)

Seriously dude, I live in GMT+12, some of the events are at some really odd hours but I have no problems making them or getting up for work the next day if need be.

Incidentally most nights I don't hit the sack til 1am anyway. Harden up.

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
ww2 players wondering
« Reply #38 on: April 04, 2007, 08:12:13 PM »
Originally posted by Vulcan
Seriously dude, I live in GMT+12, some of the events are at some really odd hours but I have no problems making them or getting up for work the next day if need be.

Good for you. But realize, some jobs require more than others. Either way, its no biggie. Theres plenty to do on squad night, and thats all that really matters.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
ww2 players wondering
« Reply #39 on: April 04, 2007, 08:30:08 PM »
Agreed. But honestly some things in WWIIOL on the ground look "limited" for a lack of a better term. Probably the aged game engine/graphics.

Are they still using OpenGL as their graffics engine?

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
ww2 players wondering
« Reply #40 on: April 04, 2007, 08:55:55 PM »

FSO man, FSO.

Offline Tango

• Silver Member
      • http://www.simpilots.org/
ww2 players wondering
« Reply #41 on: April 04, 2007, 09:54:15 PM »
Originally posted by Vulcan

One thing I've noticed playing this game is that there seems to be an older player base. If so then I assure you the majority of them are married and have jobs that prevent them from staying up late at night waiting for events.

There should be some scheduled abit earlier for those that have lives.
Tango78
78th Razorbacks
Historical Air Combat Group

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
ww2 players wondering
« Reply #42 on: April 04, 2007, 10:39:12 PM »
I played ww2ol for yrs. Finally got sick of waiting for it to get better.

~AoM~

Offline Charge

• Gold Member
ww2 players wondering
« Reply #43 on: April 05, 2007, 03:30:57 AM »
http://forums.battlegroundeurope.com/showthread.php?t=157347

Well, it seems that the skies may get clearer...

-C+
"When you wish upon a falling star, your dreams can come true. Unless it's really a giant meteor hurtling to the earth which will destroy all life. Then you're pretty much screwed no matter what you wish for. Unless of course, it's death by meteorite."

Offline blkmgc

• Silver Member
ww2 players wondering
« Reply #44 on: April 05, 2007, 05:25:30 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
FSO man, FSO.

Looks like a blast......too bad it doesnt start untill 11:00 PM my time.