Author Topic: Global warming update  (Read 2271 times)

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Global warming update
« Reply #120 on: May 04, 2007, 07:02:51 AM »
LOL, this goes on for ever.
I guess Lazs probably doesn't understand the greenhouse effect anyway. Maybe I try to explain:
It works like your car on a sunny day. close all the windows, and behold, it gets hot. Shield the windows with a reflecting film on the outside, it is much cooler. It makes it hotter if the panels are dark inside. etc etc.
So, we have CO2 at somewhat high height and it has been rising due to our human activities. It's being monitored and pondered upon, and the worry is that it's heading for a record, - say 600 ppm.
Anyway, Methane is much more powerful, and there's the worry, - with the permafrost in Siberia releasing it's stock of it, the CO2 effect will be laughable.
So, we wonder and ponder upon whether we are switching the devil on, with a relay.
Well, good news. Another global warming conference in Bankok now states that there is something us humans can do about it, and it has to do a lot with vegetation, not just exhaust. So, in short, the most optimistic ones say that we can actually end the vicious circle of ever increasing CO2.
That brings some hope. Maybe they were reading my posts ;)
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Global warming update
« Reply #121 on: May 04, 2007, 08:01:42 AM »
Originally posted by Angus
Well, good news. Another global warming conference in Bankok now states that there is something us humans can do about it, and it has to do a lot with vegetation, not just exhaust. So, in short, the most optimistic ones say that we can actually end the vicious circle of ever increasing CO2.
That brings some hope.  

Oh for joy. I expect you will see more and more jumping on this bandwagon from the Fantasy Island crew. It`s called covering your tracks.
I understand that they are already taking up a collection for an automatic back patting machine in preparation for the next cooling trend. Then they will be able to turn it on and say......."Whoohoo! Looky what we did. You didn`t mind living in a tent and giving up most of your earnings and comforts for this now did ya?."
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Global warming update
« Reply #122 on: May 04, 2007, 08:25:17 AM »
yeah..  they have to hurry before a natural global cooling cycle occurs and they don't get credit.

Glad to see that they aren't pinning everything on co2 now tho.

As angus says... maybe I don't understand the greenhouse effect... I guess if I got into a hot car and added opened a can of coke the few hundreds of a percent of co2 would cause me to fry.

In the meantime I guess I could ignore the fact that as it got latter in the day and the sun got got higher in the sky and heated up the car...  well.. that would be nothing... it would be the fizz from the coke can that did me in.

I will give him this tho... his model is every bit as scientific as his heroes.

And.. he may be correct that they are listening to him... he has every bit as much scientific training as 9 out of ten of the "scientists" do on global climate who are saying it is man made.

I'm glad that they think we can plant a tree now tho and fix everything.

I mean... I was really really worried there for a sec.

lazs

Offline soda72

• Platinum Member
Global warming update
« Reply #123 on: May 04, 2007, 09:02:33 AM »
Originally posted by lazs2
it would be the fizz from the coke can that did me in.
lazs

:lol

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
Global warming update
« Reply #124 on: May 04, 2007, 12:29:21 PM »
Arguing about global warming is about as exciting as watch two ugly lesbians make out.
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline Wolf14

• Silver Member
Global warming update
« Reply #125 on: May 04, 2007, 01:17:09 PM »
Originally posted by Yknurd
Arguing about global warming is about as exciting as watch two ugly lesbians make out.

Ummm....I kinda agree with that statement, but when they started fighting things did get exciting. Until Bubba, real name is Bubba, broke it all up and made them go home.

Has anybody factored in volcanos and the stuff they tend to spew higher up in the atmosphere than what we put out? The stuff they push up there tends to hang around a good bit longer than the other stuff that gets broken down and dissapates to varying degrees.

And guys I kinda have to side with Laz in some aspects. People tend to forget history or they like to make it up as they go along. Those guys who go out and dig in the dirt for hours on end who alot of folks think are crazy, do tend to find evidence that way back in the day, the earth has gone through these cycles before in worse ways, wayyyy before man or polution came into effect. Course back then it could be said that polution was generated by dinasaur farts, valcanos, witches (old ones), and warming/ cooling cycles of the sun.

But alas, my good dear friends of the earth, due to technology available at the time, none of it was ever recorded. Now maybe if we are lucky and all can learn to get along, those space aliens who came and visited this rock back then, will feel safe enough to at some point share their atmosphereic data with us to shed some light on how things really werew back then.

What yall dont think they wouldnt have took atmosphereic data?

We're all looking for somewhere else to live arent we?

and the witches help it all to.

:)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Global warming update
« Reply #126 on: May 04, 2007, 02:34:15 PM »
How is it that at the peak of industrial activity, 1940-1975...  we experianced global cooling on a scale that was so bad that these same "scientists" all told us we would be in an ice age by now?

during the recession the climate got hotter...   oddly... both these events had nothing at all to do with co2 but followed decreased and then increased solar activity like a shadow...   co2 on the other hand has followed the suns activity and warming and cooling like a shadow.

ITS THE SUN STUPID

you know.. the big yellow ball you liberals can't control?

I don't care if it is discussed or not.   I don't care what people believe or don't..

I only care when they come up with "solutions" that cost me.

The latest "council" is opptomistic that we can "make a difference" for as little as an increase of 50 cents a gallon in gas that we give to them... and of course the drop in productivity and spending and all... maybe a couple of grand loss for each person in the U.S. a year...

others, it is reported, are not so opptomistic and feel that the price will be several times that...  they don't want to frieghten us tho..

My prediction?  we will go into a global cooling cycle and 15 or twenty years from now...  the "scientists" will note that there has been a "drastic" cooling of the planet for a decade and predict a "man made global ice age" and suggest all kinds of ways that we can fund relief from freezing to death.

we are a gullible people.   we don't learn from history... perhaps we deserve to be fleeced.

lazs

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Global warming update
« Reply #127 on: May 04, 2007, 02:39:13 PM »
what I am saying is that in the 70's there was a "consensus" of hundreds of scientists that did this same bs crapola with "man made global ice age"

What happened to them?  no one knows... they just faded back into the background till now.

They should have been drug out into the street and publicly flogged for all the anxiety and panic they caused but they weren't..   at the least they should have been investigated for fraud and lost any credentials they had.

It will happen again with this...  the "man made global warming" hand wringers will fade away when the first frost of the normal cooling cycle becomes apparent to even the angus's of the world.

lazs

Offline Seagoon

• Gold Member
      • http://www.providencepca.com
Global warming update
« Reply #128 on: May 04, 2007, 02:46:57 PM »
Apparently they've figured out the cause of the supposed problem in Arkansas:

Daylight Exacerbates Warming
SEAGOON aka Pastor Andy Webb
"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human passions unbridled by morality and religion... Our Constitution was made only for a moral and religious people. It is wholly inadequate to the government of any other." - John Adams

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Global warming update
« Reply #129 on: May 04, 2007, 08:39:53 PM »
Originally posted by Seagoon
Apparently they've figured out the cause of the supposed problem in Arkansas:

Daylight Exacerbates Warming

:rofl :aok
An instant classic.
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline Brenjen

• Silver Member
Global warming update
« Reply #130 on: May 05, 2007, 02:14:28 PM »
LOL, They surely had to be joking (or high). No one is that dumb in real life....are they? :rofl

Edit:...I'm from Arkansas myself :eek: