Author Topic: Global warming update  (Read 2352 times)

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Global warming update
« on: April 25, 2007, 08:55:24 AM »
The "Naturally occuring Global warming" was closed, so, since I had some data to add, here is a new thing, with a new topic.
It's for those who still have a hard time figuring out if there IS a global warming or not.
From the Independent:
http://news.independent.co.uk/environment/climate_change/article2480994.ece

And a picture.
Hope it works.
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline LTARokit

• Copper Member
Global warming update
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2007, 09:11:04 AM »
Great article, picture didn't come through though.........or at least I wasn't able to pull it up.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Global warming update
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2007, 09:18:09 AM »
for those of you who think that the globe stays at the same temp and does not get warmer and colder over the years....

You need to ask yourself why greenland is called greenland.

lazs

Offline LTARokit

• Copper Member
Global warming update
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2007, 09:33:14 AM »
All I know is with each passing year, the weather continues to get stranger up here.

The norm lows for Jan - Feb are negative 30 to neg 50; this year maybe 2 days of extreme low.  Ave. snow fall 64+ inches; barley 21 this year.  Generally you see snow on the ground into April. By end March this year our temps were in the 30's during day, april 1 - 15; 40's t 50's, April 15 to now upper 50's to near 70 (70 in April WTF!!).  Snow was gone during first week of April :O   Unheard of.

So yea, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out something is broke.

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Global warming update
« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2007, 09:39:08 AM »
what would you say is broke?    Notice the article did not say "man made" global  warming in the title?   They pretty much blew that hoax by putting all their eggs in the man made co2 basket.

It may get hotter before it gets cooler but it will get cooler.   It is not a huge mystery..  the big yellow ball in the sky that you see when you look up in the daytime is the cause.   It has periods where it's activity is high and ones where it is low.

Oddly... when its activity is high for years on end.. we see some global warming... when it is low... we see some global cooling...

or... it could be witches.

lazs

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Global warming update
« Reply #5 on: April 25, 2007, 09:42:14 AM »
Well, Lazs, let me inform you on that. It might make your remark look a little . . uneducated though.
Greenland looks very "green" in the summer, for the contrast with the blue ocean and the white ice on the cap as well as the driftice on the eastern cap is quite stunning. In short, the solid (and often mossy or grassy) ground will look extra green.
Oh, but where did it get its name from? Well, yes, from the Norse-emigrated-Iceland-living-troublemaker-Viking called Eric the Red. He got into trouble and did some double country-hopping, first Norway to Iceland (Eiriksstaðir í Dölum) where he lived and raised his family for a good while, then to an exploring mission which delivered him and lots of others on the west coast of a new land, that he dubbed "Greenland".
Now, why was that, since "Iceland" has it's name from ice, and is milder in climate? Well, behold, it was the first big time propoganda advertisment. He wanted people to get over there, then there was the nice green colour.
It however did not change the fact that the climate was somewhat tough, and a few hundred years later (during the little ice age) the population of nordic people either moved off or died out completely, - or both.
So, it was you who needed to ask somebody why. Certainly not yourself :D
(BTW, I have been there)
Anyway, the weather is somewhat broke. How's the wind speed in Texas coming along?
It was very interesting to carry out the flight trials at Rechlin with the Spitfire and the Hurricane. Both types are very simple to fly compared to our aircraft, and childishly easy to take-off and land. (Werner Mölders)

Offline lazs2

• Radioactive Member
Global warming update
« Reply #6 on: April 25, 2007, 09:51:45 AM »
I know about iceland and the travel agent theme back then... what about "vinland" or vineland.. whatever.

The globe has changed it's landscape radically over the years and will continue to do so with or without our help.

I am simply saying that adding a few parts per million of co2 is not causing it.

come up with a better theory.

I heard the ones from the 70's about the ice age we were supposed to be in by now tho already... that was going to be a man made ice age by now..

Many places that were bare had ice and snow on em as proof..

then.. they sun activity increased and it got warmer..  we are in that phase now.. it may get a little warmer before it gets cooler... or.. the sun may just decide to fry us all or freeze us all... we can't do squat about it.

And I think that is what drives the lefties who want to make it a man made thing... other than the money and power they can get from it... they hate the fact that we are powerless... that the god of science will not save us from the whim of the sun...

It is arrogant to think we can change the climate of the globe but that is what we are being told..  when in reality...

ITS THE SUN STUPID.

or.. it could be witches..

lazs

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Global warming update
« Reply #7 on: April 25, 2007, 09:51:58 AM »
Here is a link that should give an expandable picture.
You could perhaps use google-earth to see how it looked like recently. Anyway, the diameter of Iceland (across, tip-to-tip) is some 500 km, so this is a good city-sized island.

Link

http://www.visir.is/article/20070425/FRETTIR02/70425029

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Global warming update
« Reply #8 on: April 25, 2007, 09:54:48 AM »
As to this:
"It is arrogant to think we can change the climate of the globe but that is what we are being told.. when in reality...

ITS THE SUN STUPID.

or.. it could be witches..

lazs"

I tend, as you know, to have another opinion. I think it is arrogant and ignorant as well, to think that our combined human impact on the planet and it's atmopspheric components has no effect on the climate.

Offline Odee

• Gold Member
      • 49th Fighter Group
Global warming update
« Reply #9 on: April 25, 2007, 10:08:30 AM »
Here, allow me to sum up in two words, this argument that AlGore perpetuates....

Bull ****e!

Al Gore and his idiot sycophants haven't clue one as to what causes global warming, on our planet, let alone on the rest of the planets in the solar syste.  (oh my yes, Mars, Saturn, Pluto... all of them are warming up)

Point of fact is this; The Earth is a living, breathing thing that mankind has no possibility of ever beating, let alone breaking.  Sure, we can muck up the environment on a local, short term basis. But in the end, Mom Nature wins.

Now I am not saying we should irisponsibly use Nukes, nuclear power, carbon power, water power, poisons, or other toxic things.  In fact, I am totally against nukes, and nuke power simply because we cannot detoxify the waste that produces...  Wait around for 25k years to enter the salt mines and find those cans that are already leaking radioactive goop into the water table.

BAH!  I said my piece.  All those liberals like "I invented the internet" bullkahkah artist Al Gore, and others spread are doing is preying on ignorant peoples fears to raise more money while they really do nothing to comply with what it is they are rallying against in the first place.
~Nobodee~   Get Poached!
Elite: Dangerous ~ Cmd Odeed

http://www.luxlibertas.com/

Offline Angus

• Plutonium Member
Global warming update
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2007, 10:16:56 AM »
"Point of fact is this; The Earth is a living, breathing thing that mankind has no possibility of ever beating, let alone breaking. Sure, we can muck up the environment on a local, short term basis. But in the end, Mom Nature wins."

Well, we do have the nuclear power to quickly erase any form of intelligent life within a human's lifespan or so, and dump the whole thing into a very rough climate change called an ice age.
Would 50.000 warheads do it? We could easily make a million anyway...

Offline Engine

• Silver Member
Global warming update
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2007, 01:02:13 PM »
Originally posted by lazs2
I don't believe in global warming. The world is very big, and the sun is hot. We humans are very small, therefore it is arrogant to think that we simple humans could have any sort of effect. I am being humble and virtuous, and using common sense when I assert that the sun is hot.

Anyone believing in global warming is not humble, does not believe the sun is hot, and simply wants power over me. They are not virtuous like I am.
This is all I am hearing for you, and it's getting tired.

Offline Ripsnort

• Radioactive Member
Global warming update
« Reply #12 on: April 25, 2007, 01:19:27 PM »
It's arrogance to think that we alone are the biggest contributors to GW and its even more arrogant to think we can change the climate by reducing emissions.

Yes, we may be contributing to global warming, but there are many more factors at play here that meteorology and scientists cannot understand at this point.

Offline Eagler

• Plutonium Member
Global warming update
« Reply #13 on: April 25, 2007, 01:43:38 PM »
if the dems get the WH in 08 .. global warming will disappear or be last page news

anyone who thinks it is anything but a political hack move is uniformed and/or naive
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Intel Core i7-13700KF | GIGABYTE Z790 AORUS Elite AX | 64GB G.Skill DDR5 | 16GB GIGABYTE RTX 4070 Ti Super | 850 watt ps | pimax Crystal Light | Warthog stick | TM1600 throttle | VKB Mk.V Rudder

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Global warming update
« Reply #14 on: April 25, 2007, 01:52:26 PM »
i will accept that global warming occurs natrually, but sorry folks, there is NO way you can deny human activity has no effect on the rate of climate change.

:noid