Author Topic: Why do I quit  (Read 2126 times)

Offline CarlsBee

• Copper Member
Why do I quit
« on: May 19, 2007, 09:19:34 PM »
I quit!

Well I suck, but that's no shame.  Still my chat previleges were suspended, asked why got no answer.  Today got got muted at king of the hill, would like to know why.  This is BS a few think they are too good.  I say get a life.
Post my wrongs.  Well forget it, seems a noob is not welcome so be it.

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Why do I quit
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2007, 09:26:45 PM »
I wasn't there when you got finally muted in Koth, but you were already lucky not to be booted before that. Excessive check6, not following the rules (which are stated in the Arena message) and you were warned by our host...
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline CarlsBee

• Copper Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2007, 09:36:24 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche
I wasn't there when you got finally muted in Koth, but you were already lucky not to be booted before that. Excessive check6, not following the rules (which are stated in the Arena message) and you were warned by our host...

damn Mr wright!

Offline SAS_KID

• Silver Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/saskid
Why do I quit
« Reply #3 on: May 19, 2007, 09:43:21 PM »
Originally posted by Lusche

and you act surprised?
Quote from: hitech on Today at 09:27:26 AM
What utter and compete BS, quite frankly I should kick you off this bbs for this post.

The real truth is you do not like the answer.

HiTech

Offline tedrbr

• Silver Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #4 on: May 19, 2007, 09:50:46 PM »
Summertime Squeakers invading KoTH now?  

Oh the horror.... the horror......  

Haven't been in one for a couple weeks, but it was getting kinda ridiculous even then.... constant chatter on tuned VOX.  People shooting others before 'fights on'.  Pilots trailing in a close, low six position hoping to get that quick kill when 'fight's on'.  Going above 6K.  Not a constant thing (other than VOX chatter), but some incident or another for many rounds.  

Think I'll extend my break from the game.

Offline CarlsBee

• Copper Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #5 on: May 19, 2007, 09:58:04 PM »
Originally posted by tedrbr
Summertime Squeakers invading KoTH now?  

Oh the horror.... the horror......  

Haven't been in one for a couple weeks, but it was getting kinda ridiculous even then.... constant chatter on tuned VOX.  People shooting others before 'fights on'.  Pilots trailing in a close, low six position hoping to get that quick kill when 'fight's on'.  Going above 6K.  Not a constant thing (other than VOX chatter), but some incident or another for many rounds.  

Think I'll extend my break from the game.

u an idiot

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2007, 10:58:15 PM »
Well, Ted's theory seems to hold some water.

Gonna be a long summer. :rolleyes:
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline TinmanX

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2007, 11:53:24 PM »
WTF were you doing at KotH? You can't spawncamp there!
"...and then we discovered why. Why this 'Cheech', who had fought with gods and demons, why he flew the Zeke. He was being kind, giving us a chance to run away."
Aces High Films
I'm the "timid" "runner" in the zeke "BnZing" you.

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2007, 11:54:56 PM »
LOL, ooooh boy, the things some post in the thread starters.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline 5PointOh

• Gold Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #9 on: May 19, 2007, 11:57:37 PM »
INteresting:aok
Coprhead
Wings of Terror
Mossie Student Driver

Offline Sluggard

• Zinc Member
Carlsbee
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2007, 12:48:12 AM »
Keep trying only answer!

tryed KOTH for all of 5 minutes myself,,,,,yup I don't unerstand everything,,,,was not exactly made to feel welcome

think must be for the better pilots,,,i will try again someday

Sluggard

Offline Geary420

• Silver Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2007, 01:43:47 AM »
Originally posted by CarlsBee
u an idiot

Brilliant!

Offline Vudak

• Platinum Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2007, 01:44:40 AM »
Carls, you were muted at KoTH because you repeatedly broke the rules and all attempts to alert you to that fact seemed to fail as you continued to break them.

Sluggard, from what I saw you just came in at a bad time.  Right before the fight's called is not the most opportune time to ask how to play.  I encourage you to come back next month, but try to get there a few minutes early for when the rules are being explained if it's your first time.

The basic rules are also stated on the arena message.
Vudak
352nd Fighter Group

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
Re: Carlsbee
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2007, 02:00:21 AM »
Originally posted by Sluggard
Keep trying only answer!

tryed KOTH for all of 5 minutes myself,,,,,yup I don't unerstand everything,,,,was not exactly made to feel welcome

think must be for the better pilots,,,i will try again someday

Sluggard

I am very sorry if you felt that way sluggard.  You are of course most welcome to participate in the King of the Hill.  As was already stated, your timing was a bit off.  AKDogg was hosting solo for his 1st time tonight, and that (I know for me anyway) isn't easy.  So if you felt not welcome, i'm sorry.  Give 'er a go next month.  It is one of the best events in Aces High, and it's for all players of all skill levels.

Carls, you prob. should have been ejected.  (my bad there.  I told AKDogg to just .mute you) Giving fuzeman (who is a King of the Hill CM btw) 7 check 6's as you are taking off is really not going to endear you to anybody.  I am not sure what made you think that repeatedly giving a CM chk 6's would be a good idea, but it was quite a lasp of judgment on your part.

You were warned.  You ignored those warnings.

But please get this straight.  YOU chose to act the way you did.  It was those actions that got you .muted during the KOTH.  Had you behaved appropriatly, you would have had the pleasure to participate in a most excellent KOTH.  (It JUST now ended.  was 5hrs 45min long)

Please don't lay the blame for what happened in tonight's King of the Hill at any door but your own.  You derved it.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline CFYA

• Copper Member
Why do I quit
« Reply #14 on: May 20, 2007, 02:00:46 AM »
Sluggard

KOTH is not the place for beginers in many ways. If you weren't welcomed as well as you think you deserved I am sorry. I think maybe you didnt show up in time for the rules in the begining was some of the issues. People are on a short rope with there patients these days with the younger crowd. Many times the younger kids dont bother to put the same effort in to having fun playing by the rules or gentlmenly ways....ie ho'ing(tho this not just a problem with the young). Maybe you walked into some of that. You should come by KOTH again and get there early. Im am certain youll be welcomed if you put your best foot foward.

Carls

You stuck your foot in it my friend. KOTH is not the MA. You should maybe control your defense mechanism a little more. You should take the time to get there early and go over the rules. I am positive if you ask properly and be patient someone will tell you all you need to know.....thats the Hosts job! KOTH first and foremost is about being patient. Sometimes 30 minutes flying/waiting doing not to much followed by 10 minutes of sheer fightin.
KOTH has a very strict set of rules.....break them and your out....11 or 111 years old. You said you have a issue with rules in KOTH....learn to master that problem or youll continue to have muted/ejected issues.

Just an observation......you do what you feel is right.

EDIT: I see WmLute just posted similar remarks....sorry if I am reduntant.

CFYA
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 02:03:10 AM by CFYA »