Author Topic: What a dik  (Read 2330 times)

Offline Mr No Name

• Silver Member
What a dik
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2007, 12:04:17 AM »
Originally posted by FiLtH
That can't be a pleasant place to be!

I screen shot it.... and chose a new path lol
Vote R.E. Lee '24

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
What a dik
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2007, 12:43:16 AM »
Originally posted by iWalrus
Obviously. If I did, they wouldn't be so vague.

It is within the rules to post my opinion about the rules, right? I mean, isn't that what discussions are for?

So if you would like to address anything I said, I will be happy to talk about that.

If you feel the need to continue stating the obvious, I'll just ignore it. Is that within the rules?

:aok

It is within the rules to post my opinion about your opinion about the rules, right? I mean, isn't that what discussions are for?

Offline WilldCrd

• Gold Member
      • http://www.wildaces.org
What a dik
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2007, 12:46:54 AM »
It is within the rules to post my opinion about the rules, right? I mean, isn't that what discussions are for?

Actually, IIRC it is against said rules to discuss them and voice opinions on the forums. You can however shoot a email to the "powers that be" and discuss them freely
Crap now I gotta redo my cool sig.....crap!!! I cant remeber how to do it all !!!!!

Offline iWalrus

• Copper Member
What a dik
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2007, 12:47:38 AM »
Originally posted by Slash27
It is within the rules to post my opinion about your opinion about the rules, right? I mean, isn't that what discussions are for?

Absolutely! If you had done that in this post or the last, we would have something to talk about. Until you post something that acutally says something, I'll be waiting!
That's all.

WalrusG

Offline MajWoody

• Gold Member
What a dik
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2007, 02:12:17 AM »
I shot down jockitch the other day. I laughed my arse off when I got the kill message.
Lets keep the stupid to a minimum.
Old Age and Treachery, will overcome youth and skill EVERYTIME

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
What a dik
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2007, 02:20:18 AM »
I agree with blackdog he shouldnt have been muted.

intent or not.

The guy has called himself that with intent and why should blackdog be punished for something that they have already allowed.  In another game moderators or Sysop's started taking liberties with their powers and I would hate to see AH go the same way.

It's a game where killing and dweebery runs rampant we don't need too many rules and regulations because that will take the fun away from ch200.

Well done for not taking it to seriously blackdog and posting here was the right thing to do so the community knows what standards moderators are actually taking in game.  

Bruv
~S~
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
What a dik
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2007, 08:21:34 AM »
It has always been up to the mods to try to discern "intent" and deal with the situation accordingly. Its the biggest single reason AH still has mods.

Language filters can not and will not ever be able to tell a persons "intent".
That takes another person.

And before you go off on the mods, they have probably the hardest job imaginable.

Imagine yourself about to dive into a dogfight, when you see something cross the text buffer thats "off color" or just plain nasty. As a mod you have a split second to try to remember what else that person has been saying. What his intent might be, and try to take a reasonable course of action. All of course while your trying to fly and enjoy the game yourself.

If your original intent was not to shock, disrupt, etc, why are you so angry about having your spiel cut off?

If it was an honest mistake there would be no "angst" Whoops, screwed up, sorry mod.

Your anger in your post confirms IMO that the mod did the right thing.
Now, you've had your wrist slapped, ok, you made a mistake. Don't get mad at HTC or the mods. Just don't go there again.

Ohhh and ps for anyone who cares, no I'm NOT a mod, not anymore. Too many people figured out eventually that I was a mod. Which of course for HTC is the kiss of death. Mods need to be unknown, in order to function.

Offline GooseAW

• Nickel Member
      • http://www.chawks.com
What a dik
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2007, 08:35:28 AM »
Seems to me that muting someone for something said on a voluntary channel...(200)...should be a little more forgiving of the gray areas...intent be damned. If they don't want to hear Dik....don't tune.

There should certainly be limits, but if the name was approved by HTC, I agree it's hypocritical to mute someone for typing it regardless of "intent". This seems to be the real problem with this. I've seen many names in game that are utterly offensive.

Offline Simaril

• Platinum Member
What a dik
« Reply #23 on: June 06, 2007, 08:45:14 AM »
Originally posted by RTR
You keep saying that word.  I don't think that word means what you think it means.

RTR

:rofl :rofl

I caught it, RTR -- too good to let it pass unnoticed!!
Maturity is knowing that I've been an idiot in the past.
Wisdom is realizing I will be an idiot in the future.
Common sense is trying to not be an idiot right now

"Social Fads are for sheeple." - Meatwad

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
What a dik
« Reply #24 on: June 06, 2007, 08:54:32 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
If your original intent was not to shock, disrupt, etc, why are you so angry about having your spiel cut off?

A pertinent question, and a good observation.

- oldman

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
What a dik
« Reply #25 on: June 06, 2007, 09:00:22 AM »
It's even more amazing why this chode is getting a lot of press for being muted.   :huh
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
What a dik
« Reply #26 on: June 06, 2007, 09:23:06 AM »
If they allow a guy to have a cpid called Dik, then saying it with intent or not should not matter.  I mean What in the blank do they think he named himself that for???????????????????????????
Just like many other names that have intent behind their creation.  

Ballz
Jockitch
Hooper69
1boner
dirty fokkers
psmeat
cpntaco
juicy1
getmo
hungsolo
pkerhead
forker
MrDick
Matelot
Mrmeaty
Hedd

I could go on........."butt" you get the point!
:D

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline Hap

• Gold Member
Re: What a dik
« Reply #27 on: June 06, 2007, 11:34:28 AM »
Originally posted by blackdog68 [/b]It's OK to have dik as a screen name but not OK to say what a dik? [/B]

Live and learn.

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
What a dik
« Reply #28 on: June 06, 2007, 11:38:38 AM »
This is what happens when people go DikIn around

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline BaDkaRmA158Th

• Gold Member
What a dik
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2007, 11:45:57 AM »
*sighs*

Its more about the general way you handled things.

For instance, if you reach out to insult, offent belittle begrudge harass people, these kind of things will happen to you.

As said above, live and learn.
Your alive, so you can still learn.

Unless you view this as some kind of "funky universal screw YOU over objective everyone is in on,even HTC staff* type thing, i highly sudgest you just learn from it, keep your chin up and chest out.

-example- Try and drag people thru the mud for the actions taken unto you, it wont go very well.
Sometimes you just gotta nod your head and say to yourself "okay, thats the way it is *period*, i wont do that again." and all is well.
~383Rd RTC/CH BW/AG~
BaDfaRmA

My signature says "Our commitment to diplomacy will never inhibit our willingness to kick a$s."