Author Topic: What a dik  (Read 2332 times)

Offline ozrocker

• Gold Member
What a dik
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2007, 10:17:07 PM »
Trazizzlated fo da young shootas.

Intent, indeed.

It is now tha job of moderizzles ta interpret intent? Oh, pleaze. How `bout next, telepaths can be empolyed ta makes sure T-H-to-tha-izzat no has mean thoughts `bout each poser?

Limit tha filter'n ta Carlins Seven Dirty Words only fo' sheezy. If includ'n derivizzles of those, do it fairly n makes it applicable ta user ids n all otha in-game text . Tru rappa's do rappa's. This wizzill makes it absolutely clear W-H-to-tha-izzat is acceptable from tha streets of tha L-B-C.

If it is ok fo` moderizzles ta interpret intent, there is no tell'n whizzat is acceptable fo' sheezy. I mizzight git muted if I told someone they had caught me wit mah pants dizzy. Or perhaps if DIK shizzay me down n I said, "izzle suck DIK," forgett'n ta put in tha comma ("You suck, DIK").

Yes, I agree wit you, Mr . Keep the party crackin while I'm steady rappin'. thread starta. Tizzy was ridicizzles. If DIK, or anyone else, dizzidnt like whiznat you were say'n, they could hizzle squelched you.
                                                                            Oz
Flying and dying since Tour 29
The world is grown so bad. That wrens make prey where eagles dare not perch.- Shakespeare

30% Disabled Vet  US ARMY- 11C2H 2/32 AR. 3rd AD, 3/67AR. 2nd AD, 2/64 AR. 3rd ID, ABGD Command TRADOC, 1/16th INF. 1st ID

Offline parin

• Copper Member
What a dik
« Reply #61 on: June 08, 2007, 02:17:29 AM »
Originally posted by ozrocker
Trazizzlated fo da young shootas.

Intent, indeed.

It is now tha job of moderizzles ta interpret intent? Oh, pleaze. How `bout next, telepaths can be empolyed ta makes sure T-H-to-tha-izzat no has mean thoughts `bout each poser?

Limit tha filter'n ta Carlins Seven Dirty Words only fo' sheezy. If includ'n derivizzles of those, do it fairly n makes it applicable ta user ids n all otha in-game text . Tru rappa's do rappa's. This wizzill makes it absolutely clear W-H-to-tha-izzat is acceptable from tha streets of tha L-B-C.

If it is ok fo` moderizzles ta interpret intent, there is no tell'n whizzat is acceptable fo' sheezy. I mizzight git muted if I told someone they had caught me wit mah pants dizzy. Or perhaps if DIK shizzay me down n I said, "izzle suck DIK," forgett'n ta put in tha comma ("You suck, DIK").

Yes, I agree wit you, Mr . Keep the party crackin while I'm steady rappin'. thread starta. Tizzy was ridicizzles. If DIK, or anyone else, dizzidnt like whiznat you were say'n, they could hizzle squelched you.
                                                                            Oz

wtf lol
Wgr 21 works great!

Quick Jam from SkyRock...

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
What a dik
« Reply #62 on: June 08, 2007, 04:25:55 AM »
What AH needs is a dropdown selection of fixed comm messages like Disney Toontown Online. That way even muted players could continue to post and 'you rock' or 'welcome to Aces High'.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
What a dik
« Reply #63 on: June 08, 2007, 07:30:08 AM »
Mr Ripley >>>>>  NOT!

How is it punishment making you sit in the corner and be quiet if you don't have to be quiet? How is that going to deter anyone from doing it again?

The problem as you see it is the punishment IS effective. AH has turned into open mic night where some people care more about what they are spouting off than flying. Keep it civil, don't insult or attack people, don't try to be disruptive, don't try to cheat around the language filter, and you'll be fine. Its really not that hard to do.

ROC Sir, big  WTG, incredibly well said. You bundled him up in his own words and ran him up the mast as a foul weather warning about as neatly as I've ever seen done.  Always a pleasure running into you, be it FSO, main or here.

Offline MrRiplEy[H]

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
What a dik
« Reply #64 on: June 08, 2007, 09:32:04 AM »
Originally posted by Ghosth
Mr Ripley >>>>>  NOT!

How is it punishment making you sit in the corner and be quiet if you don't have to be quiet? How is that going to deter anyone from doing it again?

The problem as you see it is the punishment IS effective. AH has turned into open mic night where some people care more about what they are spouting off than flying. Keep it civil, don't insult or attack people, don't try to be disruptive, don't try to cheat around the language filter, and you'll be fine. Its really not that hard to do.

ROC Sir, big  WTG, incredibly well said. You bundled him up in his own words and ran him up the mast as a foul weather warning about as neatly as I've ever seen done.  Always a pleasure running into you, be it FSO, main or here.

Well how about limiting the communications totally to those prefixed phrases? That would get rid of the problem once and for all.
Definiteness of purpose is the starting point of all achievement. –W. Clement Stone

Offline 68Ripper

• Nickel Member
What a dik
« Reply #65 on: June 08, 2007, 11:03:50 AM »
"It takes an intellectual midget to punt this thread to the top. WTG midget!"

Originally posted by Masherbrum
No, but why punt the topic?   Honestly.   The guy knows what he did.

Should all threads be stopped when YOU think they should??? Who are you to belittle people when they respond to a thread?
Ironic
Fistful of Aces

I had a psychic girlfriend once, but she left me before we met

When I got home last night, my wife demanded that I take her someplace expensive....  so, I took her to a gas station

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
What a dik
« Reply #66 on: June 08, 2007, 11:28:06 AM »
Originally posted by 68Ripper
"It takes an intellectual midget to punt this thread to the top. WTG midget!"

Should all threads be stopped when YOU think they should??? Who are you to belittle people when they respond to a thread?
I pm'd ROX, put away your knives.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline bongaroo

• Silver Member
What a dik
« Reply #67 on: June 08, 2007, 01:46:47 PM »
I heard he lives in INdiana.  :D
Callsign: Bongaroo
Formerly: 420ace

Offline blackdog68

• Zinc Member
What a dik
« Reply #68 on: June 08, 2007, 05:34:46 PM »
Originally posted by ROC
Hmm, let's see.etc, etc, etc, etc..

Must have hit it pretty close to the mark to get you all riled up like that.

You know when the truth has been spoken when someone types paragraphs of denials.  I mean really, my 19" LCD at 1280x1024 and your post takes up the entire screen! :furious :rolleyes:

Anyway, I'm done with this thread, you can try and shoot me down online if you see a Rook LA5.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2007, 05:38:32 PM by blackdog68 »

Offline ROC

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
What a dik
« Reply #69 on: June 08, 2007, 05:42:53 PM »
See ya up, don't get muted :D
ROC
Nothing clever here.  Please, move along.

Offline Bronk

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
What a dik
« Reply #70 on: June 08, 2007, 06:00:34 PM »
Originally posted by blackdog68
You sir are a liar.

I was not being a twit, I said what a dik, I was warned by the admin to cut it off.  The dik in question was also hiding in his AA so I also said 'hide much dik'?  

Hey tardling you were muted after a warning.
Why not just log in and ask on 200 for a mod to mute you?
It'd be the same thing.

Bronk
See Rule #4

Offline Atoon

• Parolee
  • Nickel Member
What a dik
« Reply #71 on: June 09, 2007, 01:19:41 PM »
As with most everything in life- WHO YOU KNOW, CAN OFTEN AFFECT THE OUTCOME OF ANY SITUATION.  

INsult the squaddie/friend/relative/lover of a MOD= MUTE .

There is no clear line on acceptable callsigns, its all left to interpretation. This leaves room for discrepencies of opinions.
Thanx for addressing the signature issue FAIRLY, I am morally aloud to patronize your business again. I am Anton & Uknome, Current game-ID Anton1.   *-Brown Nosers STINK!-*

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
What a dik
« Reply #72 on: June 09, 2007, 02:17:29 PM »
Originally posted by Atoon
As with most everything in life- WHO YOU KNOW, CAN OFTEN AFFECT THE OUTCOME OF ANY SITUATION.  

INsult the squaddie/friend/relative/lover of a MOD= MUTE .

There is no clear line on acceptable callsigns, its all left to interpretation. This leaves room for discrepencies of opinions.

Hey, I just realised that it was you who I was being a Di.........err a......err not nice too the other day over A10 A9 area!  Sorry for my disrespectful behavior!  
Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"