Author Topic: Front Views ?  (Read 312 times)

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
Front Views ?
« on: June 07, 2007, 01:43:56 PM »
Is it possible to have separate front views in F1, F2 and Home.  All 3 are same standard out front cockpit layout.  I setup with Ren all other views horizontal, up and down---26 separate views.

If so, how is it done to break up so I have a better front view?

My "8" key is over the nose and up, but not front up.

My AV8R-01 joystick, T1 is my up modifier.  T2 is down modifier as I go out solo on sweeps looking down from 12,000 feet.

Or please direct me to a write-up tute.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Front Views ?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2007, 02:06:41 PM »
your numpad 8 can be mapped, as can your "no button" default view. That gives you 2 forward views. Home is not a view, it just resets your "no button" view to default in case you screw it up totally.

So hands-off, yes; numpad_8, yes; home, no.

EDIT: P.S. I should specify, HOME doesn't actively reset your forward view to default. It moves the head position to default, and then you have to save it again if you want it at that. You can hit home and NOT change your presaved forward view, and if you look elsewhere and look back, it'll revert to whatever you saved it as last.

Offline DamnedRen

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Front Views ?
« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2007, 02:15:34 PM »
You can map keypad 8 to the side and up. This will give you a look "around" the cowl iso straight out over the cowl. Just hold keypad 8, tap left or right arrow key (your choice as to which side you look around), then adjust using page up and f10 to save.

Caution: this view will give you a little more of a look at folks in the break turns but does take some getting used to as you get so used to looking straight down the centerline of the plane and now you will be look around the nose. As a help you can, place you mouse cursor point on the center dot of your gunsight pipper. Then when you hit the hat forward switch the cursor will accurately place your aim point out there, albeit from a different angle.

I've used both over the years and prefer the look straight up over the nose cowl as I have custom tailored my gunsights for its use.

Hope this helps.

Offline Daubie

• Copper Member
Thanks
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2007, 09:48:13 PM »
Hi Krusty, Ren,

I experimented with what you said.

I read in here, find something I did not know, then go back to tweak and experiment.

I knew the soundbox was within clipboard but I never knew how to manipulate it.  Another recent thread mentioned about it.  I finally got the cockpit engine noise turned down to a low roar, actually almost a whisper.

As always, thanks for the help.