Author Topic: Pink Clouds  (Read 385 times)

Offline gpa3

• Zinc Member
Pink Clouds
« on: June 12, 2007, 12:32:24 AM »
Is it just my monitor or are the clouds made with the cloud editor all pink?

When I create any clouds I see them all as pink when I view them in-game.

If I choose a cloud layer, I see the layer as white like it should be. I don't like the cloud layer effect however. 8 player in-game color adjustments have no effect on the pink clouds.

Offline NHawk

• Silver Member
Pink Clouds
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2007, 05:15:33 AM »
I have yet to see pink clouds in the game.

1) The time of day is casting an orange/red glow on the clouds that your system is showing as pink.

2) Time for a new monitor.
Most of the people you meet in life are like slinkies. Pretty much useless, but still bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
-------------------------------
Sometimes I think I have alzheimers. But then I forget about it and it's not a problem anymore.

Offline Dux

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Pink Clouds
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2007, 11:15:09 AM »
Perhaps you've played with your Arena Settings at some point... double-check your ColorCloudsDay setting and make sure it's white (all sliders right -->).
Rogue Squadron, CO
5th AF, FSO Squadron, Member

We all have a blind date with Destiny... and it looks like she's ordered the lobster.

Offline gpa3

• Zinc Member
Pink Clouds
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2007, 11:29:34 AM »
lol, this can't just be me.

I see it on two different monitors. My video card is an Nvidia 5700le. Nothing strange there. My Envision flat screen 19" monitor is almost new. No problem with colors.

You could say on my emachines monitor... well it looks sorta grey, but you also see the pink on it. Unless you convince yourself that grey is pink and you don't look to hard. But if you look close you still see pink on both monitors.

The slider bar settings in my 8 player have no effect on clouds. I can put them on black and the clouds are still pink.

I don't think it is anything I am doing, since the slide bars (cloud color day, etc.) have no effect on the color and I am using the files created right from the cloud editor.

Also, like I said... if I select cloud layers in the cloud editor instead of clouds, they are clearly white with no trace of pink, no doubt about the white color at all.

Offline croduh

• Gold Member
Pink Clouds
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2007, 12:48:44 PM »
Dux, i am pretty sure that option is not working.In h2h that is, dunno bout rest.But should be the same.

Offline gpa3

• Zinc Member
Pink Clouds
« Reply #5 on: June 15, 2007, 11:48:42 PM »
I flew in the MA tonight. Both clouds and cloud layer were all pure white in the MA. No shades of pink like the 8 player.

In 8 player also noticed that tank smoke has shades of pink like clouds