Author Topic: Th course of British Society in the future  (Read 4674 times)

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
Th course of British Society in the future
« Reply #210 on: July 13, 2007, 05:34:37 PM »
Well, if you are representative of Harrow's product, you're getting A's in their classes and you really believe what you post here, all I can say is "My, my.... poor Harrow. It had such a great reputation."
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #211 on: July 13, 2007, 05:36:24 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
Well, if you are representative of Harrow's product, you're getting A's in their classes and you really believe what you post here, all I can say is "My, my.... poor Harrow. It had such a great reputation."

Shame you don't take that attitude towards me and the reputation of harrow;
on the the terroists and the reputation of islam, you sir have now contradicted your own fundamental arguement.

Offline Toad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #212 on: July 13, 2007, 05:40:45 PM »
From this thread, sir, I suggest the shame is upon both you and Harrow.
If ye love wealth better than liberty, the tranquility of servitude than the animated contest of freedom, go from us in peace. We ask not your counsels or arms. Crouch down and lick the hands which feed you. May your chains sit lightly upon you, and may posterity forget that you were our countrymen!

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #213 on: July 13, 2007, 05:45:20 PM »
Originally posted by Toad
From this thread, sir, I suggest the shame is upon both you and Harrow.

Touche Toad, thus from 9/11 , I suggest the shame is upon both Bin Laden and islam.

Offline Whisky58

• Copper Member
« Reply #214 on: July 13, 2007, 06:22:41 PM »
Originally posted by Laurie
You seem to think straight A's is top notch, meet mister A*, thta is what is expected is of us, B grades are seen as failure. You know in some exams the level of an A is 65%?
You seem to feel 98% at KS2 in maths is not enough?
80% is hard enough to find amongst the state sector pupils.

Although i must admit, I'd lose out to them in the Tracksuit and trainers general knowledge exam or how to make a 3 star resort that of 2 stars. they've made those  ones by now surely? I'm sure they'll be some ridiculous legislation or civil liberty somewhere dictating that it's an injustice not to have it somewhere. At least they'll get some half decent marks

Have you been to a state school recently and seen what type of places these have become due a mix of cultures and multi cultural collision?

Notice one thing, the majority , especially in London of state school children are of ethnic minority, and notice another thing, the flowers on the lamppost down the road due to another knife crime death, this is why 'daddy' forks out.

Your dumb bellybutton approach and typical lower class view of generalization at the upper-class schools makes clear why you are not here with us.  In 2003 Eton came top of the school league tables in GCSE, can't be all that dumb or accepted simply on a financial basis can we? My brother having taken his GCSE's that very year at Eton.

Laurie, acting like an angry, intolerant and bigoted public schoolboy is no way to go through life.

Hopefully when you get the chance to travel & work amongst people from all sorts of backgrounds, races and religions and have expanded your education (although your KS2 maths result is commendable) you will gain a more balanced, objective and reasonable attitude towards a source of conflict that has been going on for 800 years or so.

Regards.
Whisky

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #215 on: July 13, 2007, 06:29:31 PM »
Originally posted by Whisky58
Laurie, acting like an angry, intolerant and bigoted public schoolboy is no way to go through life.

Hopefully when you get the chance to travel & work amongst people from all sorts of backgrounds, races and religions and have expanded your education (although your KS2 maths result is commendable) you will gain a more balanced, objective and reasonable attitude towards a source of conflict that has been going on for 800 years or so.

Regards.

At least you talk with some respect rather than focus all your rounds at one piont.