Author Topic: Do you remember your first kill?  (Read 1307 times)

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
Do you remember your first kill?
« Reply #15 on: June 20, 2007, 02:26:36 PM »
VonMessa: If we're including bomber kills, I've got an even earlier one than my hurri2c kill. That was just my "fighter v fighter" first kill. I don't know if this one here is my first ever, but it's my first memorable kill.

I was in a B-26 with 4k bombs heading out to bomb a field or a town or something. I take off and climb up. I head toward the enemy front. I line up on the town or the hangars (I don't recall which, it doesn't matter) but as I'm in the bombsight I see a B-17 taking off heading the EXACT opposite direction as me. He's already airborne passing the end of the runway.

So after my bombs drop I don't even wait for the results. I close the doors, jump back to pilot's seat, roll inverted and split S for my LIFE!

I come down from 8k-ish down to about 1-2k-ish. I'm coming in steep. I start making a lot of noise, and eventually shed a control surface (just an aileron if I recall). I come up behind the B-27 and just as I'm about to open up he spots me at 800 out. I fire, he fires, I go in closer, closer, closer, keep getting hits ("damn! those b17s are STRONG!" is what I thought) and as I get to about 300 yards he falls out of the sky. I'm not on a heading back to my start field, so I go home missing some engine oil and other bits.

It was hilarious and wonderful!

Offline MstWntd

• Copper Member
« Reply #16 on: June 20, 2007, 02:27:48 PM »
Originally posted by Guppy35
I remember mine from back in AW in 1996.  I shot the first moving airplane I saw, which was in front of me.  Problem was we were on the same team :)

Killshooter Owns.

Offline 4510

• Copper Member
« Reply #17 on: June 20, 2007, 02:49:42 PM »
My first was in AW 1993ish time frame.

I took off in a P51.. and Merch of the 4thFG said "follow me" (well typed actually.. we only had text back then)

The dialog was something like...

Me: where we going?
Merch: See those dots
Me: Yeah
Merch: that's where.
Me: the NME are there?
Merch: yeah
Me: so what do we do when we get there?
Merch: die
Me: WHAT?
Merch: IN IN!

Somehow in all that mess I managed to shoot down an F6F.  That was back in the day when the mouth would get dry, the hands would sweat, etc.  (probably because we were paying by the hour).

storch

« Reply #18 on: June 20, 2007, 02:52:32 PM »
nope, but I remember my first....nevermind.

Offline Target2

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: June 20, 2007, 03:03:00 PM »
My first kill was a KI-61. I was in a Spit 8 or 9 I think. I was actually showing the game to my father-in-law and a friend. I took off and was just cruising around when I saw a con. I closed in, and when he saw me he began to break left. I pulled some lead and fired and removed his left wing.  I remember being totaly amazed that I got him.
71 Eagle Squadron

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #20 on: June 20, 2007, 03:11:53 PM »
Well we have to go back to 1996 and A10Cuba over Kali. Kept running into this vondoom guy, and one day he asks if I'm interested in WWII planes.

Well DUH, sure I am, so he points me to warbirds. Thus begins the addiction!

First kill in AH, well we still go back to like 99 in beta. Wasn't my first sortie, but I am pretty sure I was in a spitfire and caught a p51 low and slow. Then again it was a LONG long time and many many kills ago.  :)

Offline Helm

• Nickel Member
« Reply #21 on: June 20, 2007, 03:14:43 PM »
I was a refugee from Air Warrior looking for a place for our squad to move to.  I took up a Bf109g and got 2 kills on my mission.  When it was time to land I bounched all over the place but got her down.  The difference from Air Warrior was staggering.  Aces high was sooo cool that I moved here and left the squad behind.

Good Hunting!!
XO of ^"^Nazgul^"^
Proudly serving since campaign #13
"No Rain?" ...."No Rainbow, baby!" ....Bootsey Collins 2009

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #22 on: June 20, 2007, 03:41:42 PM »
My first online sortie - flying with the EZTargets (in Warbirds.)

They kept telling me I was crazy to fly the F4U (except Mury, who kept telling the rest of them to let me fly what I wanted) and we were on climbout when a P-47D flew under us.  Everyone said - let the new guy try! - so I split essed, throttled back, and lined up on him.  

He never even saw me coming (or was most likely AFK) and I tore him apart.

I couldn't understand why the guys were so excited (he was a non-maneuvering target after all) - first sortie out online.  I didn't realize that most people jumped in and flew online without much (or any) practice, and could take weeks or months to get their first kill.

Meanwhile, I'd spent the better part of a 1000 hours or more shooting down the offline AI.

I then proceeded to spend a good thousand hours trying to unlearn a bunch of bad habits I'd learned fighting AI that never took advantage of you if you zoomed over them- but that's another story.

First AH kill - nope.  Don't remember.
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Gwjr2

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: June 20, 2007, 03:58:55 PM »
Yup was a Chog I flew into hillside my 1st AH kill was myself lol :D
Bigamy is having one wife too many. Monogamy is the same.

Offline Spazzter

• Copper Member
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2007, 04:08:22 PM »
I don't remember my first kill, but my first moment worth remembering was back in Air Warrior.  I was flying for the C landers and headed toward Bz land.  I was flying along with a squadmate looking for some action when another one of our squadmates starts screaming for help.  He is on the deck extending/running from two cons that are closing.  I start to dive in my P51 toward them and am able to ping the first trailer and kill him.  I continue to pursue and catch the second con and kill him also.  What a feeling to get two kills and clear a squaddie.  I have been a regular junkie/addict ever since.  By the way after killinig the two cons I proceeded to get ping,ping, red screen.  Those of you Air Warriors out there know what I mean.  LOL :lol

Spazz

Offline kilz

• Gold Member
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2007, 04:22:10 PM »
MY first kill was an LTAR
Former LTARkilz

R.I.P 68KO, TailSpin, Maj1Shot, Prop31st, SWfire, rodders, Vega, easy8, 11Bravo, AWMac, GMC31st, Stoliman, WWhiskey

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2007, 04:37:29 PM »
Dont remember what i killed because it was a loooooong time ago, but i guess the kill was made in a D9 as that was the plane i flew the first few weeks.

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2007, 04:39:30 PM »
My first kill was an A-20  and I was in a yak9T!:aok

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"

Offline OdinGrunherze

• Copper Member
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2007, 04:44:24 PM »
Started AH about 3 weeks ago... Yep,I remember...
After about 4hr's of offline practice, Learning which buttons worked what functions... I beamed into the EW, upped a spitI and flew around untill I figured out the clipboard map... I thought COOL, it even conk's out under negG, just like the real thing...
Chased down a red blip on radar, shot down a JU88 lead plane... Flew back to base, and an FW190 was strafing my field... Dove on him, smoked his engine, and blacked out during the pullout, then woke up just in time to splat on my own hanger....Cool stuff man...
I subscribed Immediately!!!

OG

Offline yanksfan

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2007, 06:10:51 PM »
My first ever kill came in a P38L "i think", TODD420 took me into the ma and right after we took off i lost him, i was all alone, next thing i know im over an enemy base, lots of targets so i dive from about 10 k and control lock, took ever thing i could do to pull it up, but by the time i came out of the black out i was getting sawed in half by ack, flak and whatever the hack else it takes to cut a 38 in half.

as i stalled the plane out and it went into a flat spin, i noticed about a zillion planes forming a conga line right to me all screaming "mine mine mine" a pulled the trigger and watched a couple of the conga line leaders explode b4 i hit the ground.

my first kill was two kills and one death.
ESTES- will you have my baby?
Ack-Ack -As long as we can name the baby Shuffler if it's a boy and Mensa if it's a girl.

80th FS "Headhunters"