Author Topic: Help!!!!  (Read 349 times)

Offline Isaristh

• Zinc Member
Help!!!!
« on: June 21, 2007, 10:38:25 PM »
ZOMG im new to this, id for now i HATE IT. every freken time i try playing, something goes wrong. Im in the plane, i take off (took me forever to find out how the heck to take off) then i find out the slightest movement will black me out. Then theres that annoying buzzing noise.

I REALLY need some help, i mean REALLY REALLY.

Offline NateWolf

• Zinc Member
Help!!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2007, 10:50:57 PM »
You are pulling up too hard. The blacking out is caused by high G-force and the buzzing is telling you that you are about to stall. I think. Might want to ask one of the pros here.

Also, just the slightest bit of reading would've answered this question...

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
Help!!!!
« Reply #2 on: June 21, 2007, 11:25:11 PM »
Search
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Spatula

• Silver Member
Help!!!!
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2007, 12:22:36 AM »
It could also be an issue with stick-scaling, and/or calibration. Try these two sites and look for controller setup etc:

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/

http://www.netaces.org/

A first port of call would be to work you way through the first 1/2 of either of these two sites paying attention to the setup, flight principles, etiquette guides etc. Learn to control your aircraft to a reasonable degree of competence before moving on to actual combat.

Also, are you using a joystick, or flying with the mouse? I'd strongly recommend a joystick.

And above ALL else, you will need: PATIENCE and be prepared for long and steep learning curve. Its hard work especially to begin with, but well well worth it.
Airborne Kitchen Utensil Assault Group

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
Help!!!!
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2007, 07:21:23 AM »
I knew this was gonna be trouble when I saw "ZOMG":noid
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline Wizer

• Nickel Member
Re: Help!!!!
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2007, 08:13:04 AM »
Originally posted by Isaristh
ZOMG im new to this, id for now i HATE IT. every freken time i try playing, something goes wrong. Im in the plane, i take off (took me forever to find out how the heck to take off) then i find out the slightest movement will black me out. Then theres that annoying buzzing noise.

Go to the training arena and hook up with a trainer.  You will get all the assistance you need there.   This is a great simulation so hang in there and welcome aboard.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: Help!!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 22, 2007, 08:39:19 AM »
Originally posted by Isaristh

This isn't "just some game". There is a lot of information to read and digest. This is not a game you can just throw the "instruction book" aside and jump in and start killing.

For most people, those that really WANT to learn a WWII flight sim, it takes weeks just to get the basics down, MONTHS to get to the point where you could think about getting a kill per flight on a regular basis.

Check out the links posted above, and practice of line for a bit to get the hang of it. Ask questions you can find answers for with the "search" feature at the top of the page. Most will be willing to help.

Its a complicated game, with a lot to learn, but the pay off is great! This game is a lot of fun, with many challanges.

Good luck !