Author Topic: Understanding, and maybe embracing? the Squeaker  (Read 499 times)

Offline toonces3

• Nickel Member
Understanding, and maybe embracing? the Squeaker
« on: June 25, 2007, 11:16:16 AM »
Hey all,
Since I'm a newbie myself, I can't really be throwing darts at the new guy squeakers.  But I've been giving this some thought, and maybe they don't deserve all the grief they get online.  Here's why I say this:

First, I don't understand why a squeaker would play AH2 at all.  I mean, think about it.  How many different distractions does the average squeaker have to amuse him/herself?  The typical squeaker is on his Wii or PS3 playing Madden or Medal of Honor, right?  Then, the ones that have a PC are online playing Quake or Battlefield 1942 or whatever, right?  Then there's that small, small segment that for whatever reason are online playing an arguably difficult online flight sim- one that I'd argue takes at least some measure of maturity to play.  This in and of itself- their choice to play AH2 of all the online games out there- gives me pause to consider their motivation.

Second, while many of them are squeaky and their voices make you want to hit the squelch button, some of them can really fly well.  The other night, a certain squeaker upped a bomber mission and took out some fighter hangers, landed and took up a Jabo and took out some town stuff, landed and took up a C-47 that captured the field for the Bish.  He did this with opposition over the enemy field.  Heck, I can't even find the fighter hangers on the base, let alone hit them with a bomber with someone shooting at me!

Third, they're diverse.  GV's?  What are those?  I figured they were just these little red dots I see every once in a while when I'm doing 300 mph on the deck.  Boats?  AH2 has boats?  These squeakers, though, they can up any number of vehicles, planes, boats, whatever suits the current battle.  

Finally, they're good at the GAME.  What I mean is that they have a deeper understanding already of how the game of AH2 is played.  To me, it's a place to dogfight and participate in FSO.  These guys know what all those little map symbol thingies (the paintbrush one, the ones with the red borders, the little stick man one) mean.  They know what the signficance of them are.

So, I say the squeakers are alright.  I can't imagine what they see in this game when there are so many more simple, action packed games competing for their online time.  But I say it takes a certain brand of squeaker to find their way onto AH2 and not only survive, but thrive.  So give a squeaker a hug, and be friendly up there.  Most of you guys are alright!  :aok
"And I got my  :rocklying problem fix but my voice is going to inplode your head" -Kennyhayes

"My thread is forum gold, it should be melted down, turned into minature f/a-18 fighter jets and handed out to everyone who participated." -Thrila

Offline SteveBailey

• Gold Member
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2007, 11:36:19 AM »
The term "squeaker" is defined by more than someone having a high pitched voice.

My personal favorite squeaker: The 4 star General Squeaker. Often these people have been playing a very short time but they somehow have gained insight and wisdom beyond anyone else in the arena. Listening to him(her?) scream and rant as he/she shouts out commands and rails against his/her own team because the people on said team:  

A: don't work together
B: don't have a clue how to defend/take a base
C: have no idea how a cv is supposed to be operated correctly
D: are vulching instead of shooting buildings
E: are mindlessly furballing instead of shooting buildings
F: didn't clear his/her six
G: aren't carrying ord
H: I could go on and on hehehe

Actually, the adult 4 star Generals amuse me too.   :)

Offline Raptor

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2007, 12:44:14 PM »
Blasphemy!

Offline Larry

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2007, 01:02:56 PM »
Toon I didnt read your post but I remember you in the AvA a few weeks back. You my be a noob and I dont know if you are a tee but you arent a squeaker. You are someone trying to learn the game and are calm and nice about asking about something.

Iv been in the TA when real squeakers are on. Asking how to setup tier mic, after I halped them I wish I didnt do it. Then I listen to them squeak about "SOMEONE!!! SHOW ME HOW TO FIGHT!!" or "WHAT THE FASTEST PLANE!!!" or my all time favorit " HOW DO I LOCK MY ROCKETS ONTO YOU!!!"

Edit: Okay just read your post.

"Why we hate squeaker by Larry"

Squeakers are kids who fly AH only when school lets out. They are little boys who, rather play outside with thier friends, come on to Aces High and try to boss everyone around. Sometimes they act like they can fly but when you look at thier score, I know score means nothing but it gives you an idea, they have a few hundred sorties and less then ten kills. They tell everyone on range what they are doing, like we care. [squeak] "Guys Im in a spitfire, I cant remember which one but Im going to thier base" [/squeak]. Squeakers for give me headachs and you cant make out what they are saying, so like some people I say "what?" Most of the time if they keep up range chatter I tell them to "shut up no one cares". The only squeak I will ever like is the ones on different country that up over and over and just let you kill em. And that is why we hate squeakers.

The End.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 01:13:53 PM by Larry »
Once known as ''TrueKill''.
JG 54 "Grünherz"
July '18 KOTH Winner

Offline halcyon

• Copper Member
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2007, 01:07:01 PM »
I embrace squeakers with .squelch

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2007, 01:31:45 PM »
I embrace squeakers with my guns.

squeak
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline hubsonfire

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2007, 03:49:53 PM »
See my sig.
mook
++Blue Knights++

Proper punctuation and capitalization go a long way towards people paying attention to your posts.  -Stoney
I was wondering why I get ignored so often.  -Hitech

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2007, 04:32:35 PM »
squeeker?

lets hurry up and get this latest simpleton ioditic nitwit twit word purged from the lexicon of the game.  A dweeb is a dweeb, regardless of any other factor, and should never have the power and authority its application generates diminished or beguiled in any way.

Dweeb!
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Solar10

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2007, 05:00:04 PM »
I think what toons is trying to say is that not all squeakers are dweebs.  I agree.  A squeaker is someone who makes your ears bleed and eyes water.  A really good squeaker can break glass.
~Hells Angels~
Solar10

Offline Estes

• Gold Member
Re: Understanding, and maybe embracing? the Squeaker
« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2007, 05:40:04 PM »
Originally posted by toonces3
Blah blah, embrace the squeakers.

Uh, no. Every squeaker I've ever ran into was in fact a dweeb as well.

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
« Reply #10 on: June 25, 2007, 06:10:09 PM »
Any online video game you play you'll run into squeakers.  Fortunately the amount of squeakers are far lower than pretty much any other game on the internet because the age base is much higher here.

Go play Counter-Strike, BF2, WoW, etc etc.

You'll realize how good we have it.
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline 68Boomer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 10:57:13 PM »
Gents....be careful how much you trash them....todays squeaker....tomorrows health care porvider taking care of you in your old age.:D

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 11:39:38 PM »
Originally posted by Larry
"SOMEONE!!! SHOW ME HOW TO FIGHT!!" or "WHAT THE FASTEST PLANE!!!" or my all time favorite " HOW DO I LOCK MY ROCKETS ONTO YOU!!!"

:rofl

Then they find the LW Button and they are yelling

"GUYS!! GUYS!! LARRY SHOWED ME HOW TO FLY AND SHOOT MY GUNS!!"

And you are like::o

The best part is showing then the 30K spawn in the TA, and not show them how to pull up.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2007, 11:42:00 PM by SpikesX »
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com