Author Topic: Confidence in the bottle?  (Read 1038 times)

Offline Squire

• Aces High CM Staff (Retired)
  • Platinum Member
Confidence in the bottle?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2007, 08:06:37 PM »
"Confidence in the bottle?"

Try whisky, works for me. ;)
Warloc
Friday Squad Ops CM Team
1841 Squadron Fleet Air Arm
Aces High since Tour 24

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2007, 10:35:59 PM »
dunno if this has anything to do with this post......but today after clearing a la7 off of a countrymans tail in my p38j, i was heading home for fuel........had a spitfire drop on me with much more speed than i could muster....my normal reaction to this would've been to dive away as i didn't really have the E to successfully fight him..or so i thought......so, i watched him as he closed on me...by the time he was within 1.5K he was only about 300-400 feet above me.....at 1.0K, i started a left turn, with reduced throttle(almost to idle), and bordering on blakout...as i saw him come within 600, i punched it, and did a climbing/rolling turn to the right. i don't have a friggin clue to what i did, or what he did to end up in front of me, but as i came round to level again, i saw him slightly lower than me, and crossing from my right to left.....i chopped throttles again, pushed over into a left turnning dive, and just before he hit my sites, i popped off about a 4 second burst...........saw hits scored on his wing and rear fuselage, and followed him into a climbing left turn.....but he altered it...when i almost had guns, he would dive all the while maintaining the turn. even working throttle and flaps i couldn't quite get guns on him, but stayed with him till i saw his buddy about a half mile away, climbing to us........so i waited.....he went into the dive again, so i simply remained level and exited the turn headed home. 6 months ago, this guy would had me for lunch. if i were a better marksman, i'd have hed him for lunch on that move i did........but i think the moral here is that i saw that i wasn't gonna get away by diving, so i just sucked it up and made like i had a clue:D .  guess there's a first time for everything.

<>all
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline jeebusro

• Zinc Member
      • http://isawsome.net
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2007, 10:36:56 PM »
First off - thanks for what ya do Doc. We wouldn't do what we do without ya.

Second, I was JUST commenting about how my gunnery seems to increase when I'm down a few beers. As well as the kill count. Very interesting. So I guess I have to start drinking more?

Offline 1HAMMER1

• Zinc Member
« Reply #18 on: June 25, 2007, 09:07:38 AM »
I feel like I started a one man campaign to promote drinking and flying lol. Next thing you know, everyone will be drunk or wasted flying AHII, that should make for some interesting Monte Python type comedy... anyone know the velocity of an unladden European swallow being chased by a Ki8?
I agree that time, practice, research, and experience has improved my skill in-game (in-bed too I guess) but just found it fascinating how quickly and how much a few bolstering drinks can do for the game in relation to confidence or that "screw it, lets do this" attitude.
I will be trying out the 90% aggression thing today, probably end up with a few drinks in me anyway by nights end. Hope to see you all around and not on my 6.

~Doc

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
« Reply #19 on: June 25, 2007, 09:36:10 AM »
Jaxxo is good value when he's hammered.
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

storch

« Reply #20 on: June 25, 2007, 10:09:10 AM »
jaxxo is a cheap date in a torn and stained blue dress.

Offline Yknurd

• Silver Member
      • Satan Is Cool...Tell Your Friends
« Reply #21 on: June 25, 2007, 12:28:45 PM »
Originally posted by Stang
Aggressiveness alone will make you better than 90% of the pilots in the MA.  Simply fly on the edge and you'll outfly almost anyone.  

Why be timid?  It's just a cartoon plane and a virtual life.  Let it hang out and see what happens.  That's how you get better.  You'll learn a lot of cool new moves by doing this too.

Hi Stang!

I agree.

I miss how Shane used to talk crap about timid people in the Arenas and on the boards.  Slobberdonkeys and leg humpers abound!
Drunky | SubGenius
Fat Drunk Bastards
B.A.A.H. - Black Association of Aces High

Offline JimBeam

• Copper Member
« Reply #22 on: June 25, 2007, 02:21:31 PM »
:huh ....people play aces high sober????
JimBeam 367th "Dynamite Gang"

"In my experience JimBeam never goes down easy" -wil3ur

Pilots...looking down on people since 1903

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
« Reply #23 on: June 25, 2007, 04:44:31 PM »
Don't even go to the starting gate, if you think your gonna be second. Heck yeah confidence has much to do with most everything.
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline jaxxo

• Silver Member
« Reply #24 on: June 25, 2007, 11:39:34 PM »
well how could i not chip in on this one lol....

My biggest advice..dont agree to DA unless your positive the guy is a newb..also if you just logged in late on a Friday and are Sober be sure to ask Skyrock to DA..if he stalls you know he's had afew and will be very reluctant..(cough ..pwned by Hub..cough :lol)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that might do it  :eek:

Offline SkyRock

• Platinum Member
« Reply #25 on: June 26, 2007, 03:03:03 AM »
Originally posted by jaxxo
well how could i not chip in on this one lol....

My biggest advice..dont agree to DA unless your positive the guy is a newb..also if you just logged in late on a Friday and are Sober be sure to ask Skyrock to DA..if he stalls you know he's had afew and will be very reluctant..(cough ..pwned by Hub..cough :lol)

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that might do it  :eek:
:rofl

PS:  Just because you said something funny, doesn't mean you are not a complete moron jaxxoff dweebtwit!

Oh, and here's a ! just for good measure!!!

Mark

Triton28 - "...his stats suggest he has a healthy combination of suck and sissy!"