Author Topic: Two massive car bombs found in London  (Read 4566 times)

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Two massive car bombs found in London
« Reply #120 on: July 04, 2007, 05:52:06 AM »
I'm not particularly fond of either Christanity or Islam ... but I know which I'd prefer.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #121 on: July 04, 2007, 06:00:12 AM »
Originally posted by AKH
As to our Islamist terrorist problem.  Again, this is a matter of history.  When did our problems start?  Well, shortly after we joined with the US in fighting the "War on Terror."  Of course, the whole thing got a lot worse after we invaded Iraq.  So, when I point the finger of blame, I do so in the direction of Tony Blair and the Labour government of the time, since no invasion would have meant no problem for us.
The problem you have goes further back than that. Try WW1 and shortly after when you gave the Arab world the big shaft.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #122 on: July 04, 2007, 06:08:47 AM »
Originally posted by Viking
I'm not particularly fond of either Christanity or Islam ... but I know which I'd prefer.

Oh come on, its not like asatro is so much better. All those messy animal or human sacrifices, all those weird traditions...yuck.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #123 on: July 04, 2007, 06:26:34 AM »
Well it seems Gordon Brown has figured how to deal with this problem:
Gordon Brown has banned ministers from using the word “Muslim” in connection with the terrorism crisis.

The Prime Minister has also instructed his team – including new Home Secretary Jacqui Smith – that the phrase “war on terror” is to be dropped.

The shake-up is part of a fresh attempt to improve community relations and avoid offending Muslims, adopting a more “consensual” tone than existed under Tony Blair. ...

Perhaps all the Ministers could wear bhurkas too, THAT would make the bombers the errors of their ways!

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline moot

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.dasmuppets.com
« Reply #124 on: July 04, 2007, 06:29:42 AM »
Originally posted by bj229r
always seem to have a visceral hatred of Christianity (but NEVER Islam) that transcends all logic?>

Key words bolded.
Hello ant
running very fast
I squish you

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #125 on: July 04, 2007, 06:42:05 AM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
Oh come on, its not like asatro is so much better. All those messy animal or human sacrifices, all those weird traditions...yuck.

Asatro?

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: July 04, 2007, 06:59:41 AM »
Originally posted by Viking
Asatro?

You know, Tor, Oden, the old gang.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #127 on: July 04, 2007, 07:05:21 AM »
Ásatrú (Icelandic for "Æsir faith", pronounced [auːsatruː], in Old Norse [aːsatruː]) is a new religious movement whose focus is reviving the Norse paganism of the Viking Age - as described in the Eddas - prior to the Christianization of Scandinavia.

Ásatrú was established in the 1960s and early 1970s in Iceland, by the Íslenska Ásatrúarfélagið, an organization founded by Sveinbjörn Beinteinsson. Ásatrú is a religion officially recognized by the governments of Iceland (since 1973), Norway (since 1994), Denmark (since 2003) and Sweden (since 2007). The United States government does not officially endorse or recognize any religious group, but numerous Ásatrú groups have been granted nonprofit religious status going back to the 1970s.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: July 04, 2007, 07:06:23 AM »
Asatru ?
edit I mean "odinisme" :)

storch

« Reply #129 on: July 04, 2007, 07:07:08 AM »
Originally posted by Masherbrum
When's the last time you were there?   I live 7 minutes from it.    What you fail to realize is most here, left that region for a reason.
I was there last in 2001 in the summer.  we were visiting with friends that live in auburn hills, a detroit suburb when I mentioned the arab population problem in my neighborhood he told me about dearborn.  I suggested he was exaggerating.  he drove us there, I couldn't believe my eyes.  I saw few blacks, no whites and mostly middle easterners.

what people left the region?  there was humanity everywhere.  :aok

what struck me as odd was the amazing prosperity of some communities and the bleak poverty evident in others within such proximity.  you could be in a hellhole and literally five blocks away be in a much nicer section.  the north is a strange place.

we don't have that here.

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #130 on: July 04, 2007, 07:11:07 AM »
You know, Tor, Oden, the old gang.

Ah ... no I'd rather not have those Gods back. The Irish might get nervous.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #131 on: July 04, 2007, 07:17:47 AM »
Originally posted by straffo
Asatru ?
edit I mean "odinisme" :)

lol "odinisme"? Is that the french name for it?

Asatro comes from "asa" or "asar" wich is the generic name for the old gods..I suppose it could be translated as "god" or "gods"

tro is the swedish word for faith/believe.

Offline straffo

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #132 on: July 04, 2007, 07:22:20 AM »
lol "odinisme"? Is that the french name for it?

Asatro comes from "asa" or "asar" wich is the generic name for the old gods..I suppose it could be translated as "god" or "gods"

tro is the swedish word for faith/believe.

Yep it's the French word for it ... I love this word it because it can be easily confused with ondinisme :D

ondinisme : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ondinisme_%28sexualit%C3%A9%29
(check the English link ;))

odinisme : http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Asatru

Offline Trell

• Nickel Member
« Reply #133 on: July 04, 2007, 08:10:31 AM »
Originally posted by storch
I was there last in 2001 in the summer.  we were visiting with friends that live in auburn hills, a detroit suburb when I mentioned the arab population problem in my neighborhood he told me about dearborn.  I suggested he was exaggerating.  he drove us there, I couldn't believe my eyes.  I saw few blacks, no whites and mostly middle easterners.

what people left the region?  there was humanity everywhere.  :aok

what struck me as odd was the amazing prosperity of some communities and the bleak poverty evident in others within such proximity.  you could be in a hellhole and literally five blocks away be in a much nicer section.  the north is a strange place.

we don't have that here.

Michigan is far more segregated  then most other places i have seen,  we really do for the most part live within our own race and or nationality here.

but for all the arabs we have here.  if they were as evil as everyone thinks,  we should have truck bombings daily here.

Offline -tronski-

• Gold Member
« Reply #134 on: July 04, 2007, 09:08:33 AM »
Originally posted by Seagoon
In any event in answer to your question nothing in my post said anything remotely like the cynical "breed for Jesus" line. As you'll remember, I'm orginally from Britain myself and still keep in touch with friends and family, read British media, etc. We both know that Britain is to use the German Chancellor's phrase a "post-Christian" nation with only a tiny evangelical community. Football has a much larger and devoted following than Christ, so in a very real sense the current worldview struggle there is not between Islam and Christianity, its between Islam and various expressions of materialism.

What I was pointing out in my original post was simply a statistical certainity given current trends. As British Journalist Melanie Phillips put in 2002, Britain is committing a form of "social suicide." Indigenous Britons no longer marry (the marriage rate has dropped to 40%) or have families of any size, in fact they are currently having children at a rate below the replacement level and abortion has reached all time highs (So much for Nelson's: "England Expects That Every Man Will Do His Duty"). By contrast, Muslims marry and generally have large families. They are in that sense providing the future population of Britain. They are also proving resistant to the siren-song of atheistic materialism which dominates indigenous Britain, in fact their leaders  routinely complain about how decadent and empty of purpose the society has become and I'd say their critique is correct, but their solution is worse than the problem. Tronsky, if current trends continue, in a hundred years Britain will be a nation dominated by masjids, maddrassas, minarets and hijabs.

Oh please - you're no better than the morons on foxnews adding up the fifty ways to spell mohammed to make a point about how Islam are racking up the babies, while dullard westerners are too busy playing Xbox, and having abortions to stop Johnny Jihad from (as South Park elequently put it) Damnit, they took our jaorbs! Its hardly like you warned in a hundred years, Britain are going to be overun by Manchester United fans! I'm very sure the next time you ring Auntie Beryl from watford she'll be *****ing and moaning about the darkies down the road (not like that nice paki chap who owns the curry shop on the high street)....it must be quite the high times for the National Front and their kind...

Originally posted by Dowding
Hey look Tronsky, he's got you all figured out! You visceral hater of Christianity, you!

If anyone has a visceral hatred of another religion around here, Seagoon, I'm afraid you would appear to be one of the most likely candidates. Like some reciprocal, up-side-down David Irving, you seek to blame the actions of a minority on a diverse majority. It really is quite interesting to watch.

Fundamentalists are the same the world over - they want to take away your independence of action and thought, building a mono-ideological society as they go... whatever flavour they come in.

Yes, I hadn't realised the hate flowed so very freely from me....damn this free will, oh whoes me...if only someone could take it away from me and just tell me what to think and do!

I'm sure there's a passage in the bible thats would explain my cynicisms away...opps I did it again...damn damn damn damn this hate...but then nobody expects the Spanish Inquisition!

Tronsky
« Last Edit: July 04, 2007, 09:23:57 AM by -tronski- »
God created Arrakis to train the faithful