Author Topic: Two massive car bombs found in London  (Read 4567 times)

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
Two massive car bombs found in London
« Reply #135 on: July 04, 2007, 09:39:10 AM »
May I ask what the point is here?

We are (were) talking about terrorist attacks in the UK planned and executed by fundie moslems. You are talking about christianity because...?

Has there been some major wave of terrorist attacks carried out by christians lately that I have completely missed?

Why is it, that whenever someone says "fundie moslems scare the **** out of me" someone else always harps in with "all fundies are bad...lets not forget the christian fundies"

There is a degree of difference between the two that is so enormous that comparing the two would be like comparing the casualty figures in ww2 with the number of injuries in the world series last year.

If you dig out the worst fundie christian you can think of right now, I think this guy must be a contender for the #1 spot.

If we dig out the worst fundie moslem you can think of right now...well, first, there is quite a handful to chose from...right... but we can probably all agree that their handywork looks something like this:

Notice anything different between the two categories of fundies?

After that, lets look at the relative frequency of fundies to "normals" of each faith.

After that, lets look at the relative number of lethal terrorist attacks performed by members of each faith.

After that, lets look at the actions and activities in the "silent majority" of each faith.

After that, lets look at the relative influence in respective nations of fundies in each faith.

Offline bj229r

• Platinum Member
« Reply #136 on: July 04, 2007, 10:11:05 AM »
Originally posted by -tronski-
Oh please - you're no better than the morons on foxnews adding up the fifty ways to spell mohammed to make a point about how Islam are racking up the babies.....  

Wow, did you learn such techniques at Harvard? Such a typical knee-jerk, emotionally devoid-of-thought response to well-reasoned, factually correct assertion .Where might I learn such techniques that I might be as good a debater as you?
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers

http://www.flamewarriors.net/forum/

Offline Maverick

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #137 on: July 04, 2007, 10:14:46 AM »
Originally posted by bj229r
Wow, did you learn such techniques at Harvard? Such a typical knee-jerk, emotionally devoid-of-thought response to well-reasoned, factually correct assertion .Where might I learn such techniques that I might be as good a debater as you?

Perhaps it's the University of Fosters............

:p
DEFINITION OF A VETERAN
A Veteran - whether active duty, retired, national guard or reserve - is someone who, at one point in their life, wrote a check made payable to "The United States of America", for an amount of "up to and including my life."
Author Unknown

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: July 04, 2007, 10:49:12 AM »
Originally posted by Hortlund
If you dig out the worst fundie christian you can think of right now, I think this guy must be a contender for the #1 spot.

No, I’d say these guys are more deserving of that dubious honor:

And their handiwork looks like this:

The Kingsmill Massacre

The Altnaveigh Massacre

Enniskillen War Memorial Massacre

The Tullyvallen Massacre

Darkley Gospel Hall Massacre

Glennanne Ulster Defence Regiment Base

The Warrenpoint Massacre of soldiers from the Parachute Regiment

Bloody Friday in Belfast

The Dropping-Well Inn

The RUC station in Newry mortar bombed

Omagh bus bomb Massacre of British soldiers

Then there is the Bosnian Serbs and the Kosovo Serbs and we all know what those good Christians did:

Your point is taken though; that there are a LOT of Muslim fanatics. But contemporary Christianity is not devoid of monsters either.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #139 on: July 04, 2007, 10:54:23 AM »
So you are claiming that the IRA acted out of religious motivation? And that they were not driven by other motives...such as northern Ireland being reunited with the rest of Ireland?

You are claiming that the serbs acted out of religious motivation, and not some desire to create a greater serbia?

It would seem that you have little to no knowledge about the causes of the civil war in FY or the IRA. Perhaps that was to be expected, I dont know.

But the case you are arguing right now is that because there was a war and some of the participants had one religious belief or the other, then the cause of the conflict was that belief. Which of cource makes Vietnam a war of between Christian USA and Budhist Vietnam. I am not sure if you understand the complete stupidity of your argument, but I can assure you it ranks among the most ludicrous crap I have encountered so far on the internet...and that says alot.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
Re: we all hate parking attendents but
« Reply #140 on: July 04, 2007, 10:59:43 AM »
Originally posted by rogerdee
luck was on our side last night with the lucky spotting of the first car bomb by amberlance men who became suspicious of a smoking car.

Also luck was with us when a illegaly parked car was towed away to a compound which was also a car bomb,for once the parking attendents wshould be  thanked for takeing away  the car .

today we have been lucky and as useual london carries on as normal.

luck be with us

My dad actually saw the green merc, 2 hours before the attack on the A46 i believe; (he drives trucks overnight)

he said he could see a load of crap piled up on the back seats covered in rugs but he assumed they were moving house or something.

They were driving so badly that he almost phones the police to report drunken driving!. He saw TWO men in the car and he actually looked the passenger right in the eyes a for a few seconds. he's pretty freaked out about it now.

Offline Laurie

• Nickel Member
« Reply #141 on: July 04, 2007, 11:02:16 AM »
Originally posted by Viking
No, I’d say these guys are more deserving of that dubious honor:

And their handiwork looks like this:

The Kingsmill Massacre

The Altnaveigh Massacre

Enniskillen War Memorial Massacre

The Tullyvallen Massacre

Darkley Gospel Hall Massacre

Glennanne Ulster Defence Regiment Base

The Warrenpoint Massacre of soldiers from the Parachute Regiment

Bloody Friday in Belfast

The Dropping-Well Inn

The RUC station in Newry mortar bombed

Omagh bus bomb Massacre of British soldiers

Then there is the Bosnian Serbs and the Kosovo Serbs and we all know what those good Christians did:

Your point is taken though; that there are a LOT of Muslim fanatics. But contemporary Christianity is not devoid of monsters either.

Yes but viking, the religions tensions were CUASED by the struggle for land and union in Ireland, rather than  the other way round.

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #142 on: July 04, 2007, 11:03:26 AM »
Yes Hortlund, because the IRA has not been targeting and murdering Christian Protestants and the Serbs did not commit ethnic clenching against the Bosnian Muslims and Kosovo Albanians (Muslim). Sure. In your world this may not be acts based on religion, but then again in your world Muslims are the root of all evil. Next you’re going to say that the Holocaust had nothing to do with religion, the Nazis were just trying to make Germany greater. You sound like a Nazi-apologizer.

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #143 on: July 04, 2007, 11:07:09 AM »
Originally posted by Laurie
Yes but viking, the religions tensions were CUASED by the struggle for land and union in Ireland, rather than  the other way round.

And for how long have the Middle-East and Afghanistan been warzones, to say nothing of the Creation of Israel and the constant meddling of Middle-Eastern affairs by the West and Russia. You don’t think Islamic fanaticism has been born out of conflicts over land and freedom?

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #144 on: July 04, 2007, 11:10:42 AM »
You sound like a Nazi-apologizer.

LOL and you sound like a lunatic.

Anyway, take a step back, read up a bit on history and current events.

Try to focus on understanding the difference between a conflict caused by religion (crusades) and a conflict between different areas/groups of people with different religion that have other causes (Vietnam).

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #145 on: July 04, 2007, 11:28:02 AM »
LOL and you sound like a lunatic.

Anyway, take a step back, read up a bit on history and current events.

Try to focus on understanding the difference between a conflict caused by religion (crusades) and a conflict between different areas/groups of people with different religion that have other causes (Vietnam).

Just the kind of response I would expect from a right-wing extremist lawyer. When you can’t attack the argument, avoid it and attack the credibility of your opponent. No of course it is not at all religious motivation that make N.I. Catholics and Protestants murder each other, burn down each other’s homes, stone each other’s children on their way to school, murder each other’s clergy … no, clearly not religiously motivated acts of violence and terrorism. Lol, in the world of Hortlund.

Offline Hortlund

• Platinum Member
« Reply #146 on: July 04, 2007, 11:39:31 AM »
Just the kind of response I would expect from a right-wing extremist lawyer. When you can’t attack the argument, avoid it and attack the credibility of your opponent. No of course it is not at all religious motivation that make N.I. Catholics and Protestants murder each other, burn down each other’s homes, stone each other’s children on their way to school, murder each other’s clergy … no, clearly not religiously motivated acts of violence and terrorism. Lol, in the world of Hortlund.

I dont know what kind of response I was expecting from you. But perhaps you have noticed that we have drifted off the subject and into some sort of lovebombing of Hortlund.

And actually no, the conflict on northern ireland was not motivated by religion. It was motivated by the desire to reunite all of Ireland into one independent country...alternatively the desire to remain in the united kingdom. The battle lines were drawn along the religious lines however, since the pro-british tend to be protestant, and the pro-irish tend to be catholic. But to say that the conflict was CAUSED by religion only displays a deep missunderstanding and/or outright ignorance.

I tried to explain this to you, and got some "you must be a nazi" thrown back in my face? Well, that puts you in the idiot-category. Sorry.

Offline MiloMorai

• Platinum Member
« Reply #147 on: July 04, 2007, 11:47:45 AM »
You sound like a Nazi-apologizer.
If you are going to throw stones Viking, don't pull the 'I am an angel' act when someone comes back at you.:(

But to say that the conflict was CAUSED by religion only displays a deep missunderstanding and/or outright ignorance.
Would say the later in Viking's case.

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #148 on: July 04, 2007, 11:54:16 AM »
But to say that the conflict was CAUSED by religion only displays a deep missunderstanding and/or outright ignorance.

Another lawyer move on your part; a straw man argument. Never did I claim that the conflict was caused by religion (it was, but I never said so), only that there are contemporary Christian monsters that kill and terrorize for religious reasons. For the actual causes of the N.I. conflict read up on Elizabeth I and the English Church’s war on the Catholic rulers of Scotland, then carried over to Ireland by Henry VIII during the 16th century. That’s where the N.I. conflict started and it was a war, or rather several wars started by the Church of England and the Anglican monarch of England.

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #149 on: July 04, 2007, 11:56:05 AM »
Originally posted by MiloMorai
If you are going to throw stones Viking, don't pull the 'I am an angel' act when someone comes back at you.:(

Would say the later in Viking's case.

Ah … you found a friend in Hortlund. How nice for you.