Author Topic: Bring Back The MA  (Read 8472 times)

Offline DarkS1ar

• Copper Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #30 on: July 13, 2007, 02:51:08 AM »
:aok
All you do is vulch & run
200 Impossible shot’s I’am sending this film to HTC (Spit 16 that lost a 4 v 1)
200 Is that all you can do is H O (P38 shot by my SBD)
200 Wow shoot me landing u **** bag of **** I had 6 kills
DarkStarJust lost 1 of my rockets vulching, you don’t hear me WHINE

Offline Nilsen

• Plutonium Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #31 on: July 13, 2007, 02:56:02 AM »

Offline JB88

• Plutonium Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #32 on: July 13, 2007, 03:10:22 AM »

please and thank you.
this thread is doomed.
www.augustbach.com  

To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield. -Ulysses.

word.

Offline Viking

• Personal Non Grata
  • Gold Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #33 on: July 13, 2007, 03:11:22 AM »

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #34 on: July 13, 2007, 03:19:47 AM »
Help me out here cause I don't get it.

You want a bigger map with more people in it why?

More bases to take?  Is this a we need more territory to conquer so we can do it all over again plea?

How many people can you fight at one time?  One big dar bar meets another big dar bar.  A fight ensues with the battle going back and forth between the bases.  The airfields looks pretty much the same.  The towns do to?

Do you gents really look at the scenery when you are flying?

What can't you do right now that you could do on some other larger map with 1000 people on it?

A fight's a fight.  Things seem to be working just fine to me as I can find a fight any time I get to fly.  I sure see bases getting taken.  The Tankers are doing their thing.  The Buffs are doing their thing.  The PT boats are doing their thing.

The only thing that's changed that I can see is that the horde isn't as large, which to me is a good thing.

I guess that means I vote NO
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline klingan

• Gold Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #35 on: July 13, 2007, 03:28:27 AM »

The Few GFC

Offline Xasthur

• Gold Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #36 on: July 13, 2007, 03:28:57 AM »
Originally posted by trax1
Yeah bring back night flying:aok

:D :D :D
Raw Prawns
Australia

"Beaufighter Operator Support Services"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #37 on: July 13, 2007, 07:14:43 AM »
Originally posted by Guppy35

You want a bigger map with more people in it why?

More bases to take?  Is this a we need more territory to conquer so we can do it all over again plea?

How many people can you fight at one time?  One big dar bar meets another big dar bar.  A fight ensues with the battle going back and forth between the bases.  The airfields looks pretty much the same.  The towns do to?

Do you gents really look at the scenery when you are flying?

What can't you do right now that you could do on some other larger map with 1000 people on it?

A fight's a fight.  Things seem to be working just fine to me as I can find a fight any time I get to fly.  I sure see bases getting taken.  The Tankers are doing their thing.  The Buffs are doing their thing.  The PT boats are doing their thing.

The only thing that's changed that I can see is that the horde isn't as large, which to me is a good thing.

I guess that means I vote NO

Who would have thought "Dan" would be the voice of reason !!!

I don't care what you say Dan, I'm NOT going to quit !!

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #38 on: July 13, 2007, 07:40:39 AM »
A fight's a fight.  Things seem to be working just fine to me as I can find a fight any time I get to fly.

You just don't get it, even after all these months.

The fight isn't the point.  Resetting the map is the point.  The fights are only incidental to resetting the map.  How else are you going to know who won?

- oldman (geez.  kids today.....)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #39 on: July 13, 2007, 07:46:10 AM »
Originally posted by Oldman731

The fights are only incidental to resetting the map.

Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline HaDeSs

• Zinc Member
Re: Re: Bring Back The MA
« Reply #40 on: July 13, 2007, 08:28:35 AM »
Originally posted by Yknurd
No.

Suppose you old drunky.

The answer is Yes Bring Back MA.

And let the crying sissys who cant survive in MA fly in EW.

Let MA players fly in their MA, and let EW players flying in their too.

So all will be satisfied.  

Orange and blue separation is a fatal mistake who must be corrected.
The only profit is angry players (with no time) who wait to play
or they dont wait and go for ever.

They must mixed in one MA.
Only this one correction will fix everything.

Disable MW arena and mix Blue and Orange in the new MA.

Easy thing, and all will be satisfied because all have what they want.

If someone is not satisfied its only because he dont look his own bussines
but he wants to affect my way of play and fly,
and thats because he cant accept that he suck.

HadesEE  Hades55  HaDeSs
« Last Edit: July 13, 2007, 08:32:30 AM by HaDeSs »

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #41 on: July 13, 2007, 08:32:43 AM »
I support this topic :aok

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

storch

Bring Back The MA
« Reply #42 on: July 13, 2007, 09:01:59 AM »
last night the FoSGs were in the blue I think.  there were about two dozen or so of them attempting to steamroll bases.  with such few numbers (they can barely take undefended bases with three squads) they were easily checked in their mad dash to conquer the cartoon world.  the FoSGs had to conform themselves with vultching running to ack, each others comforting arms and smack typing.

as it was I think everyone had fun defending against them and their sycophants.  the FoSGs were whining loudly and often signifying their happiness as well.

a good time was had by all and the brilliance of HTC's plan in separating the arenas was once again displayed.

good job HTC thanks for your forward thinking.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #43 on: July 13, 2007, 09:02:23 AM »

1.  All of the large maps accomodated all types of play, be it vehicle battles, CV battles, buffing or furballing.  Many of the smaller maps do not.  Try to find a good GV battle on NDIsles outside of tank town, try high alt buffing in Beta, try CVing in Mid-Mesa.  You can't, therefore when those maps are in play those styles of play are out.  Other cases exist and when the same map is up in all arenas and doesn't support your preferred style of play it can be frustrating.

2.  Avoid the over-crowding/ganging.  On the big maps people were able to spread out.  You could fly to specific areas for the furball or others for some good one-on-ones.  With the overcrowded small maps a good one-on-one is a true rarity.  Being ganged is the norm.  Similarily, milkrunners didn't get their own arenas.  They had to co-exist with the rest of the player base, therefore there were others out spoiling the milk.

3.  The maps were generally more diverse.  We've lost fighter town, the protected tank town, those long runs of VB's away from from most airfields, multiple CV task groups, in-land rivers and many other features that added to the game.  Few of these features can be accomodated on the smaller maps due to size/space considerations.

4.  NOE missions.  I never do them but others enjoyed this aspect of the game.  It's a near impossibility now with the overcrowding.  There is rarely an element of surprise in the existing arenas.

There's a few and I'm sure I'll think of a few more.
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Bring Back The MA
« Reply #44 on: July 13, 2007, 09:10:05 AM »
Originally posted by BaldEagl

1.  All of the large maps accomodated all types of play, be it vehicle battles, CV battles, buffing or furballing.  Many of the smaller maps do not.  Try to find a good GV battle on NDIsles outside of tank town, try high alt buffing in Beta, try CVing in Mid-Mesa.  You can't, therefore when those maps are in play those styles of play are out.  Other cases exist and when the same map is up in all arenas and doesn't support your preferred style of play it can be frustrating.

2.  Avoid the over-crowding/ganging.  On the big maps people were able to spread out.  You could fly to specific areas for the furball or others for some good one-on-ones.  With the overcrowded small maps a good one-on-one is a true rarity.  Being ganged is the norm.  Similarily, milkrunners didn't get their own arenas.  They had to co-exist with the rest of the player base, therefore there were others out spoiling the milk.

3.  The maps were generally more diverse.  We've lost fighter town, the protected tank town, those long runs of VB's away from from most airfields, multiple CV task groups, in-land rivers and many other features that added to the game.  Few of these features can be accomodated on the smaller maps due to size/space considerations.

4.  NOE missions.  I never do them but others enjoyed this aspect of the game.  It's a near impossibility now with the overcrowding.  There is rarely an element of surprise in the existing arenas.

There's a few and I'm sure I'll think of a few more.

I agree with every point you made, BaldEagl.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."