Author Topic: Old Timer Problems  (Read 1800 times)

Offline Jackal1

• Plutonium Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #30 on: July 16, 2007, 11:43:07 AM »
Originally posted by Shifty
I've always wondered what part of  the R.O.T. you called home Jackal. There are quite a few of us in NE Tx. Slash, Dichotomy and I were thinking we need to all get together one of these days.

I`m just over here in the badlands of Lake Tawakoni.
We have talked about this before. I am the one who moved here from next door to the tonk at the edge of SS. :)
Democracy is two wolves deciding on what to eat. Freedom is a well armed sheep protesting the vote.
------------------------------------------------------------------

Offline ColKLink

• Nickel Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #31 on: July 16, 2007, 11:51:19 AM »
Just blame poor vision on a old cuncussion, throw these words in, at any oppertune time......................... ............................. .............. "oh by the way, the older I get, the faster I was"...(david baileys infamous words.):cool:
Live each day like it's your last, and one day, you will be right.---- rush 2112,--->" and the sheep shall inherit the earth"......

Offline Coach

• Copper Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #32 on: July 16, 2007, 11:57:51 AM »
Reading glasses here as well :(

What Storch sez about the dot works well.

btw...  Rockwall here when you guys grab that beer :D

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #33 on: July 16, 2007, 12:01:12 PM »
Originally posted by Jackal1
I`m just over here in the badlands of Lake Tawakoni.
We have talked about this before. I am the one who moved here from next door to the tonk at the edge of SS. :)

That's right we basically swapped locations, I moved from Point,  to Sulphur Springs, three years ago.

The older I get the faster I was........... That's good stuff Klink.:aok
« Last Edit: July 16, 2007, 12:04:14 PM by Shifty »

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Hungry

• Nickel Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #34 on: July 16, 2007, 12:35:32 PM »
Wow I guess I'm not the only one, when low I have to get the enemey above me against the sky backdrop or I cant see them.  Im 53, been using reading glasses for awhile, I remember for the longest time when AW had the 2d or 3d option I stayed with 2d because it was easier to see.
"I would gladly pay you Tuesday for a Hamburger today"

Offline SKJohn

• Nickel Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #35 on: July 16, 2007, 01:04:43 PM »
48 here with bi-focals.  I just sit far enough back from the monitor that I can see it clearly.  If I lean in close for detail -just lift your head to look thru the reading part of your glasses.  I have a 19" monitor, and don't have clearness problems.  As far as seeing a/c against the trees, as others have said, that's what camoflauge is for - although that big red icon is sort of a dead giveaway . . .

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #36 on: July 16, 2007, 01:12:16 PM »
Originally posted by SKJohn
48 here with bi-focals.  I just sit far enough back from the monitor that I can see it clearly.  If I lean in close for detail -just lift your head to look thru the reading part of your glasses.  I have a 19" monitor, and don't have clearness problems.  As far as seeing a/c against the trees, as others have said, that's what camoflauge is for - although that big red icon is sort of a dead giveaway . . .

Camoflauge on aircraft realistically is only good for long distance, like initial contact. Once you're within 200 yards of an aircraft the size of a WWII fighter that's moving at 200 MPH + I don't care how good the camo is, you'll see the plane. Plus my last instance of this I was chasing a silver P-51D on the deck last night. That's some camo.:)

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline LYNX

• Gold Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #37 on: July 16, 2007, 01:22:19 PM »
Forty-bloody-five and can't read stuff up close or very small print.  Got a cheap set of reading glasses if I need them.  Don't use them for AH.  Have same problem as everyone else with chasing planes around trees.  Icon is a dead give away but it's guess work as to where the con is below that.

Anywhere else there easy to see.  Only other trick I can think of is making Icons smaller in GUI......... down side is then reading friendlies names but a titchy Icon is going to sit right on that cons head :D

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #38 on: July 16, 2007, 01:52:58 PM »
A few years ago my fighter hit % started getting worse and worse. Now, even with drugstore reading glasses I can barely manage to hit 5% most of the time.

I don't know what's keeping me from the optometrist, I just turned 54 and will have to give in soon. When I do, watch out!!!

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #39 on: July 16, 2007, 02:03:47 PM »
Originally posted by Flatbar
I don't know what's keeping me from the optometrist

Not wanting to admit to myself my age seems to work keeping me away.:p

Offline rob53

• Nickel Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #40 on: July 16, 2007, 03:57:41 PM »
Only 44 here, some of my fondest AH memories are stealing PIPZ's kills  hehe

Rob
rob53
The Flying Circus

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #41 on: July 16, 2007, 04:05:03 PM »
Originally posted by rob53
Only 44 here, some of my fondest AH memories are stealing PIPZ's kills  hehe

Rob

Horrible Rob horrible..................... .......................

Pipz

P.S. SO theres no mis-understanding.I meant its Horrible stealing my kills.Although bein 44 is Horrible enough Muhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Silence tells me secretly everything.

Montreal! Free the Pitt Bulls!!!!!

Offline xbrit

• Silver Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #42 on: July 16, 2007, 04:09:25 PM »
49 here and with work and play both involving PC's my vision is on the same par with a married guys sexlife - nonexistant. Found I needed glasses in 95, bi-focals in 97 and finally trifocals in 99.
Rob53 those are good memories try to build more of them !!

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #43 on: July 16, 2007, 04:09:48 PM »
Originally posted by The Fugitive
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Originally posted by seabat
Every time I fly with Pipz I am blind

Yeah, 40's and viz problems, usually at dusk and dawn. Gamma thing really does not help either.

Time for a 40 plus arena!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

.....ummm....sorry to tell ya bud, its your singing!  Blowes the eardrums, and the concusion from the explosion just shears off the optic nerves. :p

Yea I do hit them high notes pretty good dont I Mariah has NOTHING on me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Muhaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Pipz

Offline pipz

• Platinum Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #44 on: July 16, 2007, 04:14:19 PM »
Originally posted by xbrit

Rob53 those are good memories try to build more of them !!

I detect a systamatic multi level anti Pipz conspiracy in the works....my operatives and I will be watching:noid

Pipz