Author Topic: Old Timer Problems  (Read 1799 times)

Offline Angry Samoan

• Silver Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2007, 03:16:41 PM »
Originally posted by storch
my monitor is a dinosaur, I have a viewsonic A91f+  it is CRT.  so forgive me for not considering those that may have a different type of monitor

Do you play in ultrabrite 3X  or 5X?

storch

Old Timer Problems
« Reply #76 on: July 17, 2007, 03:35:24 PM »
5x capable but I leave it in normal mode because something has to have a sense of normalcy in my life. :D

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
      • http://www.332nd.org
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #77 on: July 17, 2007, 03:39:46 PM »
my monitor is a dinosaur, I have a viewsonic A91f+  it is CRT.  so forgive me for not considering those that may have a different type of monitor

No.

storch

Old Timer Problems
« Reply #78 on: July 17, 2007, 03:41:59 PM »
well... ok then. don't

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #79 on: July 17, 2007, 03:44:53 PM »
I had catarac surgery a year ago,both eyes,was legally blind before the operation. I had great eyesite after for about 2 months then lost all close vision.
So I saw the eye Dr. again and was told I needed reading glasses,I told him I used the computer alot and he adjusted the focal lenght so I could see my monitor properly.Saddly this didnt solve the reading problem,so I have 2 pairs of glasses,1 for computer,the other for reading.

The only other thing to do is get a 42 to 60 in.LCD monitor...:lol :lol :lol
  if ya cant see that then ur blind......

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #80 on: July 17, 2007, 04:00:30 PM »
Originally posted by Shifty
That won't work Dicho, she's met you in person remember. :lol

well I tried :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Sloehand

• Silver Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #81 on: July 17, 2007, 04:13:53 PM »
Originally posted by wooley
The worst scenario vision wise is a plane low at your 12 over water - I find that just about impossible.

This is why I think the 'new' water is crap.  I've been in the SEA racing and some of the maps still have beautiful blue water that you can see objects against.

Generally, the last 2 updates ( the major update, and the one right after to fix the first one -- and didn't completly) left us with some visual difference in terms of distance viewing.  Prior to coming into icon range, cons are harder to spot.  Alot harder.  They have to be much close than they used to, to register.  

Also, a bit harder against the new terrain (which I like, for the most part) and definitely harder against the new water, which IMO, stinks, if for no other reason than it's so drab and dreay lookin.

Also, they seem to have increased a haze affect which really irritates my eyes when trying to squint into the distance.  During twilight hours (in the game) it feels like flying in a light fog sometimes.  Not fun.
Jagdgeschwader 77

"You sleep safe in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do you harm."  - George Orwell
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #82 on: July 17, 2007, 04:37:10 PM »
Originally posted by stickpig
Try setting a button to toggle your zoom....... When your following or on thier 6 you can toggle the zoom and see them just fine.

Been doing that for years, helps a little but for some reason I have to zoom back out usually. The zoom feature makes my aim even worse, as if that could be possible.:p

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #83 on: July 17, 2007, 04:57:47 PM »
well... ok then. don't

Ohhh I can't stay mad at you. I forgive you.

storch

Old Timer Problems
« Reply #84 on: July 17, 2007, 04:59:04 PM »
boy, whewwwwww that's a relief.

Offline scottydawg

• Silver Member
Old Timer Problems
« Reply #85 on: July 17, 2007, 05:02:56 PM »
I know, right?