Author Topic: THE BAD GUYS website  (Read 1053 times)

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
THE BAD GUYS website
« Reply #15 on: August 06, 2007, 02:38:26 PM »
TRAX, You Rock!!! :aok
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Flatbar

• Nickel Member
THE BAD GUYS website
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2007, 05:19:22 PM »
Originally posted by Kurt
Don't recall saying I did...

But having worked in situations covering all ends of the spectrum, I've learned to mute the computer when browsing the internet, because really you never know what it might throw at you.  

If you're in a sensitive environment, you really can't expect the internet to be watching out for you... You're going to have to be the one in control.

So, I'm listening to internet radio in my office where my wife and niece work with me and clients walk in and out all day. One thing that I don't expect while surfing the AH BBS and listening to the radio is 'Team America **** Yeah' to come blaring out of the speakers.

See the problem now? I just wanted to see what the site posted was about and without warning the F bomb is broadcast throughout my office. I didn't expect it because this BB rules are clearly posted and this site clearly doesn't fall into the acceptable catagory because of the inbedded audio.

Now that the original poster had posted a link w/o the audio profaity I can view the site w/o clearing my office 'just in case'.

It seems, by your logic, I should clear my office whenever I cruise the AH BBS while listening to internet radio. I don't think that HTC would want to have it's BB's content be questionable and I don't expect it to be when I want to surf it.

So, rant and rave all you want about personal responsibility and all, after all, personal responsibility is a two way street. Posting within the rules IS a personal responsibility.

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
THE BAD GUYS website
« Reply #17 on: August 06, 2007, 05:37:43 PM »
Originally posted by Flatbar
Posting within the rules IS a personal responsibility.

You can type that again.....

Offline Fulmar

• Gold Member
      • Aces High Movie Database
THE BAD GUYS website
« Reply #18 on: August 06, 2007, 06:04:38 PM »
Originally posted by Flatbar
So, I'm listening to internet radio in my office where my wife and niece work with me and clients walk in and out all day. One thing that I don't expect while surfing the AH BBS and listening to the radio is 'Team America **** Yeah' to come blaring out of the speakers.

See the problem now? I just wanted to see what the site posted was about and without warning the F bomb is broadcast throughout my office. I didn't expect it because this BB rules are clearly posted and this site clearly doesn't fall into the acceptable catagory because of the inbedded audio.

Now that the original poster had posted a link w/o the audio profaity I can view the site w/o clearing my office 'just in case'.

It seems, by your logic, I should clear my office whenever I cruise the AH BBS while listening to internet radio. I don't think that HTC would want to have it's BB's content be questionable and I don't expect it to be when I want to surf it.

So, rant and rave all you want about personal responsibility and all, after all, personal responsibility is a two way street. Posting within the rules IS a personal responsibility.

Welcome to the internet.  No matter what job I've worked at in the past or present.  Either strict business office or a more relaxed environment you are taking risks browsing the internet.  I'm surprised some of the avatars allowed on the site doesn't get you going...  Sorry, we don't an internet nanny.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2007, 06:08:58 PM by Fulmar »
In game callsign: not currently flying
Flying off and on since Warbirds
Aces High Movies available at www.derstuhl.net/ahmd2 - no longer aceshighmovies.com - not updated either

Offline trax1

• Gold Member
THE BAD GUYS website
« Reply #19 on: August 06, 2007, 06:14:12 PM »
See Rule #4 (another comment like that and you will not be welcome back to this board)
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 08:15:34 AM by Skuzzy »
"I hate to advocate drugs, alcohol, violence, or insanity to anyone, but they've always worked for me." - Hunter S. Thompson

Offline Kurt

• Silver Member
      • http://www.clowns-of-death.com
THE BAD GUYS website
« Reply #20 on: August 06, 2007, 07:02:40 PM »
See Rule #5
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 08:16:26 AM by Skuzzy »
--Kurt
Supreme Exalted Grand Pooh-bah Clown
Clowns of Death <Now Defunct>
'A pair of jokers beats a pair of aces'

Offline SkyPig

• Zinc Member
THE BAD GUYS website
« Reply #21 on: August 13, 2007, 05:08:59 PM »
See Rule #5
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 08:16:52 AM by Skuzzy »

Offline Bannor

• Nickel Member
THE BAD GUYS website
« Reply #22 on: August 13, 2007, 10:05:49 PM »
LMAO!!!!:rofl

Puter etiquet! Funny stuff! :aok
Destiny brought you here, now FATE will deal with your six!

Damn, we're in a tight spot!

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
THE BAD GUYS website
« Reply #23 on: August 13, 2007, 11:57:36 PM »
Excuse me,

Don't we have a General Discussion, or O'club BB for this?
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline RATTFINK

• Gold Member
THE BAD GUYS website
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2007, 12:10:14 AM »
I asked Skuzzbucket to delete it over a week ago.  That flatbar guy screwed a nice post up.
Hitting trees since tour 78

Offline Sled

• Gold Member
      • Friday Squad Operations
THE BAD GUYS website
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2007, 12:31:13 AM »
I can take care of that.
~Sled~                 Aces High Special Events
USMC/71sqn
      XO               What Aces High is really all about.

Offline Sweet2th

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
THE BAD GUYS website
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2007, 01:55:35 AM »
Originally posted by SkyPig
See Rule #5

M.I.A.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2007, 08:17:58 AM by Skuzzy »